House Price Crash Forum

Anthony Hilton Speaks The Plain Truth

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Hence the flocks of headless chickens where leadership and government are supposed to be.

Funny but also basicly true, though I think rabbits in headlights is a more accurate description. Both Brown and Darling appear to be walking about in a permanant state of shock these days- like they just can't belive what's happening to them.

HOLA444
Both Brown and Darling appear to be walking about in a permanant state of shock these days- like they just can't belive what's happening to them.

If only they had been reading a bit of the HPC forum they might not be quite so surprised.

- I have friends who seem to think I am some kind of economic genius for predicting some of what is going on now - mostly based on some of the more sensible posts on here.

HOLA445
Guest happy?
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...alth/article.do

IMO Hilton has spoken sense about the economy, global finance and UK house prices for some time.

It is clear to see that sentiment is changing rapidly. By the time the banks report next quarter's results, we should be all but in recession.

Monty

Seems fairly derivative of this site. O that he'd written it eighteen months ago, that would have been something.

HOLA446

It was good until this bit:

Supplies of basic commodities - the obvious ones such as copper and oil, and the less obvious but no less vital ones like phosphorus and food - are in such short supply that the prices have soared.

Why is it that people fail to put 2 and 2 together and realise that the reason for the higher commodity prices is because the bankers have been a little bit too busy creating money which has found its way out of property into other areas.

HOLA447
Funny but also basicly true, though I think rabbits in headlights is a more accurate description. Both Brown and Darling appear to be walking about in a permanant state of shock these days- like they just can't belive what's happening to them.

At the end of the day Brown and Darling are just people…bless 'em both :P …who would honestly want to either of 'em?

HOLA448