House Price Crash Forum

Potential 50% Drops Liverpool

lid

HOLA441
HOLA442

Hunts Cross village my *rse!

It's in Speke according to the detail, another one of those lies that pretends that a dodgy area, renamed to something relating to a nice nearby area, is somehow worth more.

Council housing area, pretty dodgy, no-where near town, right by the airport and big industrial estates etc. may well be worth sub-40k or less given a year or two.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
The neighbours are already making a loss, 25 was bought for :-

2006-08-31 25 Shadowbrook Drive, Liverpool, Merseyside, L24 9LD £182,995

On for £167,500 :blink:

More evidence of the stupid world we've been inhabiting for far too long. These supped up areas of Northern towns are going to take a pounding over the next 18months.

HOLA446
Council housing area, pretty dodgy, no-where near town, right by the airport and big industrial estates etc. may well be worth sub-40k or less given a year or two.

Next to airport, so it is good for someone commute everyday by air then.

HOLA447
Next to airport, so it is good for someone commute everyday by air then.

not quite as glamorous as the Dordogne, I hazard. Have you ever been there (Speke, that is, not the Dourdogne)

edit: typo

Edited by Si1

HOLA448

FWIW heres the auction catalogue for the Barnard Marcus auction on 19/08/08

http://www.barnardmarcusauctions.co.uk/ catalogue http://www.eigroup.co.uk/ImageLib/LotPhoto...9/Catalogue.pdf

See lots 145, 146, 147

And if that wasn't enough bear food, Lots 84 and 85 are 109 and 119 Hansby Drive

HOLA449

We went to see what was happening at another bellway development down the road from this and the salewoman did mention about a development they had in hunts cross thatd bellway had completely mothballed because some repos were coming back with valuations massively under what the new ones were being marketed at... must be this. Thanks for that. So instead of reducing prices theyll just stop building completely. She was also kind enough to tell us she was struggling on her basic as she had committed on a lot of repayments that were dependent on her commission, very telling. Oh but also we should reserve soon otherwise we'd miss out... haha

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
109 Hansby Drive just went for £91,500 at auction

Nice 53% off from peak

The cascade road ones went for £89k or thereabouts. I learnt to drive round Edwards Lane and it was a horrible place. Agree with Si1 - even £89k is too much - think £50k - £60k.

HOLA4414

I believe the land was contaminated for many years before they could finally build on it.

And then you have the lovely Eli Lilly pharmaceutical plant just opposite with its wonderful night time odours.

Why would you not want to live there??

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
The cascade road ones went for £89k or thereabouts. I learnt to drive round Edwards Lane and it was a horrible place. Agree with Si1 - even £89k is too much - think £50k - £60k.

and I was just going on memory from when I grew up up the road from there (in a nicer area) 15 to 20 odd years ago, and a few times I've driven thru on the way to see ma and pa. Places don't change THAT much!

HOLA4417
and I was just going on memory from when I grew up up the road from there (in a nicer area) 15 to 20 odd years ago, and a few times I've driven thru on the way to see ma and pa. Places don't change THAT much!

It was 23 years ago when I started to learn to drive in Liverpool and 11 years ago when I finished in Manchester (don't ask.....)

Edit to say I should own BSM after the number of driving lessons I had with them; or at least 3 metros and a couple of corsas

Edited by bagsos

HOLA4418
It was 23 years ago when I started to learn to drive in Liverpool and 11 years ago when I finished in Manchester (don't ask.....)

Edit to say I should own BSM after the number of driving lessons I had with them; or at least 3 metros and a couple of corsas

so technically it could have got really nice there since...except I have driven thru in the last year and doesn't look it