House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Television Documentaries Must Not Be Manipulated By The State

Our revelation that the Government has been funding television documentary series, and monitoring the content before it is broadcast, will come as a shock to many viewers.

Certainly, it raises serious questions about the extraordinary readiness of Labour politicians effectively to hijack "documentaries" for use as a propaganda tool. It also highlights the worrying eagerness of television companies to be thus used in exchange for a handsome injection of cash and access.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...8/03/dl0301.xml

i'd like to say theres something new.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How much more prompting do the sheep need!!!

.......Us doom-mongers were RIGHT about the housing market.

RIGHT about propaganda

RIGHT about the treason of our politicians

As the queen rightly said,there are dark forces in this country about which we have no knowledge.

......I guess we do....and we know EXACTLY where they come from.

Read up on the people hitler got his doctrine from,it's almost a carbon-copy of the same policies.

If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck,quacks like a duck........it's a duck.

It's not just the Government's influence through this mechanism that worries me, though clearly this is a very underhand example.

But have you noticed how there are lots of adverts, public information or warning adverts on some of the commercial radio stations?

At one point on LBC there was stuff on food hygeine from the food standards agency, TV licensing, the DVLA saying you should not drive your vehicle if it has been declared of the road etc. Surely this creates a risk for broadcasters, ie the temptation not to bite the hand that feeds them.

In what way is this news?

Was it really just mere coincidence that property shows like "Location, Location, Location" swamped the broadcasting schedule and that credit became cheaply available to the masses just after NuLabour came to power? Of course it wasn't. They took control of the airwaves to assist in manufacturing the property boom on behalf of their banking and building sector buddies. Celebrity culture and reality TV have just been extra veils over the sheeple's eyes to stop them seeing the truth.

Edited by Dave Spart

Whilw we're on the topic of appropriate sponsors, why shouldn't a civil service dept sponsor TV programmes? After all, there's a b****y great big banner for the ahuja property group on the top of the forums page.

This is a guy extolling the virtues of BTL and pricing out FTBs. Is it appropriate to accept advertising revenue form this guy on a site called HPC?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Whilw we're on the topic of appropriate sponsors, why shouldn't a civil service dept sponsor TV programmes? After all, there's a b****y great big banner for the ahuja property group on the top of the forums page.

This is a guy extolling the virtues of BTL and pricing out FTBs. Is it appropriate to accept advertising revenue form this guy on a site called HPC?

Close everything down. We're all corrupt.

It would be very interesting to know the click thru stats.

Second thought, if he is on a click thru deal then if every hpc person clicked on it his advertising bill would bankrupt him quicker than his BTL empire.

Well I did, to check if it wasn't a spoof page or link to a news page announcing his bankruptcy. It's real. :angry:

True, but at the end of the day, it wont be doing him any good advertising on here as everyone would just thinks its ironic, and it costs him cash, shame.

nothing on the BBC web site about it.

that's been fixed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7539756.stm

Watchdog 'to probe PCSO series'

A government-funded documentary about police community support officers is to be probed by media watchdog Ofcom, the Sunday Telegraph has reported.

ITV1 show Beat: Life on the Street may have breached broadcasting codes by not making it clear it received £800,000 in Home Office funding, the paper said.

Ofcom rules say show sponsors must be clearly identified and not allowed to influence the content of programmes.

A Home Office spokesman said he was confident Ofcom rules were followed.

Edited by daiking

After all, there's a b****y great big banner for the ahuja property group on the top of the forums page.

I never see those ads.

Firefox + Ad Blocker. If you can use this on your particular computer set-up, I heartily recommend it.

A lot of those police documentaries are propaganda in my opinion. They always show the police in a good light and

that the are extremely effective in fighting crime. The perception is more important than reality.

Same as the documentaries on bailiffs and that one on benefit fraud. Always frame things in the way they want the public to think. They are the good guys and the poor cow losing her benefits is the villain.

Guest happy?
In what way is this news?

Was it really just mere coincidence that property shows like "Location, Location, Location" swamped the broadcasting schedule and that credit became cheaply available to the masses just after NuLabour came to power? Of course it wasn't. They took control of the airwaves to assist in manufacturing the property boom on behalf of their banking and building sector buddies. Celebrity culture and reality TV have just been extra veils over the sheeple's eyes to stop them seeing the truth.

Haven't you noticed how ALL the government conspiracy websites are owned by the government. They use holding companies but they're ALL owned by the government.

A lot of those police documentaries are propaganda in my opinion. They always show the police in a good light and

that the are extremely effective in fighting crime. The perception is more important than reality.

Same as the documentaries on bailiffs and that one on benefit fraud. Always frame things in the way they want the public to think. They are the good guys and the poor cow losing her benefits is the villain.

The other day, on one of the rare occasions I turn on the TV, I was astounded to see not one, not two but three fly-on-the-wall police documentaries airing within the same time frame, now if this isnt a blatant act of propaganda perpetuated by the government I don't know what is.

It reminded me of the TV content in Starship Troopers, such blatant Goebbel-esque propaganda and so very wrong. :ph34r::lol: