House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dinker

After The Family Living In A Car

6 kids!!! That's gonna be a 40k handout per year isn't it?

I'm trying to get my head round having that many kids and being on such a low income (plus all the benefits and tax credits); as I sit here with an awful snotty cold and prepare to do a little bit of work today to catch up, I am trying to determine if you could honestly believe you could provide for the larger family on that income. Or, is it done with the intent on drawing from the state to support and pay for their family?

In my mind, I am thinking a very big salary needed to provide the things 6 kids need.

Maybe I have woken up as a Grumbly Bear this morning!

TFH

Edited by Tin Foil Hat

They have chosen to rough it in a shed for the summer to save some money.

Something people have done around here for years!

Such a non story.

The people living in the car get me £553 month mortgage is not that extreme.

I pay nearly that in rent. I have a feeling they had other debts.

Lesson 1 don't pay your mortgage you get evicted, don't pay your

credit card the bank gets upset but you still have somewhere to live.

The people living in the car get me £553 month mortgage is not that extreme.

I pay nearly that in rent. I have a feeling they had other debts.

Lesson 1 don't pay your mortgage you get evicted, don't pay your

credit card the bank gets upset but you still have somewhere to live.

and that's exactly why mortgage lenders have been lending money so easily as they know the mortgage is the last thing that people stop paying and therefore relatively low-risk.

It is astounding that the number of posts on this thread is now into double figures and yet no-one has yet referenced the Monty Python Four Yorkshiremen sketch.

Even just a few months ago this would have been de rigeur for any discussion involving sub-standard housing.

Surely someone out there used to dream of living in a shed?

Now when I first joined HPC a thread wurra thread ...

Mrs Galloway said the houses offered to her family were completely run down with either no running water, caved-in ceilings, holes in the kitchen floor or tiles falling off the wall.

Sounds just like my HA flat when I first moved in in 2001. I put it all right in the end when I was offered a secured tenancy after being here a year.

No sympathy love, beggars can't be choosers as they say. <_<

Sounds just like my HA flat when I first moved in in 2001. I put it all right in the end when I was offered a secured tenancy after being here a year.

No sympathy love, beggars can't be choosers as they say. <_<

Totally agree. They've been offered housing, even if in poor condition, but they're staying in that shed 'cos its free. This story is b****x.

They have been offered several houses and have turned their noses up at all of them. What do they want, a mansion in Hampstead ? I really have no time and sympathy for these people. Given they have both made themselves intentionally homeless what do they expect from their local authorities. Hartlepool have bent over backwards to help the chavs in the shed. As for the chap in the car, given that they do not have a pot to piss in why have another kid ?

They have been offered several houses and have turned their noses up at all of them. What do they want, a mansion in Hampstead ? I really have no time and sympathy for these people. Given they have both made themselves intentionally homeless what do they expect from their local authorities. Hartlepool have bent over backwards to help the chavs in the shed. As for the chap in the car, given that they do not have a pot to piss in why have another kid ?

I am not in the UK anymore guys, but I have to say I feel like so many people seem to feel like they are entitled to something.

If you have a problem or need some help then fine, but often you need to get of your **** and get on with it instead of f_cking whining.

After haveing been down under for a while the term whinging pom is very very relevent.

Because they need the kids, would those stories have made the Daily Mail if it was a couple of 20 year olds priced out living in a car, of course not the children provide tax credits and public sympathy, of course she got pregnant as soon as it became clear they would need the councils help because with only one child they could have been given a one bedroomed flat.

Must be a slow news day.

What's not explained is how they fell into arrears and became victims of their own stupidity the credit crunch.

How much longer can the sheep blame "Old Crunchie" for their own foolishness? :unsure:

QUOTE (

pioneer31 @ Jun 6 2008, 10:37 PM)

This country is nuts. For 10 years house prices have gone through the roof, making the average house THREE times more expensive than it was. FTB's are going to be crippled with debt for years to come.

What do the public do or say? Nothing

Best post on the site.

When the wannabe millionaires are still paying their 400k debts on a 50k property us renters are gonna have alot of power over these 'home owners', and as the Polish and their mates go home, there will be a flush of properties to choose from for renters.

Shame for the normal families who have got liar loans though....the BTL investors have alot to answer for.

How many people on 25k have 300k homes on IO rates?

These guys are shafted, bigtime.

Edited by renterbob

How many people on 25k have 300k homes on IO rates?

These guys are shafted, bigtime.

This is another elephant in the room I think. I don't know how long IO mortgages have been allowed, especially when some banks / BS don't even ask to see any 'repayment vehicle' these days, they just advise you need one!

Anyway, there must be 100s of thousands of folk who at the end of their 25 year mortgage will be asked for the capital. Errr, I haven't got it.

Oh dear! We'll have that house then, otherwise its another mortgage, paying interest til you die? Repossessed as a pensioner? All possible, starting in about 15-20 yrs I reckon. :unsure:

This is another elephant in the room I think. I don't know how long IO mortgages have been allowed, especially when some banks / BS don't even ask to see any 'repayment vehicle' these days, they just advise you need one!

Anyway, there must be 100s of thousands of folk who at the end of their 25 year mortgage will be asked for the capital. Errr, I haven't got it.

Oh dear! We'll have that house then, otherwise its another mortgage, paying interest til you die? Repossessed as a pensioner? All possible, starting in about 15-20 yrs I reckon. :unsure:

Well not really because at the end of the 25 year term the property will have increased in value and the difference between the mortgage and the value will buy at least one 2 bed property if not better. The fools will be those who MEW as we all know.

In that case they will become 'forced' sellers. And in my experience, very few old people downsize until one of the couple actually dies. They prefer to stay where they are, especially if they've been there a long time. I know of at least 4 friends' parents rattling around in 3/4 bed houses, asset rich, cash poor. They become targets for the 'equity release' shilocks.

Edited for typos

Edited by Stourbridge Baggie

Well not really because at the end of the 25 year term the property will have increased in value and the difference between the mortgage and the value will buy at least one 2 bed property if not better. The fools will be those who MEW as we all know.

Oh contraire, you're not a bear.

:lol: