House Price Crash Forum

Iran Vows No Nuclear Retreat

lufc

HOLA441

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/id...H26681020080802

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran will not retreat "one iota" from its nuclear rights, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday, the day of an informal deadline set by Western officials in a row over Tehran's atomic ambitions.

Ahmadinejad made the remark in a statement posted on the presidential website after talks in Tehran with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"In whichever negotiation we take part ... it is unequivocally with the view to the realisation of Iran's nuclear right, and the Iranian nation would not retreat one iota from its rights," Ahmadinejad's statement said.

It said Assad said that based on international agreements every country, including Iran, has the right to engage in uranium enrichment and possess nuclear power stations.

The West accuses Iran of seeking to build nuclear warheads under cover of a civilian power programme. Iran, the world's fourth-largest oil producer, denies the charge.

Western powers gave Iran two weeks from July 19 to respond to their offer to hold off from imposing more U.N. sanctions on Iran if Tehran froze any expansion of its nuclear work, to get preliminary talks started between the two sides.

That would suggest a deadline of Saturday but Iran, which has repeatedly ruled out curbing its nuclear programme, has dismissed the idea of having two weeks to reply.

Tick Tock Tick Tock. :(:(

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/id...H26681020080802

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran will not retreat "one iota" from its nuclear rights, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday, the day of an informal deadline set by Western officials in a row over Tehran's atomic ambitions.

Ahmadinejad made the remark in a statement posted on the presidential website after talks in Tehran with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Tick Tock Tick Tock. :(:(

Oh Iran, I can hear them now 'kill the west, kill the west'. They'd bomb us all, steal our oil, rape our women and enslave us.....just like we're doing to the evil Iraqis....oh, hang on.

How dare they want a couple of nuclear missiles when Bush has his finger on thousands of nuclear missiles.

We can trust the west, and Bush.

Evil Iran, oh, lets get them all.

Boom boom

HOLA443

Suspect we are into days (if not hours) before "you know who" attempts a pre-emptive strike against the nuclear threat!

And bet your ****, although UK doesn't want to open up a 3rd front, every assistance be it legistics or intel based will be put at thier disposal.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Suspect we are into days (if not hours) before "you know who" attempts a pre-emptive strike against the nuclear threat!

And bet your ****, although UK doesn't want to open up a 3rd front, every assistance be it legistics or intel based will be put at thier disposal.

I'm not sure at what point the UK became part of the USA but I agree completely. If the USA join Israel in this then you can bet we have some involvement and once again the UK becomes another target for terror. I think the recent extradition of the computer hacker who hacked into the pentagon is a classic example of the one way relationship between UK and USA.

If we do open up another front then a victory in both Iraq and Afganistan is doomed. Our relationship with the United States is very worrying indeed. I can remember the Falklands conflict and what little help we received from the Americans and here we are putting our future at risk for America.

I don't agree with Israel having nuclear weapons as I don't agree that we should have them, the term MAD is truly mad and I simply can't believe in the argument that mutual destruction can mean peace. We really do need to start living in peace and turning our energy into saving the planet rather than killing each other.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I'm glad this isn't the main discussion forum on house prices in Tehran - now that really would be a bear's paradise!

Wrong....

I have several properties there and am currently setting up the latest series of LLL....pretty sure Krusty and Phil will be over to entice some new FTB's and BTLr's who cannot get pwoperties in the UK to invest in my new glass houses with glass roads and glass outlooks all courtesy from our friends over the pond ;)

HOLA449
Oh Iran, I can hear them now 'kill the west, kill the west'. They'd bomb us all, steal our oil, rape our women and enslave us.....just like we're doing to the evil Iraqis....oh, hang on.

How dare they want a couple of nuclear missiles when Bush has his finger on thousands of nuclear missiles.

We can trust the west, and Bush.

Evil Iran, oh, lets get them all.

Boom boom

I'm not saying who is in the right or the wrong, America has been an economic and military bully for far too long now.

What I am saying though is once this situation starts to deteriorate it will have long and far reaching consequences.

HOLA4410

And bet your ****, although UK doesn't want to open up a 3rd front, every assistance be it legistics or intel based will be put at their disposal.

A third front in Iran is most unlikely.

Unlike most mountainous countries where the cities are located along coastal plains, in Iran, the people are dispersed through the mountains. Iran unlike Afghanistan has an effective central government with a sophisticated military and intelligence service (by local standards).

The US is politically weak, without the backbone required of a mountain campaign and the casualty rates that would ensue.

Iran is unconquerable by the current US military and Ahmadinejad knows it.

HOLA4411
I'm not sure at what point the UK became part of the USA but I agree completely. If the USA join Israel in this then you can bet we have some involvement and once again the UK becomes another target for terror. I think the recent extradition of the computer hacker who hacked into the pentagon is a classic example of the one way relationship between UK and USA.

If we do open up another front then a victory in both Iraq and Afganistan is doomed. Our relationship with the United States is very worrying indeed. I can remember the Falklands conflict and what little help we received from the Americans and here we are putting our future at risk for America.

I don't agree with Israel having nuclear weapons as I don't agree that we should have them, the term MAD is truly mad and I simply can't believe in the argument that mutual destruction can mean peace. We really do need to start living in peace and turning our energy into saving the planet rather than killing each other.

I'm sure that they'll be people who say that the people who control banking in the UK and the US are the same, and are also the people responsible for the creation of the state of Israel.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

A third front in Iran is most unlikely.

I totally disagree.This IS going to happen,and it's going to get nasty.

Iran is only one of the problems,syria will also join in.

The EU will stir up as much trouble as possible to bankrupt the US/UK,and take over financial hegemony.

Don't be at all surprised if a front opens up in the balkans too,rather too close for russia to ignore....and it's this one that will probably set the US and russia at loggerheads,the results of which will not be at all pretty.

Have you spotted the predictive programming scripts in TV shows like jericho,24 and the movies that are coming out?

......they are preparing you for something.

Let me tell you what is going to happen to the USA by suggesting a film to watch:

Look for: THE HANDMAID'S TALE.

If yo've seen the footage of the FEMA camps it'll start to make sense.

HOLA4416
Do any of you read aircraft magazines.

Do a google search on the "F-15 grounded"

you will have hundreds to chose from, here is one of them, to show you the gist.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...1,6807945.story

Is it the perfect cover to act weak and wounded and lure the enemy into a false sense of security, or

if something were to happen, "look, it wasn't us guv, all our planes are grounded".

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

who cares ?

We should do,war is a pretty horrid affair.

If your family were simple folk living in tehran,just wanting to have a simple life,go to work and feed your family,watch a bit of telly and go out for a meal with your mates once in a while......suddenly finding yourself on the receiving end of a nuclear holocaust....because of some crackpot politician and his stupid brovado....wouldn't you be a bit worried?

don't say it couldn't happen here,because it could.

we've had life very cushy here for ages,but we should NEVER take that for granted.

as the saying goes,what goes around comes around.

We've beaten up nations and domineered them for centuries.......if we aren't careful we will get payback.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
a nuke is one of the most effective and cheap ways to stop outsiders interfering with you

That is fine if they have one. If so, why dont they detonate one and prove it - who would dare attack them then? Instead they use words and have the whole world thinking that they probably dont have a bomb yet but are working on it - which is like sticking a big sign on them stating "attack us before it is too late".

HOLA4422
That is fine if they have one. If so, why dont they detonate one and prove it - who would dare attack them then? Instead they use words and have the whole world thinking that they probably dont have a bomb yet but are working on it - which is like sticking a big sign on them stating "attack us before it is too late".

There are lots of other countries that don't have the bomb. Should we attack them? Or do you mean it will be too late to get the oil once they have the bomb?

HOLA4423
looks really exciting on the bbc documentaries. commando. dudettes on the front line.

or itvs cripes paras.

Yeah, and you get to meet that fat Mitchell brother off Eastenders. He loves dressing up like a soldier.

HOLA4424
There are lots of other countries that don't have the bomb. Should we attack them? Or do you mean it will be too late to get the oil once they have the bomb?

OK - I am not sure where your assumptions came from! :P

Why would we attack other countries? Are they threatening us? Are they threatening us and making us believe they have or might not be far from the ability to nuke us?

My point was that a nuke is a great deterrent. However without demonstrating the ability, they have merely made themselves that much more of a target. I am not talking about the politics or reasons, I am talking about the facts. Since Iran have increased their nuclear 'spin', the talk about 'war with iran' has increased accordingly.

HOLA4425

Archived