House Price Crash Forum

Why Haven't You Created The Hpc Political Party?

HOLA441
HOLA442
One policy/issue parties simply do not do well in UK elections. Also, the Media deliberately do not give them any air-time - they work on a deliberately complicated formula of having to have X candidates and X members in your party and X percentage of the vote (Big problem if it is your first election.) to get airtime.

Thats the basic problem with it, take for example the London Mayoral election recently, every day in the Metro they had the views of the candidates every day it was Labour, Conservative, Liberal Democrates and Greens, nobody else got a look in. The BNP for example got 2.84% of the vote, the greens only slightly higher 3.15% yet in the main media the BNP had no coverage whatsoever, don't support the BNP in anyway but the point is that a part with a significant voice didn't get a look in the HPC party would get nothing.

As also mentioned the main problem is despite the fact it benefits many people there is still this rock solid opinion that high house prices are a good thing.

HOLA443
Can I ask where they isn't a HPC Political party, the number of times I've read comments by people saying it's typical of the British to do nothing, so why has HPC done nothing? Writing on a forum isn't going to change jack schitt.

There's been 3 by-elections where a stand could have been made and our lazy greedy f***er politicians exposed.

HPC should start it's own political party under the banner of the Freedom Party. The housepricecrash Party I don't think would send out the right message to the voters.

Ideas for a Manifasto

New constitution forcing the Govt to run a balanced budget unless under exceptional circumstances, and if deficit spending is used the govt has to return back to a balanced budget within 3-5 years. Failure to do so the taxpayer can pursue the MP's that voted for deficit spending at seize their assets. Obviously the current mess may take more than 3-5 years to sort out.

Same for Councils need to run a balance budget, same outcome if they fail to do so.

End of MPs expenses, anything bought by the taxpayer belongs to the taxpayer. So if they have a nice new shiny plasma TV that's fine but they don't get to keep it.

Any political party standing for election on a manifasto creates a legally binding document fail to implement your plans without good reason and the electorate can sue the govt to be evicted.

The Civil Service to be made independent of govt, loyalty to the people not govt.

The BoE to be given the economic objective of a stable economy, with the powers to tell the govt to f*** off if they come looking for just printing more cash to boost the economy.

Spending needs to be slashed, ID Cards to be scrapped complete waste of money.

Family tax credit to be based on details the Inland Revenue already have rather than you having to guess and getting it wrong.

Criminals to get reduced human rights, the only thing someone breaks the law is entitled to is basic food / shelter the rest is tough sh*t don't break the law.

Obviously the Human Rights Bill would have to be addressed and corrected.

Prisons objective to become self funding, prisoners to earn money through work in jail to pay for their keep and to pay restituion back to victims and cover insurance costs with the aim of reducing insurance bills and more important the tax bill. If prisoners want luxurys they have to earn it themselves.

All new builds to be carbon neutral with the objective of self sustaining to reduce this nations energy bills.

DWP and Inland Revenue to sort out the National Insurance numbers fiasco as I'd read we have more numbers than people.

If your claiming child benefit/tax credits parents and children must be resident here, for those of schooling age must be registered in School.

Abolition on upper limit on community service, Judges allowed to give out orders which would mean someone doing community service for years if they warranted it, they are far better doing this than clogging up the jails. However if they proved themselves to be good citizens this could be reduced for exceptional contributions.

Life to mean life, if the Judge thinks 30 years then that's what they say, not life with minimum of 30 years.

EU taxes suspended until the EU accounts are signed off so far they haven't been signed off in over 10 years by the accountants. Until the corruption stops no more UK money.

The above is my little effect I'm sure I can think of others.

Do you know I have sometimes thought this myself. How I would change it all. The single biggest reason I dont and have never tried to get into politics is that (and I know this sounds bad) I dont care about England that much anymore :( It's nice to visit and thats it.

I have lived for that long now in other countrys where I have had and do have a much better quality of life and I just look at England and sigh. The problems are to my mind insurmountable. Not the problems themselves but the general English mentality! You will never overcome the brainwashing, the benefit crowd, the selfish, the nimbys and the general malaise. England is such a novelty country now.