House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

The Kissin' Don't Last, But The Cookin' Does!

Will the current emphasis on saving money mean men will now be seeking a different type of partner?

Will the plainer girl who is a whiz in the kitchen, and a demon round the 'reduced' shelves - suddenly find she's in big demand?

Are Paris and Jordan yesterday's news?

Is the lady below the one who'll get the trouser snake a twitchin'?

As the song says....

- my Dad has the original, I used to love listening to it, although on "grown up" reflection, I wonder what my Mum thought to it all!

Still, the song holds true - and looking at the gents on other threads complaining that all their (undoubtedly pretty) girlfriends want to do is drink and shop, you might be onto something there Juvenal - in fact, I have to say, some of the (very) old boys down the allotment know a domestic goddess when they see one! (I'm definitely not an FHM High Street Honey, but I'm an allotment "honey" instead :lol: )

Still, the song holds true - and looking at the gents on other threads complaining that all their (undoubtedly pretty) girlfriends want to do is drink and shop, you might be onto something there Juvenal - in fact, I have to say, some of the (very) old boys down the allotment know a domestic goddess when they see one! (I'm definitely not an FHM High Street Honey, but I'm an allotment "honey" instead :lol: )

I've read that romances are blossoming in supermarket aisles, but I'm ill-informed on the allotment front.

More, please on the 'allotment honey'. How do we recognise her?

Is Charlie Dimmock relevant here?

What does the AH demand of her potential mate, and what does he have to offer to succeed with this new breed of woman?

As the song says....

I think this is rubbish. People are just people. In my experience I know plenty of less than attractive woman that are horrible as well. Looks don't prevent you being a good person.

I've read that romances are blossoming in supermarket aisles, but I'm ill-informed on the allotment front.

More, please on the 'allotment honey'. How do we recognise her?

Is Charlie Dimmock relevant here?

What does the AH demand of her potential mate, and what does he have to offer to succeed with this new breed of woman?

Jeans with muddy knees/sensible shoes (trainers or sandals etc)/naturally tanned from being outside enough, round this way, chances are they're on a bike (with a basket on the front/panniers on back to carry veg home) and there's a good chance they'll smile, and speak to you (as it's normal to wave or say hello to others on the allotment). I think Charlie Dimmock is fairly irrelevant here, although I can think of one that seems to be as "carefree" as Charlie! ;)

Round here, there are an increasing number of allotment ladies; there was an article in the paper last year - a lot of female students were getting allotments (several students will share 1 allotment - cheap veg, etc) and actually it seems to be the case - the old boys of the allotments are all getting on a bit and therefore "retiring" - (I should point out at this juncture that I'm a honey to a bunch of 70-80+yr olds.... and that's not difficult really! They're very sweet, and yesterday I was given a beautiful cabbage) so are literally a dying breed, :( taking their place are young females, who are into the grow your own thing, but probably don't have big enough gardens (certainly the case for me).

IMHO AHs are probably fairly independent souls (as evidenced by the self sufficiency food thing), and so will be with you because they want to be with you, not necessarily that you have anything specific to offer. However, if you enjoy burning things on bonfires, digging, using a strimmer, and other garden-related boys toys, then I'm guessing an allotment honey could be right up your street!

It's national allotments week 11-19 August - so there's probably something happening near you! In Norwich, later in the year one of the garden centres has a produce weekend where allotment holders can sell their excess veg, and you can chat to them about their plot and veg etc as you buy....

It should be noted however, that allotment ladies don't like seed that spreads - so no wild oats. ;)

Right. Bike, veg, tanned, cabbage under arm, anti-wild oats. Got it. I'm going to fire up my strimmer, light a bonfire, and see if it attracts an AH.

By the way, it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the more lightweight journalists ( journo's keep an eye on this site) doing a piece on the AH phenomenon, now you've brought it to light. My eyes, like my onions, are peeled.

With my second wife, I had learned my lesson, and did not choose her for her looks.

She is very supportive, can cook, and is good in bed.

Tip: I met her at church ... in a big city.

Cobra

I think this is rubbish. People are just people. In my experience I know plenty of less than attractive woman that are horrible as well. Looks don't prevent you being a good person.

Hmmm...whilst this is true, it is also true that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Edited to add: This holds for both sexes.

Edited by D'oh