House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Dunfermline Couple Fear Housing Crash Could Cost Them Their American Dream

A PITCORTHIE couple who are struggling to sell their two-bedroomed home fear that they could miss out on their American dream.

Steven Pagdin (26) and his wife Alana (27) put their semi-detached house on the market over a month ago but have not had any viewers for the property, which is available for offers over £115,000.

Steven has even thrown his car into the deal – a three-year-old Mazda6 – in an attempt to sell the house by September, when he is due to start his new job in Panama City, Florida.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/articles/1/26836

Alana added, “We’re a bit stressed out about it. They want us over in America as soon as possible.”

They aren't the only ones.

Edited by Minos

It's clearly a slow news day in Dunfermline.

It's always a slow news day in Dunfermline.

I grew up there.

Having been informed by someone only a few months ago how the crash "won't have an effect up there" this story comes as absolutely no surprise to me.

WTF

Just cut 30% off the UK price and leave

It's at least 12% down in Panama City Florida (Spring Break Capital) and just starting to get going

He works in Oil & Gas and has a job set up and bought the house 5 years ago, they are both young and have visas done which take ages.

Will they really throw it away to get 10% extra on the sale price, nobody can be that thick, surely ?

"Is the credit crunch affecting the way people are thinking? Are they thinking that the housing prices are going to crash? I don’t know."

Hmm, I wonder.

We actually need plenty of the human interest stories, galling though it may be.

The sheeple do not really understand phrases like "Credit Crunch" "Failing CDO" "Libor" and think that the present crisis will soon blow over, particularly if oil prices fall.

Only by seeing the real impact upon real people will it slowly dawn on them that the party is over

I have a cunning plan - HPC (in partnership with the Daily Mail) knows a dental nurse who is desperate to downsize....

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;hl=daily+mail

No, hear me out; house-swaps will become the trendy solution to the credit-crunch (AND stamp duty is only payable on the difference ;) )

I was walking into the Doctors today and saw a middle-aged woman being supported by her husband as she crumpled and broke down after obviously receiving some very bad news, it was heart wrenching to watch. Then you get people like this moaning that they can't get what they want when they want it. I know who my sympathies lie with.