House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NotMyHouse

Peak In Houses For Sale

I've noticed a steady increase in houses for sale in CA8 from about 130 at the beginning of the year to about 180 a couple of months ago. Since then, numbers for sale have been slowly dropping, and my impression was that these were not sales but withdrawals. For example, just tonight I noticed that two houses for sale by the same owner no longer had For Sale signs and had vanished from RM.

So - will these houses return at lower prices with another agent, or have the owners got fed up of having to mow the grass verge every Saturday and keep the house tidy? I will have to tune into the village gossip network to find out...

In summary, m, point is that falls in the numbers of houses for sale are probable from this point onwards. These falling stock levels are a sign of a market where very few sales are taking place and should not be taken as yet another example of the "green shoots of recovery".

I've noticed a steady increase in houses for sale in CA8 from about 130 at the beginning of the year to about 180 a couple of months ago. Since then, numbers for sale have been slowly dropping, and my impression was that these were not sales but withdrawals. For example, just tonight I noticed that two houses for sale by the same owner no longer had For Sale signs and had vanished from RM.

I have noticed the same in South East London, number of properties are down around 5-10% since a few months ago.