House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Soul Reaver

A Classic

A mate of mine who just happens to have done very well out fo the property boom accused me last night of taking delight in my mates losing their investments.

I made the classic mistake of stating that I hope houses crash all the way down to 70% losses accross the board and then all of a sudden the whole situation became my fault. It was clearly my fault that my mates did'nt sell their houses at the top. It was clearly my fault that they bought the overpriced junk in the first place and it is my fault that I want prices to return to normallity because this will mean lots of people losing out. Namely my mates.

How could I want my mates to lose out he said. That made me very selfish indeed. Funny thing is this guy would not give you the steam off his piss if your life depended on said steam!

I shall in future keep my mouth closed for fear of being stoned...

Funny thing is this guy would not give you the steam off his piss if your life depended on said steam!

:lol:

Love that! I will add it to my store of piss-related put downs, along with "I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, unless I could piss petrol"

Couple of people where i work in the sh1t due to buying at the top and/or MEWing. One guy needs to move within walking distance of work for health reasons, but he's MEWed up to the eyeballs and can't lower his price any more or we won't have enough equity to get a deposit to get a mortgage, and so clearly can't sell. Oops. No sympathy, but I haven't said that of course, or he'd be blaming me no doubt :rolleyes:

A mate of mine who just happens to have done very well out fo the property boom accused me last night of taking delight in my mates losing their investments.

I made the classic mistake of stating that I hope houses crash all the way down to 70% losses accross the board and then all of a sudden the whole situation became my fault. It was clearly my fault that my mates did'nt sell their houses at the top. It was clearly my fault that they bought the overpriced junk in the first place and it is my fault that I want prices to return to normallity because this will mean lots of people losing out. Namely my mates.

How could I want my mates to lose out he said. That made me very selfish indeed. Funny thing is this guy would not give you the steam off his piss if your life depended on said steam!

sounds like you hit a raw nerve. Maybe he hasnt done so well after all.

:lol:

Love that! I will add it to my store of piss-related put downs, along with "I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, unless I could piss petrol"

Couple of people where i work in the sh1t due to buying at the top and/or MEWing. One guy needs to move within walking distance of work for health reasons, but he's MEWed up to the eyeballs and can't lower his price any more or we won't have enough equity to get a deposit to get a mortgage, and so clearly can't sell. Oops. No sympathy, but I haven't said that of course, or he'd be blaming me no doubt :rolleyes:

And if he wasnt on fire, id set him on fire, and then, not piss on him. :lol:

I used to go to the horse races quite a bit years ago. One of my mates was a bit suspicious so I delighted in suggesting that his choice may fall at the first etc etc. When the horse didn't win, for whatever reason, he said I put the "bock" on him and he would place his bets in secret.

I think this sums up the mentality of property investors at this point in the crash. They are so fragile that even the suggestion from a "realist" bear will be seen as a direct cause of property dropping a few more points. They think if you don't speak it--it won't happen. A little bit like a child who covers his eyes when playing hide and seek thinking this will make them invisible.

Property investors will have to confront reality and accept that all bubbles burst, they always have and always will. This one is bigger than those that went before so it will be different this time. It will be worse than last time.

And you call him your mate......?

He doens't sound like a mate......sounds like a right WAN**R.....!

Yes you're right I was stretching the word mate a lot. let's say aquaintance more like. A fringe member of our group. This all started because he wants a rent increase.

I just did a quick look at my mates situations and found the following

Mum and dad = Own the house so cant really lose anything and would never sell anyway

Bro = Same as me saving for the right time to buy living with mum and dad

Sis = Council house

Niece = Renting with partner

Nephew = At home with Sis as although in full time work can't afford to move out

Mate 1. Mortgage nearly paid off

Mate 2. Small Mortage easily affordable

Mate 3. Sold at peak on my advice and now living with inlaws waiting for bottom

Mate 4. Living in a rental house with me as can't afford to live on his own, keeps my Uk base occupied

Mate 5. Own house small mortage easily affordable

Mate 6 Own house small mortage easily affordable

Mate 7 Sold at peak on her and my advice

This guy = Lots of comercial property and a couple of houses paid off one of which I rent off him (although not for much longer as I dont really need it but it would mean my mate 4 having to move back to mums, not good)

On reflection I think he is pissed because I struck a cord and he is the one that will lose a lot and not any of my mates.. I also dont think it went down well when I mentioned that the house I rent that he had on the market for 320K I will give him 150 for end of 09 LOL

Note to self: Only talk property crashes on here!!

Edited by Soul Reaver

Yes you're right I was stretching the word mate a lot. let's say aquaintance more like. A fringe member of our group. This all started because he wants a rent increase.

Mum and dad = Own the house so cant really lose anything and would never sell anyway

Sis = Council house

Nephew = At home with Sis as although in full time work can't afford to move out

Mate 4. Living in a rental house with me as can't afford to live on his own, keeps my Uk base occupied

This guy = Lots of comercial property and a couple of houses paid off one of which I rent off him (although not for much longer as I dont really need it but it would mean my mate 4 having to move back to mums, not good)

On reflection I think he is pissed because I struck a cord and he is the one that will lose a lot and not any of my mates.. I also dont think it went down well when I mentioned that the house I rent that he had on the market for 320K I will give him 150 for end of 09 LOL

commercial property. maybe thats the key. Its dead with 20% off when I last looked, and that was in January.

Turn it around - when he was supposedly doing so well out of property was he not taking delight in others, including YOU, who were not doing so well out of property?

As others have commented, sounds like you touched a raw nerve.

I have noticed people have suddenly become ruder and more aggressive in recent months. I think a lot of problems are not begining to hurt.

My mum's neighbour has been blabbering on for years about how great it is that her house is worth three times what she and her husband paid in the mid-1990's. The other day my mum said it was good prices were coming down because it meant young people would be able to buy again. The neighbour got quite upset about the statement and said my mum was being our of order for hoping people lose money.

Methinks some serious MEWing might have gone on next door.

House-train a puppy by rubbing its nose in its own s&*t. Trying this with a full grown doberman is likely to get you savaged.

Moral - house train when they're young. And never unnecessarily - its cruelty to animals.

House-train a puppy by rubbing its nose in its own s&*t. Trying this with a full grown doberman is likely to get you savaged.

Moral - house train when they're young. And never unnecessarily - its cruelty to animals.

Can someone pls point me to where I have to queue to rub a BTL'ers face in sh1t

Ah - just realised - no need, fan, sh1t and btl face are all in perfect alignment already.

I might stand behind the fan and do a bit of blowing anyway, - wont make much difference, cos its a more of a 747 engine sized fan, but I might make sure I've had something a bit garlicky!

Edited by sbn

Can someone pls point me to where I have to queue to rub a BTL'ers face in sh1t

local council housing office?

How could I want my mates to lose out he said.

<shrug> how could he want his mate to be priced out of home ownership forever?

And if he wasnt on fire, id set him on fire, and then, not piss on him. :lol:

Heard a new variant at the weekend:

"I wouldn't piss in his ear if his brain was on fire". :P

What fun we will have laughing at these geezers behind their backs.

I have a vested interest in prices dropping, in theory I'm shorting the market. If someone else is long, tuff. For years I have been wrong, now I'm coming right and I'm not apologising to anyone and those that have been smug with their "brilliant business talents in property development" shall get smugness back. :P

Edited by Hired Goon

Well, you could have said something to them before you caused all this....

;)

Well, you could have said something to them before you caused all this....

;)

I did I did. I tried my best and only two of them listened :blink:

I accept total responsability for the worlds economic woes...

My mum's neighbour has been blabbering on for years about how great it is that her house is worth three times what she and her husband paid in the mid-1990's. The other day my mum said it was good prices were coming down because it meant young people would be able to buy again. The neighbour got quite upset about the statement and said my mum was being our of order for hoping people lose money.

Methinks some serious MEWing might have gone on next door.

Yep...people get quite touchy about "losing" their ill-gotten gains in housing. I just stay quiet. Life is too short to have it shortened even further by an idiot with a carving knife.

Sis = Council house

This is simply a case of mixing business with pleasure. Here are some mate rules:-

Never sell them anything MAJOR, like a house, a car, a bike, or anything electrical. It always comes back to bite ya on ya ****, or rent off them.

Never rent with a mate, can be costly, friendshipwise, there can be exceptions.

Never offer to lend friends money or give/ offer them advice which they are not asking for (if they need it they will ask, if you push it onto them they deem you to have to much to spare so sit on it for a while) unless you think they are depressed etc and need that unprompted help.

Never leave your missus and said mate alone with each other... hahaha, its amazing the things they can talk about (lads weekends away) or get up to (especially under the influence, which one day could be thrown in your face.

if you work these rules correctly you will be sorted.

Unfortunately i've broken everyone of them over my years hence being the wise old bugger now!

From Apocalypse Now

Willard: Could we, uh... talk to Colonel Kurtz?

Photojournalist: Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...