House Price Crash Forum
garybug

Ea's Weekly Rant In The Local Rag

I am going to start posting these weekly..

A local EA always have a two page advert in the Harlow Star here in East Herts - and each week it comes with a column of verbal diahorrea from their head EA. It is the highlight of my week...

Link-age:

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.u...99-aad4be1fb139

And browse through to page 14-15, column on the right hand side

It has been getting more & more desperate every issue, and is so badly written...

This weeks installment? Having A Go At The BoE

I like the bit where he blames 'vultures' for making 'what I regard as almost immoral, but certainly laughable bids well below the asking price! That really is taking the mickey.'

What a dick. If he went into Sainsbury's and they were suddenly asking £500 for a loaf of bread then i'm sure he'd be pissed and wouldn't pay it. But of course, it's a human right to make money from property sales, and how dare someone not give you the price you asked for!!

His weekly articles are just going to get more and more desperate. I can see this being a fun feature!

I always thought VI stood for Vested Interest - now I think it's more like Village Idiot!

I like the bit where he blames 'vultures' for making 'what I regard as almost immoral, but certainly laughable bids well below the asking price! That really is taking the mickey.'

What a dick. If he went into Sainsbury's and they were suddenly asking £500 for a loaf of bread then i'm sure he'd be pissed and wouldn't pay it. But of course, it's a human right to make money from property sales, and how dare someone not give you the price you asked for!!

The question is..who was the vulture in the past asking immoral asking prices for those little shit holes...

His weekly articles are just going to get more and more desperate. I can see this being a fun feature!

I always thought VI stood for Vested Interest - now I think it's more like Village Idiot!

Like it :)

LOL I love the 'page turning' sound. It should also feature the sound of a cat crapping on it, as that's about all the paper's fit for!

How dare these 'vultures' not want to pay a quarter of a million for a bungalow in Harlow!! :lol:

A house is only worth what some is willing to pay for it. The laughable bid may not be so laughable in 6 months time when property crashes big time :lol::lol:

A house is only worth what some is willing to pay for it. The laughable bid may not be so laughable in 6 months time when property crashes big time :lol::lol:

Indeed, this guy needs his fuking head examined, he's never going to do any business with that kind of attitude. I've been thinking of putting in some 'immoral' offers myself. Saw a house in London zone 6 that I quite like, fairly near my family and with a decent park nearby with 'offers in excess of £185k' on the ad. Been on the market for about 6 months, so think i'll offer them £120k for it. Terribly evil of me I know.

Edited by JohnnyB

Think yourself lucky, most of my local EA's can't afford to advertise in the weekly rag any more ! ;)

(Usual 80 pages last year is down to 24 this week, and half of thats rent ads )

edit : sp

Edited by sign_of_the_times

It may be cruel, but there's something incredibly satisfying about reading an estate agent whining about immorality and vultures, don't you think?

That's twice I've felt all warm and squidgy today. A couple of months ago we looked round a pretty dire house in the East Midlands, on the market for £235k. At the end of the viewing I said to the estate agent we really wanted a house with a garage. Rather than saying (as I would have expected) "sure, no problem, I'll let you know as soon as anything comes up", the agent said "You and your wife really need to be more realistic on your budget, for £240k you may want to think about compromising on things like garages". We were steaming! Anyway, this morning, the details of the same house popped through the letterbox with a new price of £199k. Whose compromising now suckers???!!!!

"Things are starting to happen which reminds me, I must drop a line to Mr King to let him know the good news".

What a tit. He writes something belligerent like that whist complaining that the BOE should do something. From that last line, I assume he reckons that the market is stable so we can increase rates to fight inflation.

Edit - spelling.

Edited by SpiceWorld!

I hate the way people act like the BoE dropping interest rates can only be a good thing. For me an IR cut would be rubbish. The only debt I have is my student loan, which is based on RPI, so i'd prefer a rise to keep inflation under control. This would also bolster my savings, while keeping other cost rises low. Millions would benefit from higher interest rates, but for some reason those people don't seem to matter.

It may be cruel, but there's something incredibly satisfying about reading an estate agent whining about immorality and vultures, don't you think?

It just goes to show how utterly removed the property market is in this country from any kind of rational business model. In other businesses, if demand slackens off you generally cut prices and do all you can to court new custom. EAs and vendors just seem to hate anyone not buying into their fantasies of ever increasing prices.

It just goes to show how utterly removed the property market is in this country from any kind of rational business model. In other businesses, if demand slackens off you generally cut prices and do all you can to court new custom. EAs and vendors just seem to hate anyone not buying into their fantasies of ever increasing prices.

Yeah, there seems to be a very wierd rationale there. All the high street shops are in major discount mode, and probably will be for months, yet people selling houses seem to be reluctant to cut just £5k off, even though it may still be worth £100k more than they paid for it.

Let's not worry - the time has come where the sellers who need to sell will opt out of the fantasy (they will need to) and join us in the real world where 'market forces such as supply and demand' dictate the price and not some EA's opinion. This is where the EA's loose their jobs and maybe we extablish a whole new system of buying and selling properties without the EA's.

Just a thought - all these EA's in this country -how do they buy their properties? DO they just go to sellers, overprice the property and simply pay the highly inflated price? (I think not as I have heard many rumours about the old folk being scamed by them and their fat wallet investor friends)

He's basically saying one or two houses are still selling. Would we expect the market to stop completely, 100%? There'll always be the odd buyer who has had their eye on that perfect house down the road for years and years, and won't miss the opportunity to buy it just because the market is in freefall.

If you go to the Howick website and look the guy up - he's old enough to have seen a couple of previous crashes, so should know how the market works..

http://www.hbproperty.co.uk/staff-profiles.aspx

BTW, gotta love those mugshots! :lol::lol:

Home Staging Consultant? I think if one job title disappears into oblivion this cycle it's got to be that one!

If you go to the Howick website and look the guy up - he's old enough to have seen a couple of previous crashes, so should know how the market works..

http://www.hbproperty.co.uk/staff-profiles.aspx

BTW, gotta love those mugshots! :lol::lol:

Looks too supercilious for my liking (a bit like his writing style, in fact) - and is that a wig he's wearing?

As for the 'Home Staging Consultant'... :lol:

This weeks latest thoughts from a local EA in East Herts..

Link-age:

And browse through to page 16-17, column on the middle left hand side

The chap usually sounds pretty bullish, but it looks like the reality of the credit crunch seems to have finally dawned on him.

Still badly written though... :P

I am going to start posting these weekly..

A local EA always have a two page advert in the Harlow Star here in East Herts - and each week it comes with a column of verbal diahorrea from their head EA. It is the highlight of my week...

Link-age:

And browse through to page 14-15, column on the right hand side

It has been getting more & more desperate every issue, and is so badly written...

This weeks installment? Having A Go At The BoE

Offer to write something against it each week.

My local rag took it, sure yours will too!

get in there!

Wow. 27 times income over 195,000 years topped up by allowances from the Government.

And people say we exaggerate...

I bet he wasn't hyperventilating about irresponsible lending practices the last time he tried to sell a couple a 300k shoebox in Harlow.

Do you think he turned down any commission over the last five years as a matter of conscience? Hrm.