House Price Crash Forum

I've noticed several changes to RM from Detached House or Semi-Detached house to "Cluster House".

There are only three words that go after "Cluster". The first is Server, the second is Bomb, and the third is F*ck.

I think Option Three applies to this latest RM/EA twaddle.

Edited because I forgot about cluster bombs.

Edited by WantHousewithLand

I've noticed several changes to RM from Detached House or Semi-Detached house to "Cluster House".

There are only two words that go after "Cluster". One is Server and the other is F*ck.

I think Option Two applies to this latest RM/EA twaddle.

The third is Bomb.

There are only two words that go after "Cluster". One is Server and the other is F*ck.

I think Option Two applies to this latest RM/EA twaddle.

Very small h.ouses

Theres a few round my way classed as a "cluster home". Essentially a semi crammed with 2 or 3 individual properties. One front door on one wall, another on another etc ...

Well, here's an example

Cluster Home?

Maybe this is a cluster home because it's clustered into a tiny little cul-de-sac with loads of other new build tat around.

Oh, and although RM doesn't show this, it was originally on for £595,000.

I had understood this to mean four houses arranged back to back in a cruciform pattern. Or to put it another way four houses crammed into the structure of one proper house. Internal accommodation is usually living room with kitchen alcove, one bedroom and bath/wc. They are every bit as unpleasant as they sound.

A freind of mine bought one of these- basicly a 'cluster home' is a normal house, or two semi's that's been subdiveded into four 'family homes'- it's a sad side effect of HPI- and sadder still when you realise what people were paying for these thin slices of the house boom pie.

sadder still when you realise what people were paying for these thin slices of the house boom pie.

Nice metaphor, wonderpup...

Interesting, historically Cluster houses might have been rather nice...

http://thesaurus.english-heritage.org.uk/t...p;term_no=91523

as so many early to mid 20th century houses built for normal folk. I love some of the council estates built post war. Simple brick houses of a decent size with large green communal areas. Way better than what we are getting these days.

Tragic what the banks and property business have conspired to do to our houses. Affordability will help so, so, many more people than it hurts/

Interesting, historically Cluster houses might have been rather nice...

http://thesaurus.english-heritage.org.uk/t...p;term_no=91523

as so many early to mid 20th century houses built for normal folk. I love some of the council estates built post war. Simple brick houses of a decent size with large green communal areas. Way better than what we are getting these days.

Tragic what the banks and property business have conspired to do to our houses. Affordability will help so, so, many more people than it hurts/

Thanks for the link 2meter. A bit of history of architecture I had forgotten. You dont get the spacious garden with the modern sort.

I agree with you about some of the council estates. The sort of design you are describing is pre war but was replicated in the 1950s to very good effect.

After that many council architects started reinventing the wheel and the results are a thing of horror.

We lived in a cluster house when we moved to Welwyn Garden City (AL7 2QF I think) - 1980s build, rather than being a conversion they were custom built - two pairs of four houses in two large blocks, they were like a cross between a house and a flat as while you had your own front door, you have no back door or back garden since all four houses occupy the four "quarters" of the building.

Edited by DTMark

We have some of these in our area - they call them "clipper style" houses and since Christmas a few have come to the market, slashed the price repeatedly and remained unsold. My personal theory is that they were a product of the BTL boom, suitable to let out short term but not to really live in and as such they are now, literally, worthless.

Thank you for your responses and for defining what a cluster house is.

What I don't get, though, is how the heck this could be defined as a "cluster house"? It's a Victorian detached former vicarage in an acre of its own land, FFS! What is RM or the EA up to? Is this change to get more churn into the descriptions? Or have they had a big computer glitch?