House Price Crash Forum

Liar Loans Finally Coming Home To Roost?!? Independent:

HOLA441
HOLA442

Disturbingly, investigators now suspect the involvement of organised crime. High concentrations of dodgy brokers have been found in the same localities – normally in London and the South-east.

It disturbs me that this only just disturbing them.... very disturbing.

HOLA443
Mortgage sharks and home loan hustlers

You don't say?!?!? :lol::lol: Liar Loans coming home to roost..........

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/invest-...ers-878005.html

I always enjoy reading your posts mate - eye openers. Do you own a house or rent or had any bad experiences with mortgage brokers in the past? would be good to know the background which has caused you take up this noble cause against liar loans. :)

Cheers

HOLA444
Guest barebear
Mortgage sharks and home loan hustlers

You don't say?!?!? :lol::lol: Liar Loans coming home to roost..........

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/invest-...ers-878005.html

The same as what happened in the last crash.

They will just say mistakes were made, be good for a while and wait for the next boom.

Trouble is the way these brokers get paid,the last time the majority of their commisions came from endowment policies and there were wild speculations at the time as to how much you would get back at the end of the term.We know the rest.

Now they have ASU policies and just get a cut on the total borrowed, its always in their interests to promote self certs,it carries a higher commision rate !

Its the old mafia trick always go through a third party to commit your crimes,thats why the bosses rarely ever get done.

HOLA445
Guest barebear

Should just make mortgage brokers illegal so you have to be dealt with directly by the lender. Then change their silly credit scoring so if you get turned down by one it doesnt affect you.

That way the lender is entirely accountable.

HOLA446
I always enjoy reading your posts mate - eye openers. Do you own a house or rent or had any bad experiences with mortgage brokers in the past? would be good to know the background which has caused you take up this noble cause against liar loans. :)

Cheers

Well RR --- No - I am mortgage free -- but I HATE the way this whole property "craze" has been played -- It is FUELED by really NASTY Lenders who play every trick in the book and absolutely SCREW youngsters........... It MASSIVELY p1sses me off..................

I want us to just GROW UP - and go back to the REAL world of making money on skill and ingenuity - and not on USURY and pricing people out of the very roofs over their heads........ It STINKS ---- The system is ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA447
Well RR --- No - I am mortgage free -- but I HATE the way this whole property "craze" has been played -- It is FUELED by really NASTY Lenders who play every trick in the book and absolutely SCREW youngsters........... It MASSIVELY p1sses me off..................

I want us to just GROW UP - and go back to the REAL world of making money on skill and ingenuity - and not on USURY and pricing people out of the very roofs over their heads........ It STINKS ---- The system is ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

ill second that. its ruined british life.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest barebear
Yup -- We have become a nation of people trying to scam each other with £299,000 basement flats................ And that's about it. Nothing else.

We are sick.

I agree with Eric.

Furthermore 299,000 for an ex council flat just because it happens to be near canary wharf.

HOLA4411

Cheers

Eric's mission is to fill our screens with cheerful, primary colours.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I hope the FSA has passed all the details of these "wideboy" brokers onto the police as I am sure they are aware that mortgage fraud is a serious, imprisonable, criminal offence :rolleyes:

Nope -- they will have given the brokers a £10 fine - a pat on the back - an award for "salesmanship" - and let them carry on.......

HOLA4414
The same as what happened in the last crash.

They will just say mistakes were made, be good for a while and wait for the next boom.

Trouble is the way these brokers get paid,the last time the majority of their commisions came from endowment policies and there were wild speculations at the time as to how much you would get back at the end of the term.We know the rest.

Now they have ASU policies and just get a cut on the total borrowed, its always in their interests to promote self certs,it carries a higher commision rate !

Its the old mafia trick always go through a third party to commit your crimes,thats why the bosses rarely ever get done.

Yup --- Will they learn though? WILL things change this time? Mmmm..................... no!!