House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bankside

Renterbob

I don't know, but the fact that every thread in this sub-forum is getting hijacked with a "lets encourage renters to screw over their landlords regardless of the negative consequences to the renters" agenda is really unhelpful.

The only good advice to renters is that which relates to reality - to how a judge would apply the law. NOT some bizarre parallel universe where renters can defy the laws of gravity and don capes and masks and fly through the air.

I don't know, but the fact that every thread in this sub-forum is getting hijacked with a "lets encourage renters to screw over their landlords regardless of the negative consequences to the renters" agenda is really unhelpful.

The only good advice to renters is that which relates to reality - to how a judge would apply the law. NOT some bizarre parallel universe where renters can defy the laws of gravity and don capes and masks and fly through the air.

I am simply asking what rights renters would have if they too fell on hard times.

We have seen Landlords getting repo'd and the renters are kicked to the kerb..though this can take many months. Renters who know their LL is in arrears could pre-empt this, and stop all payments to the LL, as the LL has stopped paying the bank. The LL will get repo'd anyway, and the renter saves money. The broke LL cannot pursue the tenant as they are skint, the tenant moves amnd the process begins again.

That's all I am asking?

No need to for all the EA/LL/LA to get all huffy about it.

Good morning by the way :rolleyes:

I am simply asking what rights renters would have if they too fell on hard times.

Go to the jobcenter much like a home owner would, take some responsibility for themselves and get themselves out of hard times.

Before you slate me for that, I was made redundant in the summer 2002 from a £100k+ job and mucked in with the harvest driving tractors and combines to make ends meet. It took me five months to get a new job but as a family we never borrowed a penny as we had savings, you and only you are responsible for your life and taking somebody else down with you is plain immoral.

Edited by Matt Henson

Go to the jobcenter much like a home owner would, take some responsibility for themselves and get themselves out of hard times.

Before you slate me for that, I was made redundant in the summer 2002 from a £100k+ job and mucked in with the harvest driving tractors and combines to make ends meet. It took me five months to get a new job but as a family we never borrowed a penny as we had savings, you and only you are responsible for your life and taking somebody else down with you is plain immoral.

If a LL goes down, they take the renters with them.

You LL don't mind that though, as renters are clearly subhuman in your books.

When the shoe's on the other foot, all the LL do is whinge, whinge, whinge.

I am simply asking if renters should be a bit more savvy and preempt a LL taking them down by taking responsible action and stopping rental payments before the LL gets repo'd and the renters get kicked out of their home through no fault of their own.

If a LL goes down, they take the renters with them.

You LL don't mind that though, as renters are clearly subhuman in your books.

When the shoe's on the other foot, all the LL do is whinge, whinge, whinge.

I am simply asking if renters should be a bit more savvy and preempt a LL taking them down by taking responsible action and stopping rental payments before the LL gets repo'd and the renters get kicked out of their home through no fault of their own.

But they don't take the renter down, the bank orders you leave and you go and rent somewhere else provided you have a good reference etc. you get reasonable notice, if you are really short of cash apply for social housing.

If you get a roof over your head you pay for it who ever owns it, LL or bank if you are a OO. Tenants are not scum they are people who have done a deal with their LL and of course LL's whinge if the tenants don't pay, they have costs to pay again that property and are let down.

As I have said before you seem to presume most LL's are on the brink of collapse, why do you beleive this, where is the proof? perhaps if don't pay rent you will indeed take them down, but then you have the hassle that goes with that not least a bad credit rating

But they don't take the renter down, the bank orders you leave and you go and rent somewhere else provided you have a good reference etc. you get reasonable notice, if you are really short of cash apply for social housing.

If you get a roof over your head you pay for it who ever owns it, LL or bank if you are a OO. Tenants are not scum they are people who have done a deal with their LL and of course LL's whinge if the tenants don't pay, they have costs to pay again that property and are let down.

As I have said before you seem to presume most LL's are on the brink of collapse, why do you beleive this, where is the proof? perhaps if don't pay rent you will indeed take them down, but then you have the hassle that goes with that not least a bad credit rating

Matt you demonstrate, with eloquent certainty, the disdain LL like yourself have for renters rights, and the chance of a decent, peaceful life for renters.

You say the renter can just move....oh, OK sir, we will move whenever a LL has trouble...er NO! This attitude, in my opinion, stinks. Absolutely stinks. Renters have rights, and you think you can just tell them to get out whenever you wish...this disgusts me and is reason enough to suggest BTL/LL should be banned from owning property. This costs renters alot of money and stress, why should we be stressed because of a dscummy ll who can't pay bills?

I say we renters should pre-empt this and stop payments, and after 6 months free rent, then we move. The shoe is well and truly on the other foot.

Matt, people who are skint with little belongings don't care about a bad credit rating, and if that is your stick, well, the more renters will stop payments IMO.

Apply for social housing.. :lol: there is no social housing Matt...it has been sold off....

Does anyone know?

If he's anything like me, its probably because he rents a lovely place for peanuts, rather than having bought an overpriced s**thole. :lol:

If he's anything like me, its probably because he rents a lovely place for peanuts, rather than having bought an overpriced s**thole. :lol:

And is not a BTL wannabee 'LandLord'

:lol::lol::lol:

I have to say that having previously formed the view that renterbob was perhaps slightly deranged, the posts against him here have made him seem like a voice of reason.

And is not a BTL wannabee 'LandLord'

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey renterbob if one of my tenets misses a rent payment I prefer the Gandi mathod of removing them. It's basically a legal non violant mathod which works everytime. This is how it goes.

1) Renter misses rent payment and refuses to co-operate with me.

2) I give my friend a leese to the place and sign it so now my friend is legally intitled to live there.

3) When the renter is out my friend moves in with a few of his friends some time as many as 10. (takes a few pics of the place which may be needed for legal reasons later.

4) Renter comes home to find 11 people in the place. Eating his food and sleeping in his bed. Kicks up a stink and phones the police.

5) Police come around and don't know what to do. Everyone has a leese they call me I tell them my mate is the legal tenent. Nothing police can do!

6)After a couple of minutes renter rings me and offers to pay the rent. I laugh at them and tell them to leave (Laugh in a sinister way)

7) Tenent leaves trys to break a few things my mate stops him.

Best of all this is all legal :)

If tenents want property rights tell them to buy there own place simple as that!

Hey renterbob if one of my tenets misses a rent payment I prefer the Gandi mathod of removing them. It's basically a legal non violant mathod which works everytime. This is how it goes.

2) I give my friend a leese to the place and sign it so now my friend is legally intitled to live there.

3) When the renter is out my friend moves in with a few of his friends some time as many as 10. (takes a few pics of the place which may be needed for legal reasons later.

4) Renter comes home to find 11 people in the place. Eating his food and sleeping in his bed. Kicks up a stink and phones the police.

5) Police come around and don't know what to do. Everyone has a leese they call me I tell them my mate is the legal tenent. Nothing police can do!

6)After a couple of minutes renter rings me and offers to pay the rent. I laugh at them and tell them to leave (Laugh in a sinister way)

If tenents want property rights tell them to buy there own place simple as that!

There is a legal process you know, unpaid rent is part of the risk a landlord takes on when they agree to let. And you may have noticed that property prices are somewhat outrageous thanks to speculative BTL purchases, so how would they buy their own place in the current market?

I'd advise your tenants to change the locks when they move in, especially if they had plans to not pay the rent at any point in the future.

Nice wind up, would have been more convincing if you could spell tenant though.

There is a legal process you know, unpaid rent is part of the risk a landlord takes on when they agree to let. And you may have noticed that property prices are somewhat outrageous thanks to speculative BTL purchases, so how would they buy their own place in the current market?

I'd advise your tenants to change the locks when they move in, especially if they had plans to not pay the rent at any point in the future.

YES. And get a big ferocious dog.

Nice wind up, would have been more convincing if you could spell tenant though.

I know mate couldn't resist.

But i did want to show renter bob that if he behaved like an k**b so would his landlord.

In the 2 years I have been a BTL landlord I have never had anyone miss a rent payment.

But i did want to show renter bob that if he behaved like an k**b so would his landlord.

In the 2 years I have been a BTL landlord I have never had anyone miss a rent payment.

I think behaving like a kn*b is renterbob's raison d'etre (at least on this forum). Best not let him get to you I say.

Most renters view their LL/LA as k**bs, and believe me, soon you'll have your first, then second...etc etc.

It's called a financial meltdown.

But look on the brightside...you'll no longer be a BTLer...you'll be a repo.

:lol:

Hey Bob, don't you think your new picture portrays you as violent individual.... is that intentional?

If you look carefully Matt, it is NOT me saying hello to you, it is a gentleman of the water, trying his damned best to start his speedboat.