House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Spart

Carol Vorderman Rapped Over Tv Ads

Not been a good week for Carol, has it? First leaving Countdown now this:

Linky

Of course, missing her Countdown salary, she might now want to think about applying for a liar loan instead of flogging them. :lol:

She is well-known for having a kind of expertise and this is transferred in the mind of the consumer.

How many of those consumers know that she only got a "Douglas" at uni.

A thought on Carol and Countdown.

The years to come are going to feature a lot of very angry, indebted people looking (rightly or wrongly) for someone to blame for their plight.

A broadcaster might just feel that a bit of distancing earlier rather than later might be a wise move....

A thought on Carol and Countdown.

The years to come are going to feature a lot of very angry, indebted people looking (rightly or wrongly) for someone to blame for their plight.

A broadcaster might just feel that a bit of distancing earlier rather than later might be a wise move....

Very astute observation, juvenal.

They should look to themselves.

Looks like Carol's become wrapped up in the you can't lose with property myth.

http://www.carolvordermanoverseashomes.co.uk/

She sold her former family home, a £1.5m house in Maidenhead, in 2003. "Property has done nothing but increase over the years, other than a few trip-ups along the way, so it's been a damn good investment" she says.

"I have always stretched myself to buy the most I could afford, because I always believed prices would continue to go up. And I had a conviction I would always be able, somehow or other, to pay off a mortgage.

"But I would never gamble on stocks and shares because you can lose in a big way. I've dabbled a bit but I got caught out in the dotcom bust.

"Now the only stock market investments I have are through my pension savings."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2005/oct/22/moneysupplement3

Not been a good week for Carol, has it? First leaving Countdown now this:

Linky

Those ads were the first thing that came into my mind when I heard about her losing her Countdown job.

Karma?

I really do not understand why the Vordermilf would sully her previously good name by pimping for a bunch of loan sharks.

Its nearly as bad as that Esther Rantzen woman exploiting her credentials as a consumer champion and flogging the services of ambulance chasers under the guise of it being a public service - now that really was sick!

I remember when she used to be vaguely attractive, in an Earth Mother kind of way, but my God she`s put on weight lately. Even black stockings can`t compensate for fat, Carol. And here`s a message to the women of England, can you please stop wearing grubby jeans, ugh!

Tragic, I make a spelling mistake and Lynne Truss's attack hounds come after you.

It's more than a spelling mistake because it indicates confusion about the meaning and spelling of two very commonly used words. It's tragic that we live in a society where people are becoming so dumbed down that they don't know the difference between losing something and something being too loose.

Guest absolutezero
It's more than a spelling mistake because it indicates confusion about the meaning and spelling of two very commonly used words. It's tragic that we live in a society where people are becoming so dumbed down that they don't know the difference between losing something and something being too loose.

And all this after 11 years of compulsory schooling.

Makes my blood boil.

(And this is a teacher saying this!)

It's more than a spelling mistake because it indicates confusion about the meaning and spelling of two very commonly used words.

It's a fairly frequent mistake on forums, along with their/there (or even they're) being muddled up.

Still I think the overall standard of English on HPC is very high, at least we don't get posts consisting of text speak.

It's a fairly frequent mistake on forums, along with their/there (or even they're) being muddled up.

Still I think the overall standard of English on HPC is very high, at least we don't get posts consisting of text speak.

I agree - it's everywhere. The reason I get agitated about it is that HPC used to be a little island, almost completely free of these new idiocies (such as the lose/loose error), but in the last 6 months there has been a noticeable deterioration. I feel duty bound to point it out when I see it.

Plus, I'm a pedant :lol:

Maybe if you feel strongly about it a quiet pm would be more appropriate, rather than possibly embarrassing someone in public?

Im sure if he needs a spelling lesson, he will look in the small ads for a private tutor.