House Price Crash Forum

How To Trigger A Local Crash

HOLA441

I was thinking through what we could do to help this crash along and I was wondering if this would work:

1) Go around the local letting agents (or rightmove) with all the houses to let, collecting postcodes and addresss (not so easy on rightmove)

2) Get the property deeds for each one of these houses, making a note of the mortgagor

3) Write to the mortgagor with a letter along the lines of "Dear Sir, I understand that you are the mortgagor of 43, Acacia Avenue. Please find enclosed the letting advert for this property. I do hope that this is a buy to let mortgage, but if it is not then this letter will make it rather difficult for you to claim otherwise".

Of course you could tweak this by concentrating on a certain type of house (say two bed detached houses) or look for tell tale signs that this is less likely to be a buy to let mortgage. It would also cost you £3 a pop for the mortgagee information, but it could get a number of forced sales four months down the line.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Nah I like the omega plan better,

Ie you get 200 mates to stand and queue outside a bank before it opens, as the branch is closed the line won't move, other people will see this line and ask whats going on , somebody will end up calling the BBC, a film crew will come at break neck speed and film it and on TV it looks like there is a run on a bank (another one) , people scoff at this and say dumb sheep I'm not scared.... while making plans to visit them bank themselves later on.......just in case (much like petrol shortage scares).

This causes queues at other banks, before the propaganda departments of any bank can react, and there will be bank spokesmen on TV saying there is nothing to worry about, Gordon Brown appears on TV and says there is nothing to worry about this bank is safe, which will cause a massive run on the bank a real one....

the banks go down, taking the government and the economy with it...

HOLA445
If you can identify the owner you might also want to blow the whistle to the taxman about their extra income.

I want to get a crash going by putting some properties on the market without affecting sitting tenants, the Inland Revenue could cause all sorts of problems with increased rents, etc.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Nah I like the omega plan better,

Ie you get 200 mates to stand and queue outside a bank before it opens, as the branch is closed the line won't move, other people will see this line and ask whats going on , somebody will end up calling the BBC, a film crew will come at break neck speed and film it and on TV it looks like there is a run on a bank (another one) , people scoff at this and say dumb sheep I'm not scared.... while making plans to visit them bank themselves later on.......just in case (much like petrol shortage scares).

This causes queues at other banks, before the propaganda departments of any bank can react, and there will be bank spokesmen on TV saying there is nothing to worry about, Gordon Brown appears on TV and says there is nothing to worry about this bank is safe, which will cause a massive run on the bank a real one....

the banks go down, taking the government and the economy with it...

So tell me again because I must be a bit thick . Why do we want to cause the complete disintegration of the UK economy ?

HOLA4411
So tell me again because I must be a bit thick . Why do we want to cause the complete disintegration of the UK economy ?

I did say in another thread that this has some nasty consequences (ie highly probable martial law shoot on sight etc) , but the OP wanted to add fuel to the flames of the crash.

If somebody carried out the omega plan there would be an almighty HPC, with as you have pointed out the disintergration of the UK economy as a side effect.

HOLA4412

because some posters on this forum are so bitter at their shortcomings and realise that this doomsday scenario is the only way they'll ever gain financial parity with their intellectual superiors.

HOLA4413
because some posters on this forum are so bitter at their shortcomings and realise that this doomsday scenario is the only way they'll ever gain financial parity with their intellectual superiors.

Financial parity? , short comings ?

I discovered a fair while ago that money isn't all that , sure I could well stay as an accountant for the next 20 years and make it to partner level and make 500K a year I could easily jump to a bigger firm and get 23K I could sit tight for another 9 months and jump into industry and get into the low 30s,

I could even go to Fred a fellow account who is about to retire and buy his client list cost me a big loan but I'd get it back within 2 years. And be making what he makes 175K. But I don't want to as my job is unfulfilling and makes me unhappy.

But as in my should I go back to work on Monday thread, I'm not that fussed about money anymore, that is not to say that it isn't important but I'd rather seek happiness and fulfilment than be forever chasing money.

Edited by kennichi

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Hold on , whats to say the country isn't doomed anyway? ,

As somebody probably on HPC said our economy is based entire only selling useless junk to each other we don't actually make anything.

With a couple trillion government debt 3-4 trillion private debt, soaring energy prices and the UK not making anything significant in terms of exports, and even knowledge based economy things being outsourced, who the UK isn't doomed anyway?.

In fact if this plan ever did work, it just shows the incredible weakness of the UK economy and the jitters of it.

Edited by kennichi

HOLA4417

Accuser. Name them. or shut it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Either that or someone may be about to lose their BTL "empire"

No such thing I've done plenty of accounts for BTL wannabees , only 2 out of about 32 (pretty easy accounts which can be done in a couple of hours and its the anti money laundering check lists that take time) actually make any money and they bought their houses at the trough of the last crash.

HOLA4421

At last, now I understand what Gordon B is doing.

Edited by Hired Goon

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
errr...the bloke on this thread who is suggesting ways to cause bank runs as a way of sending the economy down the tubes.

Bank runs are easy, now, name the man and accuse him publicly of what you said, ie he was a failure and the only way he could get ahead was by dragging the country down.

HOLA4424
errr...the bloke on this thread who is suggesting ways to cause bank runs as a way of sending the economy down the tubes.

Welcome to the forum

It's not all serious you know ;)

Edit to add: Too late, it's gonna be a troll shoot

Edited by libspero

HOLA4425