House Price Crash Forum
Jonnybegood

Poles Heading Home

It seems that the promise of a better life here in the UK (Wales) is short lived for many poles and other Europeans.

Like anything there will be a number of ways to look at this, yes some companies will suffer due to lack of low waged employees, then it will open the doors for local people to get employment, allow better wage negotiations.

With many poles working on building sites heading home what is the future for the governments targets for new homes, will it mean that within a few years the balance of property will mean prices remaining firm due to lack of supply, the last decade has seen massive small home build, flats, link homes , townhouses what happens when the family outgrows these places.

BTL - Many rely on poles and other Europeans, with them leaving will it mean an overall fall in rental prices or just that they do not increase, from experience many BTL were either low end or in poor condition and well below what most citizens here would be prepared to live in for £350pm.

So will it really have an effect on good quality higher end rental property.

Heres the article

http://thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayNode....tentPK=21208238

'NO HUMAN SHOULD WITNESS THE STATES WE WORKED IN'
t Was supposed to be the start of a prosperous new life . . .Two Polish brothers arrived in Llanelli dreaming of a fresh start with hopes of making enough money to support their families left behind.

But a year on, instead of filling their pockets with gold, they have met heartache and despair.

And now Mariusz, aged 30, and Tomasz Stepien, aged 29, have made the agonising decision to pack their bags and return home.

Sadly the work ran out last month, and with no prospect of new employment amid the credit crunch, the brothers finally admitted defeat and climbed aboard a bus for a 36-hour journey home yesterday.

Before leaving, Tomasz said: "We are out of work, and to be honest, salaries back home are pretty much the same as over here now the pound has fallen.

"There's very little advantage to being over here now, so we're going home.

"I think more Poles will be returning home because of the state of the pound. Most of them are on the minimum wage and have two homes to maintain, their lodgings in Wales and family home back in Poland."

No more building work, no more Poles - basically sums it up.

Pity really, they are a nice bunch.

Interesting that they consider the pound to have weakened rather than the Zloty to have strengthened.

When compared to a basket it seems to be the other way around.. maybe just sour grapes.

My new "local" used to have a strong contingent of Poles working behind t'bar. Went there the other night for some overpriced and soggy fish and chips and we waited 1 hour and 15 minutes to be served--and the place was nowhere near packed. I think the Poles have gone and service along with them. Its my last visit to that pub. In fact, I might add to the doom and gloom and boycott pubs for awhile just like I have been boycotting buying hoses!

My new "local" used to have a strong contingent of Poles working behind t'bar. Went there the other night for some overpriced and soggy fish and chips and we waited 1 hour and 15 minutes to be served--and the place was nowhere near packed. I think the Poles have gone and service along with them. Its my last visit to that pub. In fact, I might add to the doom and gloom and boycott pubs for awhile just like I have been boycotting buying hoses!

pintpricecrash.co.uk?

In fact, I might add to the doom and gloom and boycott pubs for awhile just like I have been boycotting buying hoses!

Yes I'm boycotting hoses too this summer. No need for them in this rain... :lol:

With many poles working on building sites heading home what is the future for the governments targets for new homes, will it mean that within a few years the balance of property will mean prices remaining firm due to lack of supply, the last decade has seen massive small home build, flats, link homes , townhouses what happens when the family outgrows these places.

Heres the article

http://thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayNode....tentPK=21208238

What will happen is that people who have bought them will not be having more than one child, the first one will come along, things will be ok, not great. When planning the 2nd they will try to sell, when that doesn't happen either baby number 2 will be stuffed into the first childs room or it just won't happen, either way not such a bad thing.

We had as many children as we had bedrooms for, that is quite normal.

Edited by Girly girl

In fact, I might add to the doom and gloom and boycott pubs for awhile just like I have been boycotting buying hoses!

i have been avoiding them due to the smoking ban.

im not standing at the door like a 2nd class citizen.

ive tried it a few times, but it really annoys me they didnt allow an interior smoking room.

so i wont go no more. who would want to be pushed around like that, stood in the cold.

That's unusual, normally within the first few postings after the fortnightly "Poles are going home" threads are launched, some of the far right on here issues the first (of many) "I will miss them they are much nicer and more like us whiteys physically and culturally than those awful blacks/muslims/eskimos/other...."

Come on neo-nazis, are you taking your summer hols, wherever it is you people go? Or is it that you are a little more shy, now this forum has gone national mainstream?

That's unusual, normally within the first few postings after the fortnightly "Poles are going home" threads are launched, some of the far right on here issues the first (of many) "I will miss them they are much nicer and more like us whiteys physically and culturally than those awful blacks/muslims/eskimos/other...."

Come on neo-nazis, are you taking your summer hols, wherever it is you people go? Or is it that you are a little more shy, now this forum has gone national mainstream?

Enjoy the harmony.. you're being far too xenophobaphobic :P

People are to worried about the economic collapse to waste time on such "luxuries" even my cousin who only reads the daily mirror and only shops at next mention the economy is about to crash big time.

.... another subject is now centre stage.

(normally he says i am a cheap skate for buying my clothes at a supermarket.)

Edited by goldman

As you say, they're probably all on their summer hols in places full of, er, foreigners. Some of the less chavvy ones might even be headed your way - better man the barricades I think.

A well known bar in west london can't find anyone, landlord had no chioce but to offer more wages, most of his workers were from eastern europe. LL says he no longer gets eastern works applying for the jobs and he past non brit workers are all going home.

What will happen is that people who have bought them will not be having more than one child, the first one will come along, things will be ok, not great. When planning the 2nd they will try to sell, when that doesn't happen either baby number 2 will be stuffed into the first childs room or it just won't happen, either way not such a bad thing.

We had as many children as we had bedrooms for, that is quite normal.

Well normal for you girly girl. Either concieved during the 80s or coming from a relatively wealthy background, because normal used to be 2 kids to a bedroom of the same sex (from about 1950-1980). Before that it was sharing beds top to toe for a lot. And before that normal was rich kids a room to a kid and poor kids worked in the mines.

A well known bar in west london can't find anyone, landlord had no chioce but to offer more wages, most of his workers were from eastern europe. LL says he no longer gets eastern works applying for the jobs and he past non brit workers are all going home.

Finally. And the government not enforcing minimum wages, and setting up a range of other measures that make it impossible for them to be caught even when they are blatantly stealing from vulnerable people - its one thing to legislate, entirely another to ensure that the law is kept on all sides rather than just being their for people to trot out their credentials over. Just remember that cocklers incident in Wales where so many chinese illegal immigrants died. but they wouldn't have come here if the employers didn't know they could get away with treating them like a herd of slaves. It is about the government being too weak to deal with vile sociopathic dickensian british employers who are looking for the people they can rip-off with impunity (always target the weakest - and then complain about minimum wages and not being able to make ends meet in your big mansion while you encourage unskilled people to work off the books for below the minimum to avoid taxes - sorry but I have seen if first hand, and they are the biggest 'pity me' moaners as well. I wish they would all die of typhoid)

Finally. And the government not enforcing minimum wages, and setting up a range of other measures that make it impossible for them to be caught even when they are blatantly stealing from vulnerable people - its one thing to legislate, entirely another to ensure that the law is kept on all sides rather than just being their for people to trot out their credentials over. Just remember that cocklers incident in Wales where so many chinese illegal immigrants died. but they wouldn't have come here if the employers didn't know they could get away with treating them like a herd of slaves. It is about the government being too weak to deal with vile sociopathic dickensian british employers who are looking for the people they can rip-off with impunity (always target the weakest - and then complain about minimum wages and not being able to make ends meet in your big mansion while you encourage unskilled people to work off the books for below the minimum to avoid taxes - sorry but I have seen if first hand, and they are the biggest 'pity me' moaners as well. I wish they would all die of typhoid)

They died in Morcombe bay which is Lancashire not Wales. Neither where they here legally. They payed $$$ to come here on the promise of well payed work that would allow them to send money home. The criminals, called snake heads, that run this trade do not care about any laws. They put them to work in restaurants or anywhere they can make money outside the system. Thus it is not about minimum wages and Dickensian conditions so much as the government having the will to go after and catch these illegals. Of course British employers should be hit with large fines if they are found to be employing such people.

On average I'm seeing at least one Eastern European individual/family leaving to return back home each week. I can follow this as whoever is leaving comes to our Surgery requesting a printout of their medical records for themselves/family and we ask them the reason why.

They died in Morcombe bay which is Lancashire not Wales. Neither where they here legally. They payed $$$ to come here on the promise of well payed work that would allow them to send money home. The criminals, called snake heads, that run this trade do not care about any laws. They put them to work in restaurants or anywhere they can make money outside the system. Thus it is not about minimum wages and Dickensian conditions so much as the government having the will to go after and catch these illegals. Of course British employers should be hit with large fines if they are found to be employing such people.

Catch the people who are illegally here or the people that transport them here on mass? Is so easy to go for the soft target. I guess I have seen a case closer to home of a british employer encouraging unskilled people to work under the table, stealing from vulnerable people, and owning two massive properties as well as the holiday home on a sunny coast overseas and all the while moaning about personal poverty. It typifies for me the thatcher mentality (which said person openly cited as a justification for their horridness) of make money quick on the back of the poor. Everytime I think of this person I see a Preying Matis.