House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
huw

Blair Blasts Brown In Leaked Memo

link

Byers called for Margaret Thatcher's right-to-buy programme for council homes to be turned into a deposit scheme where instead of getting discounts of up to £38,000 tenants could use the money as a deposit to buy a private home - thus helping unlock the crippled housing market.

:o

Mail on Sunday coverage of leaked memo

I fail to understand this 'right to buy' privilege for council tenants. People renting in the private sector don't get any benefits like this at all.

Agreed, I'm not against social housing as such but I think it should be for those that actually need it (which automatically excludes anybody able to buy their own place). edit: and the idea of giving council tenants a cash handout as a HP support measure sickens me, to be honest.

Edited by huw

Damn why have I been saving, might as well spend all my money on penny chews, get evicted

be re homed and then get given a big stack of cash to go and buy somewhere.

Then if your feeling really cheeky sell the place pocket the money and start again.

Ok Gordon its time to check yourself into the asylum RIGHT NOW!

Damn why have I been saving, might as well spend all my money on penny chews, get evicted

be re homed and then get given a big stack of cash to go and buy somewhere.

Then if your feeling really cheeky sell the place pocket the money and start again.

Ok Gordon its time to check yourself into the asylum RIGHT NOW!

I'm afraid you wouldn't qualify for the Government homes bonanza unless you can either get yourself up the duff on a one night stand, or unlearn English and never have any intention of speaking a word of this country's native tongue ever again.

I'm afraid you wouldn't qualify for the Government homes bonanza unless you can either get yourself up the duff on a one night stand, or unlearn English and never have any intention of speaking a word of this country's native tongue ever again.

He could hack a leg off with his teeth.

Thatll get you "housed" every time

He could hack a leg off with his teeth.

Thatll get you "housed" every time

No need, I think you can get permanent incapacity benefit from a twisted ankle.