House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crown

Watch Fionnuala Earley On Bloomberg 31st July 2008

I uploaded the SKY interview yesterday, but I think Jeremy Naylor got a bit more out of her here

http://thecrownblogspot.blogspot.com/2008/...-31st-july.html

Highlights

FE - "House prices falling for the rest of this year."

Jeremy Naylor - "In your report you say house prices are still £11,000 higher than 3 years ago, how long until that is sliced off?"

FE - "Difficult to know blah blah......

JN - "National Housing Federation say house price will be 25% higher in 5 years...."

FE - "Sounds a little optimistic" laughs nervously "to be 25% higher than 2007 lows" Even FE is a bear now!

SKY interview here

http://thecrownblogspot.blogspot.com/2008/...-out-today.html

as far as I can tell when house prices were going up she said that they would continue to go up and now that they are falling she is saying that they will continue to fall.

Problem is that now her predictions are exposed as hopeless VI guesses, anything she says from now on will be treated as a joke.

What we need is a Seema Shah interview.

I uploaded the SKY interview yesterday, but I think Jeremy Naylor got a bit more out of her here

http://thecrownblogspot.blogspot.com/2008/...-31st-july.html

Highlights

FE - "House prices falling for the rest of this year."

Jeremy Naylor - "In your report you say house prices are still £11,000 higher than 3 years ago, how long until that is sliced off?"

FE - "Difficult to know blah blah......

JN - "National Housing Federation say house price will be 25% higher in 5 years...."

FE - "Sounds a little optimistic" laughs nervously "to be 25% higher than 2007 lows" Even FE is a bear now!

SKY interview here

http://thecrownblogspot.blogspot.com/2008/...-out-today.html

Fionalula has reached the "acceptance" stage of the tragedy. Late last year she predicted a flat market this year before rising in 2009. She knows the game is up and its no point embarassing herself further with hopeless "predictions" that only undermine what little cred she has left. She will go the same way as her US counterpart, David "Mr. Realestate" Lereah who predicted a plateau in the US for 2007 before recovering in 2008.

Gordon is in a similar place. He cannot see "why" its all gone wrong but accepts that it has. He is continuing to deny that it was his miracle policies that caused the credit bubble to get out of control but he is no longer denying tough times are ahead.

Not even Fionullaa can defend the National Housing Foundation's RIDICULOUS prediction. :blink:

:lol:

NOW THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING!!!

I would love to get her alone somewhere while she was drunk (she probably doesnt drink) or something and get some REAL opinions out of her and not let her talk sh!t.

I bumped into an old GF in a club a few months ago and she was pretending that her Estate Agency were she worked was doing ok, so I looked her in the eye shaking my head and said "Its not is it, Houses are going through the floor aren't they", she said yeah your right, it's apparently the worst her bosses have ever seen.

Thats all I needed to know, so I then went to the dance floor and dropped some boogie. (True Story)

Thats all I needed to know, so I then went to the dance floor and dropped some boogie. (True Story)

I'd have waited until she went to powder her nose, then I'd have dropped my bogie into her drink!

I would love to get her alone somewhere while she was drunk (she probably doesnt drink) or something and get some REAL opinions out of her and not let her talk sh!t.

I bumped into an old GF in a club a few months ago and she was pretending that her Estate Agency were she worked was doing ok, so I looked her in the eye shaking my head and said "Its not is it, Houses are going through the floor aren't they", she said yeah your right, it's apparently the worst her bosses have ever seen.

If you got her drunk she would probably reveal that she posted on this board under the name ERIC