House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Sadie Frost's Clothing Firm Goes Bust Owing Millions

I always think it's a shame when some deadbeat ex celeb who's just trying to fleece a bit more cash from their "public" have a business failure. Back on your knees love.

Both of them seemed to be famous for nothing worthwhile (I think the only thing I've seen Jude Law in was the only film I've ever been so bored of that I actually walked out of the cinema)

The rather large grey sack Sadie Frost is wearing in the photo accompanying the article, and the other business partner dressed in the gold foil of an oversized chocolate bar with her bra strap hanging out in view could give a clue as to why their clothing business hasn't been as successful as it might....

(edited to add more catty remarks about bra straps)

Edited by waitingandsaving

Back on your knees love.

Isn't that what she was offering at 10k a pop or am I getting my desperate celebs mixed up?

Edited by linuxgeek

She said: 'I think some people are wealthy because they're shrewd with their money, but I like to enjoy life and not let finance restrict me.

Love it!

I work in media and so see plenty of this nonsense about turning wifey's self-indulgent hobby into a "real" business. Right now I'm watching two couples I know get a serious wake-up call.

Both consist of successful but indulgent husband, and talentless, gobby wife. Both bought big properties a few years ago and then let wifey run amok "re-modelling" the place. One blew £250k on a kitchen/conservatory with an electrically powered, folding roof (which immediately jammed). The other really went wild and dug up the basement in their Notting Hill home and spent £1.5m putting in a kitchen, gym, and "media room". Being stupid enough to believe the flattering nonsense that all their lovey friends then wibbled on about, both wifeys re-invent themselves as interior designers/property developers.

From that moment it's been like watching a greek tragedy unfold, first the act of hubris...

Their initial (massively overspent) projects have come to the market in the last couple of months. And one of these golden couples has hubby recently out of work, so there's an extra imperative to sell.

But where are the customers? Hiding and waiting for a 40% price reduction is where!

Employed hubby is still at the blame stage, "can't that fool Mervyn King see he's driving the country into the ground with his mulish refusal to cut interest rates?"

But unemployed hubby has gone well past that, and is now close to a quivering bottom lip.

Love it!

I work in media and so see plenty of this nonsense about turning wifey's self-indulgent hobby into a "real" business. Right now I'm watching two couples I know get a serious wake-up call.

Both consist of successful but indulgent husband, and talentless, gobby wife. Both bought big properties a few years ago and then let wifey run amok "re-modelling" the place. One blew £250k on a kitchen/conservatory with an electrically powered, folding roof (which immediately jammed). The other really went wild and dug up the basement in their Notting Hill home and spent £1.5m putting in a kitchen, gym, and "media room". Being stupid enough to believe the flattering nonsense that all their lovey friends then wibbled on about, both wifeys re-invent themselves as interior designers/property developers.

From that moment it's been like watching a greek tragedy unfold, first the act of hubris...

Their initial (massively overspent) projects have come to the market in the last couple of months. And one of these golden couples has hubby recently out of work, so there's an extra imperative to sell.

But where are the customers? Hiding and waiting for a 40% price reduction is where!

Employed hubby is still at the blame stage, "can't that fool Mervyn King see he's driving the country into the ground with his mulish refusal to cut interest rates?"

But unemployed hubby has gone well past that, and is now close to a quivering bottom lip.

Wonderful stories. Please don't forget the updates.

Both of them seemed to be famous for nothing worthwhile (I think the only thing I've seen Jude Law in was the only film I've ever been so bored of that I actually walked out of the cinema)

The rather large grey sack Sadie Frost is wearing in the photo accompanying the article, and the other business partner dressed in the gold foil of an oversized chocolate bar with her bra strap hanging out in view could give a clue as to why their clothing business hasn't been as successful as it might....

(edited to add more catty remarks about bra straps)

You must be a right b itch at the water-cooler :lol:

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Love it!

Sounds like one of my best mates :blink::blink: Business owner who pays himself a bundle (lovely guy by the way). I said to him the other night, it's all about how long you can last without a job/being paid. He told me that with all his outgoings, he can last zero months!! The guy is on about £250k/year. :blink:

Love it!

Luvvies - hilarious. Yes, please do keep us updated.

you should read the gossip mags more!!

Wash your mouth out sir! I'd only read one of those if I was stuck on a 10 hour flight and I'd already read the emergency instructions a dozen times.

Sadie Frost was the posh girl in the 'Common People' music video.

Well, she did want to live like common people, so now she can.

Sing along with the common people,

sing along and it might just get you through,

laugh along with the common people,

laugh along even though they're laughing at you,

and the stupid things that you do.

So how has this person gone from appearing in a music video to having a business that ends up owing millions? Is she the daughter of someone rich?

Did she become the WAG of someone beloved by the prolefeed press?

On the other hand, I suppose it is possible to accumulate enough non-story articles to become a C-lister in your own right.

Or maybe her dad is loaded. In which I'll have rum and coca-cola.

Did she become the WAG of someone beloved by the prolefeed press?

On the other hand, I suppose it is possible to accumulate enough non-story articles to become a C-lister in your own right.

Or maybe her dad is loaded. In which I'll have rum and coca-cola.

If only she called her Dad, he could stop it all.

I see her star rating on IMDB has gone down 7% since last week.

Odd to see that she was in Boon and Press Gang, then I noticed that she's older than I am!

Hmmmm... on the strength of this I might rate her as a B- celeb. And that's only cos I'm in a good mood.

Love it!

That is a f**king great story!

Is there something wrong with my eyes, or does the lady on the right have a peculiarly hairy face?

article-1040058-03F9288D0000044D-732_468x365.jpg

It does look a bit like that - entirely possible, it's a problem that overly skinny women get - called lanugo, and it's the body's attempt at keeping them warm as they haven't got enough body fat... :( Not saying she's definitely got it, but she does look pretty skinny,and as you point out, a tad furry-faced.

Love it!

lol love it!!

Sounds like one of my best mates :blink::blink: Business owner who pays himself a bundle (lovely guy by the way). I said to him the other night, it's all about how long you can last without a job/being paid. He told me that with all his outgoings, he can last zero months!! The guy is on about £250k/year. :blink:

The scary thing is about all these people on massive salaries hocked up to the eyeballs in outgoings , is how many of them there are out there and how many of them will lose their jobs.