House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sortofsilver

Another Big Price Fall. £299950 Offers Around £225000

Looks a bloody nice pad though ...

A more than one sentence descrition would be good though.

Dont do it Keef it will end in tears

some folk still seem to think it's best to put the price UP if the property has been knocking around for over 6 months unsold:

Outstanding substantial remodelled and tastefully appointed Detached residence of approx. 7700 sq.ft. approached by a carriage drive and gated entrance, situated in this internationally renown road. The property boasts an impressive array of noteworthy features, including an indoor swimming pool...

History

date event

4th Aug 2008

* Price changed: from '£7,500,000' to '£8,750,000'

14th Mar 2008

* Price changed: from '£8,750,000' to '£7,500,000'

2nd Feb 2008

* Initial entry found.

Or are they just trying to skew the rightmove asking price figures again? They wouldn't do a thing like that, would they..? <_<

Edited by red

A more than one sentence descrition would be good though.

Dont do it Keef it will end in tears

Very good point, I'll sit tight mate :P

Thought I would test te market in the area I am looking in so when to see the place below :-

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-193...=5&tr_t=buy

I was chased up by the agent this morning after a second viewing this weekend, and got the usual story that another vendor was interested, they had an offer on their please, etc......

He stated that if I was interested than I would have to be quick etc, so told him I would be looking to offer mid/high £500k and he basically told me to look at prices in the £550K bracket! :-)

Also said there is no way prices will go that low, also during the view was advised by his collague that the property opposite was sold for £975K, when I mention this to him today, the agent says that is true. I said funny that, the house sold for £875K actually, tell me I am wrong since they sold the property! So I mentioned that I got the figure from Land registry site and he went very quiet.

So it appears that the tactic in this area is to get agressive with the client making low offers and simply dismissing them as time wasters

ps. not the best speller so if there are mistakes please forgive me :-)

He stated that if I was interested than I would have to be quick etc, so told him I would be looking to offer mid/high £500k and he basically told me to look at prices in the £550K bracket! :-)

This is the one thing I want to avoid.

The type of house I want is around 220-250k today. One house, 250k went to 200k and sold very quickly. Not that I could afford that, but if I was looking at 250k houses I think the agent would tell me where to go if I made an offer less than 200k.

At some stage I might start emailing agents, saying I don't want to waste your time... but this is the house I'm interested in at this price...

Currently I could afford £170k ish...

Thought I would test te market in the area I am looking in so when to see the place below :-

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-193...=5&tr_t=buy

I was chased up by the agent this morning after a second viewing this weekend, and got the usual story that another vendor was interested, they had an offer on their please, etc......

Also said there is no way prices will go that low, also during the view was advised by his collague that the property opposite was sold for £975K, when I mention this to him today, the agent says that is true. I said funny that, the house sold for £875K actually, tell me I am wrong since they sold the property! So I mentioned that I got the figure from Land registry site and he went very quiet.

So it appears that the tactic in this area is to get agressive with the client making low offers and simply dismissing them as time wasters

ps. not the best speller so if there are mistakes please forgive me :-)

In regard to what you have said above you might find the following thread interesting, see: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=83642&st=0

In regard to the property at the start of this thread - shame it's in Redditch!!!!

This is the one thing I want to avoid.

The type of house I want is around 220-250k today. One house, 250k went to 200k and sold very quickly. Not that I could afford that, but if I was looking at 250k houses I think the agent would tell me where to go if I made an offer less than 200k.

At some stage I might start emailing agents, saying I don't want to waste your time... but this is the house I'm interested in at this price...

Currently I could afford £170k ish...

I am sure I read somewhere back in the last crash that if you made an offer on a property that the agent has to legally submit it to the seller, or am I entirely incorrect.... anybody any idea.

In regard to the property at the start of this thread - shame it's in Redditch!!!!

A shed load of people knock Redditch but most of the place is fine. The view from my living room is not bad.

2z6t8op.jpg