House Price Crash Forum
Lander

Ll Is Becoming Increasingly Ar5ey

We have been good tenants, rent always paid on time for 4 yrs, have looked after the place like it was our own.

However she is moaning at the slightest thing now, i.e for not keeping the grass short enough last summer, and she's also been whining about me not ordering a replecement cooker knob that got broken, when we pointed out that it was her cooker, and was her responsibility to get the knob replaced she said if you don't like living there then hand in your notice :unsure:. She also sided up with our nuisance neighbours when we complained to the council about their dog barking all the time. It seems like she wants us out. I'm wondering if she is having financial difficulties, maybe the interest has shot up on the mortgage on the house we are renting from her and she is now having to subsidise us? I also remember her telling me that she has bought another BTL property around 18 months ago.

It seems that her attitude has changed since the start of the HPC. It's a nice house that we are renting from her at a very reasonable rate and we dont want to move :angry:

Edited by Lander

We have been good tenants, rent always paid on time for 4 yrs, have looked after the place like it was our own.

However she is moaning at the slightest thing now, i.e for not keeping the grass short enough last summer, and she's also been whining about me not ordering a replecement cooker knob that got broken, when we pointed out that it was her cooker, and was her responsibility to get the knob replaced she said if you don't like living there then hand in your notice :unsure:. She also sided up with our nuisance neighbours when we complained to the council about their dog barking all the time. It seems like she wants us out. I'm wondering if she is having financial difficulties, maybe the interest has shot up on the mortgage on the house we are renting from her and she is now having to subsidising us? I also remember her telling me that she has bought another BTL property around 18 months ago.

It seems that her attitude has changed since the start of the HPC. It's a nice house that we are renting from her at a very reasonable rate and we dont want to move :angry:

Maybe she's crossed a pyschological Rubicon, and now realises that, instead of you being the mugs who will subsidise her retirement, she's actually the mug that's subsidising your accomodation!

Do you mind me asking what approximate geographical location you are?

If you don't want to move then don't. Keep your end of things civil - if she is complaining about little things then don't give her anything more to complain about. If she is in financial difficulty then she needs you. Although, the flip side to this is that you need to know how much shit she is in ... the banks don't care about ASTs.

Maybe she's crossed a pyschological Rubicon, and now realises that, instead of you being the mugs who will subsidise her retirement, she's actually the mug that's subsidising your accomodation!

Could be, she bought the place we are renting now new around 10-12 yrs ago for £40k. We are currently renting for £420 pcm, although the rent is low, she must have still been making a tidy profit. But that was pre credit crunch. Perhaps she has had difficulty re mortgaging and has been forced onto a higher rate and is no longer making a profit?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

However she is moaning at the slightest thing now, i.e for not keeping the grass short enough last summer, and she's also been whining about me not ordering a replecement cooker knob that got broken, when we pointed out that it was her cooker, and was her responsibility to get the knob replaced she said if you don't like living there then hand in your notice :unsure:. She also sided up with our nuisance neighbours when we complained to the council about their dog barking all the time. It seems like she wants us out. I'm wondering if she is having financial difficulties, maybe the interest has shot up on the mortgage on the house we are renting from her and she is now having to subsidise us? I also remember her telling me that she has bought another BTL property around 18 months ago.

Slaughter her and her family. Cook them in the cooker and then go for next-door's dog.

Do you mind me asking what approximate geographical location you are?

If you don't want to move then don't. Keep your end of things civil - if she is complaining about little things then don't give her anything more to complain about. If she is in financial difficulty then she needs you. Although, the flip side to this is that you need to know how much shit she is in ... the banks don't care about ASTs.

Derbyshire. The thing is she could get £500pcm for this place, so the EA tells us anyway <_< , which kinda makes me wonder why we havent been booted out already. maybe it's because we're decent tennants and she knows in her own mind that we are hard to come by?

Edited by Lander

Could be, she bought the place we are renting now new around 10-12 yrs ago for £40k. We are currently renting for £420 pcm, although the rent is low, she must have still been making a tidy profit. But that was pre credit crunch. Perhaps she has had difficulty re mortgaging and has been forced onto a higher rate and is no longer making a profit?

Do you actually even know if she has a mortgage on the property?

Maybe she is doing this to prepare you for a large rent increase?

It's easy enough to check.

Not sure, I'd love to know if she has informed her lender that she is renting the property out. Is there any way I can find out?

Slaughter her and her family. Cook them in the cooker and then go for next-door's dog.

Cant operate the cooker with a broken knob, spit roast might work though.

that pretty much sums up the whole uk buy to let market.

serve with AST.spumante.

Cant operate the cooker with a broken knob, spit roast might work though.

Ah, a professional footballer with a groin injury ;) ?

Not sure, I'd love to know if she has informed her lender that she is renting the property out. Is there any way I can find out?

Look at the land registry entry for the name of the borrower.

If the LL's post is coming to your property, the chances are that the LL is pretending she is living there as her ppr.

There is nothing stopping you asking the LL to confirm in writing that she has a BTL mortgage. This is a justifiable question as the validity of your AST depends on it. IMHO, letting a property with an OO mortgage is obtaining property by deception. Be aware the LL may not take kindly to your request.

If the LL's post is coming to your property, the chances are that the LL is pretending she is living there as her ppr.

There is nothing stopping you asking the LL to confirm in writing that she has a BTL mortgage. This is a justifiable question as the validity of your AST depends on it. IMHO, letting a property with an OO mortgage is obtaining property by deception. Be aware the LL may not take kindly to your request.

And make sure the deposit is with the secure deposit scheme thingy. big penalties for her if its not and you qualify.

Thats the prob with renting.

Don't get too much post for her, but we have had mail a few times from her old uni

The thing that pisses me off most is that she says the fact we have missed no payments on our rent for 4 yrs "is no big deal" :angry:

have you tried placing a heafty, pork bound stool of human faeces in the landlords revolving microwave tray and setting it to 4 min quick defrost ? (if unsure use the chicken leg icon)

Don't get too much post for her, but we have had mail a few times from her old uni

The thing that pisses me off most is that she says the fact we have missed no payments on our rent for 4 yrs "is no big deal" :angry:

To be frank, it isn't and you shouldn't let it piss you off. As a tenant, you are expected to pay your rent in full and on time. Likewise, the LL is expected to deal with problems with the property in a timely fashion.

Sounds to me that she wants an excuse to get you out of the house either to a) rent it to someone else for more money, b ) live in it herself, or c) sell it. If I was you, I would look for somewhere else to live. Who needs the stress of living with a LL like that? I appreciate that your rent is likely to increase however, so I can sympathise with your problem. Precisely for that reason, I never intend to rent again. LL are a nightmare.

Edited by ma-ku

To be frank, it isn't and you shouldn't let it piss you off. As a tenant, you are expected to pay your rent in full and on time. Likewise, the LL is expected to deal with problems with the property in a timely fashion.

Sounds to me that she wants an excuse to get you out of the house either to a) rent it to someone else for more money, b ) live in it herself, or c) sell it. If I was you, I would look for somewhere else to live. Who needs the stress of living with a LL like that? I appreciate that your rent is likely to increase however, so I can sympathise with your problem. Precisely for that reason, I never intend to rent again. LL are a nightmare.

Its most likey 'a', she lives in her own property, and as for selling it... :lol:

Edited by Lander

have you tried placing a heafty, pork bound stool of human faeces in the landlords revolving microwave tray and setting it to 4 min quick defrost ? (if unsure use the chicken leg icon)

LOl, I would if it was hers. I might take several slashes in her gravity tank when we leave.

Adding to Roger's posting above, spend £3 online at the Land Registry to find out who actually owns the property and if its mortgaged. If she won't tell you whether she has an OO mortgage or a BTL one, tell her you will write to the mortgage company for the info. I doubt they'll give it to you, but if she's fraudulently on an OO mortgage, this will frighten the sh** out of her. Lying to the mortgage company would open her to repossession, and (unfortunately) you to eviction. It's a game of bluff.

Try it on - it might get you a bit less hassle, and a bit more respect.

I think she's MEW'd, skint, wants a lot more rent from someone, and knows you aren't likely to cough up.

Adding to Roger's posting above, spend £3 online at the Land Registry to find out who actually owns the property and if its mortgaged. If she won't tell you whether she has an OO mortgage or a BTL one, tell her you will write to the mortgage company for the info. I doubt they'll give it to you, but if she's fraudulently on an OO mortgage, this will frighten the sh** out of her. Lying to the mortgage company would open her to repossession, and (unfortunately) you to eviction. It's a game of bluff.

Try it on - it might get you a bit less hassle, and a bit more respect.

I think she's MEW'd, skint, wants a lot more rent from someone, and knows you aren't likely to cough up.

If you do this, with the expectation of being kicked out eventually, cease the payments of rent as well!

Go for a decent Amarone with the family.

Leave the dog alone, you sick b*****d