House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

I Had Four Abortions By The Time I Was 16

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-time-I-16.html

Being so young, she frets little about the damage the repeated abortions might have done to her body, or that her future fertility might be affected.

Now, aged 18, and engaged to 20-year-old Jack, a landscape gardener, Lucy, who left school at 15 with no GCSEs, works as a promotional model.

'Obviously the first pregnancy was a mistake, but can I say that about the other three?

'When it happens four times before you are 16, you have to wonder what's going on,' says Lucy.

'I still don't know the answer to that. I don't regret having the terminations because I was too young to have a baby, but I do regret having sex when I wasn't mature enough to deal with it.'

She adds: 'Now I am 18, I understand how important it is to be responsible about contraception, but when you are 12 or 13 you are too young to understand anything.

Your having sex and your wondering what's going on!!!!!!

According to QI in reality they were a myth

It's a shame injin was never a panelist on QI.

Was half way through a Daily Mail reader style response when I decided to read the story again.

Abortion 1) Naive about what was happening. Hard to believe in this day and age but give her the benefit of the doubt.

Abortion 2) Off her face on Vodka and taken advantage of by a 19 year old bloke. Statutory rape isn't it?

Abortion 3) Believed a 17 year old bloke was infertile and that he didn't need to use a condom.(As if he'd know at that age)

Abortion 4) Condom failed. At least the concept of safe sex is finally starting to hit home.

You can only advise someone so much. At some point in life you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

A very sad story.

Was half way through a Daily Mail reader style response when I decided to read the story again.

Abortion 1) Naive about what was happening. Hard to believe in this day and age but give her the benefit of the doubt.

Abortion 2) Off her face on Vodka and taken advantage of by a 19 year old bloke. Statutory rape isn't it?

Abortion 3) Believed a 17 year old bloke was infertile and that he didn't need to use a condom.(As if he'd know at that age)

Abortion 4) Condom failed. At least the concept of safe sex is finally starting to hit home.

You can only advise someone so much. At some point in life you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

A very sad story.

or even..... at some point you must be forced to take responsibility.

Would a charge of say £300 per abortion be unreasonable? ....... or the loss of X weeks benefit.

Would some level of charge change behavior?