House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Waiting Patiently

Exposed: Gordon Browns Disastrous Reign As Chancellor

Browns grossly undeserved reputation for prudence is rapidly falling apart as his years of over-borrowing, taxing, and spending leave Britain dangerously exposed to the global economic downturn:

....The momentum he inherited was tremendous. But he just could not leave well alone. He borrowed like an 18th century rake suddenly coming into a fortune. He spent his tax revenue like water....
....Brown's legacy is that he had a golden inheritance and has left us with an over-regulated, over-taxed, over-borrowed and over-spent economy. And all this with the label of Prudence!

Those who accept this summary of Brown's period as Chancellor - and the facts are hard to dispute - are entitled to say that having done a bad job at No 11, it was not surprising he proved inept at No 10. Those jostling for his job now will, of course, say they pay him full credit for his success as Chancellor. Don't let them kid you!

Andrew Alexander-Daily Mail

these kinds of articles are 7 years too late.

written by the same people who will be writing in 7 years time that todays inflation figures were fudged.

pathetic really.

no wonder this place is going to hell in a handbasket.,

theres no one really in charge of anything.

if your a reporter on financial matters you report the problem NOW.

not in 7 years.

dick head papers for dumb ass sheeple.

Edited by right_freds_dead

written by the same people who will be writing in 7 years time that todays inflation figures were fudged.

pathetic really.

Have you tried prozac?

Have you tried prozac?

why write 'breaking financial news' seven years after the fact ?

its rubbish. trash print. drivel. worthless ramblings.

as for prozac. i think everyone else seems to be on some sort of prozac.

are you on some kind of drug too ?

Cheer up. At least it's an antidote to all the "most successful chancellor ever" propaganda that Labour have been pumping out.

Or should I say...

Worst... chancellor... ever!

comicguy.gif

why write 'breaking financial news' seven years after the fact ?

its rubbish. trash print. drivel. worthless ramblings.

as for prozac. i think everyone else seems to be on some sort of prozac.

are you on some kind of drug too ?

Who wrote anything about 'breaking financial news'? Have you been on the pop again? Perhaps your mate Kilroy-Silk can sort things out for us?

How are Veritas doing these days BTW? :lol::lol::lol:

Who wrote anything about 'breaking financial news'? Have you been on the pop again? Perhaps your mate Kilroy-Silk can sort things out for us?

How are Veritas doing these days BTW? :lol::lol::lol:

ooh. gasp !!!

help help -= ive been exposed by the self appointed and self believing hpc 'super slueth'

:o

ooh. gasp !!!

help help -= ive been exposed by the self appointed and self believing hpc 'super slueth'

:o

You exposed yourself as a terminally miserable, cynical old fart a long time ago. Perhaps you need to get out of Salford more?

You exposed yourself as a terminally miserable, cynical old fart a long time ago. Perhaps you need to get out of Salford more?

perhaps you need 'another' drink and to get at least 'some' of your facts right.

your making a fool out of yourself with your personal attacks, which are based on a wrong initial assumption.

stop being an idiot. your making yourself look like the things your snarlingly accusing me of.

i suspect you probably work for the daily mail. if you are, your too late. we know your crap based on the last 6 years of 'non reporting'

dont take it personally that all your btl portfolios going to bankrupt you all will you ?

now theres a sweet honey. go get that stiff drink pet.

after all, its friday afternoon isnt it. no one minds.

perhaps you need 'another' drink and to get at least 'some' of your facts right.

your making a fool out of yourself with your personal attacks, which are based on a wrong initial assumption.

stop being an idiot. your making yourself look like the things your snarlingly accusing me of.

i suspect you probably work for the daily mail. if you are, your too late. we know your crap based on the last 6 years of 'non reporting'

dont take it personally that all your btl portfolios going to bankrupt you all will you ?

now theres a sweet honey. go get that stiff drink pet.

after all, its friday afternoon isnt it. no one minds.

Looks like I hit home! It wasn't difficult, you're clearly a very sensitive little soul under that cynical, world weary shell. :lol:

I would disagree that he inherited a golden economy, there where severe structural problems in the UK that where an accident waiting to happen reliance on oil and eventual need to import energy, destruction of manufacturing base, over reliance on the financial sector for growth etc...

Short term Labour polices made this situation worse but the Tories after 18 years of rule hadn't bothered to address these issues and squandered billions on giving the middle classes and rich tax cuts instead of investing for the future.

So really we have a mess that's been 30 or 40 years in the making but hey that's not going to sell papers the sheeple as they've already forgotten what's happened. It's the here and now that counts, isn't it?

Go and sleep it off, soft lad ;)

arggh. (gasp) he got me again.....

(falls off dodge city saloon roof into horse trough clutching gun belt).

better still,

ha ha. i got away with it, patting briefcase of money in light plane.....

(baboom) long shot of cessna blowing up in mid air.

cut to WP hanging up his mobile and getting back into his cliff top road parked classic 1960 car.

with black gloves on.

arggh. (gasp) he got me again.....

(falls off dodge city saloon roof into horse trough clutching gun belt).

better still,

ha ha. i got away with it, patting briefcase of money in light plane.....

(baboom) long shot of cessna blowing up in mid air.

cut to WP hanging up his mobile and getting back into his cliff top road parked classic 1960 car.

with black gloves on.

:lol:

(Hope you don't mind RFD but I've knicked this bit of screenplay for a short film I'm writing)

:lol:

(Hope you don't mind RFD but I've knicked this bit of screenplay for a short film I'm writing)

no thats fine. is it about an angry man with an increasingly difficult to manage portfolio of debt ?

Edited by right_freds_dead

Browns grossly undeserved reputation for prudence is rapidly falling apart as his years of over-borrowing, taxing, and spending leave Britain dangerously exposed to the global economic downturn:

Andrew Alexander-Daily Mail

Until articles like this appear in the Guardian and so-called Independent the deluded Left will continue to believe their own bull$hit. BBC news is still peddling the notion that Britain's current economic woes have been caused by the US "sub-prime" issue and credit-crunch, as if reckless lending to risky borrowers or a hugely inflated housing market could never happen here. The BBC's pro-Labour stance is sickening, but understandable... they are institutionally PC.

no thats fine. is it about an angry man with an increasingly difficult to manage portfolio of debt ?

Yes. Only, in the movie he assassinates Gormless Brown. It's a short uplifting flick.

Edited by RajD

Is it a sequel to "Falling Down" called "Crashing Down"?

Or maybe a third Speed film, Speed III: Crash Cruise Speed in which Sandra Bullock has only a short time to offload her BTL properties before the economy slows down too much and blows up in her face.

Yes. Only, in the movie he assassinates Gormless Brown. It's a short uplifting flick.

I love a happy ending.

I would disagree that he inherited a golden economy, there where severe structural problems in the UK that where an accident waiting to happen reliance on oil and eventual need to import energy, destruction of manufacturing base, over reliance on the financial sector for growth etc...

Short term Labour polices made this situation worse but the Tories after 18 years of rule hadn't bothered to address these issues and squandered billions on giving the middle classes and rich tax cuts instead of investing for the future.

So really we have a mess that's been 30 or 40 years in the making but hey that's not going to sell papers the sheeple as they've already forgotten what's happened. It's the here and now that counts, isn't it?

Absolutely! Good post.

pathetic really.

not in 7 years.

And, somewhat amazingly in this case, dick head papers for dumb as sheeple... that are devoutly Tory and *still* didn't nail the one-eyed prat to the mast!

Note to the Daily Mail...

If you're going to target the dippier end of Tory voting Middle England, please remember to actually attack the Labour party properly next time they look like they're making a **** of it! There's more to life that getting the Home Counties worked up about 'darkies'* you know...

* Sorry for the horrendous racial epithet, but the Mail really is the home of the "Pollacks... how many babies *do* they eat a week?" headline. Their attitudes should have died out with town gas, and smallpox.

pathetic really.

not in 7 years.

Word-up brother Fred!

Daily Mail in "Labour not very good" shocker.

Yep, that's incontrovertible unbiased reportage there.

Although in all fairness they do rake Cameron over the coals as well.

Gordon`s 10 year of "prudence", was welcomed with open arms by a large number of the UK population. Just like the chancellor, the public borrowed and spent, everything seemed fine. The few of us that stood on the sidelines, wondered if an unhappy ending could be avoided. Well, the ending looks like it has arrived, and it isn`t very happy.

Gordon often used the word "prudence". I expect that many who got on the property bandwagon thought they were being "prudent". My idea of being financially prudent is to not take on much, or any debt. I don`t spend more than I earn, so I can save a reasonable amount, and I invest my savings in several different places. Now the economy seems to be stuggling, I`d say that my definition of "prudence" is better than the ex-chancellor`s.