House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Potwalloper

Estate Agents' Tactics

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/action/publicsi...bmit_dosearch=1

This agent have at least one property that is currently under offer but is not shown as so on Rightmove. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more.

When you ring about it, they say they "have been very busy" and haven't had a chance to update the website to show this status.... in six weeks. Property Bee shows that they have updated the details since I first rang them with a "Offers in Region of" tag.

Not the most sensible way to impress! It seems to be a way of getting you on their mailing list so they can pester you with stuff you don't want.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/action/publicsi...bmit_dosearch=1

This agent have at least one property that is currently under offer but is not shown as so on Rightmove. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more.

When you ring about it, they say they "have been very busy" and haven't had a chance to update the website to show this status.... in six weeks. Property Bee shows that they have updated the details since I first rang them with a "Offers in Region of" tag.

Not the most sensible way to impress! It seems to be a way of getting you on their mailing list so they can pester you with stuff you don't want.

I've had "Your Move" tell me that a property I wanted to view was under offer but not marked as such "to maintain interest in case the sale falls through again". Guess what, it fell through (again), and 2 months later they still haven't contacted me to rearrange a viewing. Not the brightest bunch.

I'll get round to offering 50% of asking price at some point...

Bagshaws residential in Bakewell are doing the same thing - really pissing me of. They claim they are busy although they have the valuer manning the shop on saturdays. They also claim to have many properties going through but no STC on rightmove or in the shop. Some of these that have sold have been like that for 12 weeks and still haven't go through.

bb

They also claim to have many properties going through but no STC on rightmove or in the shop.

Ha! This outfit said the same to me too. I don't believe a word of it either!

I refused to give my details and will never buy a property from them.

agents are scum, they will do anything for money.....

Come on, how many agents as a percentage hold a degree or equilivent.

Dont trust them, they are only after money, easy bucks from pimping houses...

i hope all agents go under, don't buy or sell,, let them sufferer for years of property ramping...

Agents are scum... The new traffic wardens..... Agents think they are cleaver,,, hold off selling or buying and negoiate you commission to a flat fee. Make them work for once...

The people that have had their offer accepted on the said property (ie the potrential buyers) should be insisting that the property be removed from Rightmove as SSTC, and that the For Sale Board outside the house has SSTC on it. If the Estate Agent refuses to do this then the offer should be withdrawn until the property is withdrawn from the market as SSTC. Personally I would not start spending money on surveys, solicitors, etc. until the property was withdrawn from the market in this way. If need be I also state that if I am forced into a situation of having to withdraw my offer, the offer will only reappear on the table again after I have shaved another 5% off the asking price. Surprising how quickly they begin to co-operate!!

agents are scum, they will do anything for money.....

Come on, how many agents as a percentage hold a degree or equilivent.

A degree isn't everything.

Dont trust them, they are only after money, easy bucks from pimping houses...

i hope all agents go under, don't buy or sell,, let them sufferer for years of property ramping...

Agents are scum... The new traffic wardens..... Agents think they are cleaver,,, hold off selling or buying and negoiate you commission to a flat fee. Make them work for once...

Like you, with your degree, worked to create this sentence.

You can't call EAs thick in one sentence, then demonstrate in the next that you don't have a basic grasp of English.

:)

Similar theme from my experience (north west). Local estate agent has 1 particular property from a developer that sold the best part of 5 months ago. However the details have stayed on the agents website. My take on this is, the agent is trying to create the sense that properties are still selling at the old prices.