House Price Crash Forum

Dragon's Den Line Came In Useful Today

HOLA441

Estate Agent been ringing me constantly to try and sell me a flat. He called 3 months ago with a 'really cheap bargain' 1 bed flat for 79K in Southend on Sea, Essex. I said 'no thanks'. Today he rung me back and said the vendor would offer it to me at '61K' lol -

Anyway I said,

'Your vendor needs to learn to be ahead of the game, calling me up every 3 month with a reduction is pointless when you're chasing from behind without advancing, AND ITS FOR THAT REASON 'IM OUT'! " :lol::lol:

He laughed nervously.

LOL

I'm loving all this!

Edited by dumb-tabloid reader

HOLA442
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Estate Agent been ringing me constantly to try and sell me a flat. He called 3 months ago with a 'really cheap bargain' 1 bed flat for 79K in Southend on Sea, Essex. I said 'no thanks'. Today he rung me back and said the vendor would offer it to me at '61K' lol -

Anyway I said,

'Your vendor needs to learn to be ahead of the game, calling me up every 3 month with a reduction is pointless when you're chasing from behind without advancing, AND ITS FOR THAT REASON 'IM OUT'! " :lol::lol:

He laughed nervously.

LOL

I'm loving all this!

Keep breaking their spirit.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Anyway I said,

He laughed nervously.

LOL

I'm loving all this!

lol,

btw Southend-on-Sea is an absolute s**t hole now, it's got so bad that it's overtaken Basildon as the number one s**t hole in that area. Why would you want to buy a property there?

HOLA445
HOLA446
lol,

btw Southend-on-Sea is an absolute s**t hole now, it's got so bad that it's overtaken Basildon as the number one s**t hole in that area. Why would you want to buy a property there?

Yeh I know, but its the cheapest. But now I will be able to buy something in a better area due to this Serious Crash!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOO! - Kensington here I come!

HOLA447
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
lol,

I did a locum job in A&E in Southend one Christmas.

Quite a few people came in with fictitious injuries and illness in the hope that they could be admitted and have a Christmas lunch.

HOLA448

Anyway I said,

He laughed nervously.

LOL

I'm loving all this!

It's because of people like you that house prices are falling. :angry:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
I did a locum job in A&E in Southend one Christmas.

Quite a few people came in with fictitious injuries and illness in the hope that they could be admitted and have a Christmas lunch.

It's never been a great area but about ten years ago they started to get a large influx of asylum seekers, mainly Kosovan's if I recall correctly. I'm told that they started to hang around the high street's in large groups and it was pretty intimidating, that combined with the virulent strain of Chav resident in Essex meant that a lot of people I know stopped going there.

I've been back a few times. The penultimate time I was verbally assulted and physically intimidated by a bunch of holidaying Pikies. The most recent time the sun was out and it was unpleasently busy, with chavs.

I'm not what you would call a fan ;)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Southend is a dive. North Essex is much better innit.

Although property in Southend is always in demand, so small properties should be very easy to rent out.

Perhaps, as long as you don't include Whitham, Kelvedon and Colchester in that :)

tbh, most of the towns in Essex are quite nice, unfortunately they some of them turn into hell holes at night time as the Chav's come out in force. There's a good reason why a lot of the Trains have a police presence on the weekends.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Kuma

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
79k to 61k in three months,annualised that puts the flat at 10k by april 5th

Link is here of the flat in question.... http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-179...=1&tr_t=buy

It is quite a drop, but then again, in Southend they're all dropping like crazy.

I found this: 4 Bed Semi for £150 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-222...=1&tr_t=buy

HOLA4421
Link is here of the flat in question.... http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-179...=1&tr_t=buy

It is quite a drop, but then again, in Southend they're all dropping like crazy.

I found this: 4 Bed Semi for £150 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-222...=1&tr_t=buy

That first one is right out the back of Southend hospital, that's a very busy road and parking in the nearby roads is going to be a struggle. I would judge that to be about a 25-30 min walk to Prittlewell station, borderline acceptable for a commuter. Plenty of schools to choose from though :)

EDIT: That second one is rather close to the airport, close enough that you'll hear the big jets take off (their engines will be pointing your way). On the plus side they've not done an engine test on the resident Vulcan bomber for a while!

Edited by Kuma

HOLA4422

I worked and then lived in Southend (Chalkwell actually - haha) for 5 years. In the mid 90's it wasn't too bad a place to live, but as time moved on it seemed to gradually go down hill especially Westcliff-On-Sea. The flat pictured looks like it's in Valkyrie Road which became known as drug dealers alley. I know this because a friend of mine used to live there and was so glad when he finally sold up!

Edited by markinspain

HOLA4423

i had a good sprit breaker around 2 months ago. walking in town past an ea with my brother we stopped to check out the insanity.

as usual we let our our usual ranted mutterings ending with 'anyone buying into the buy to let market right now is a sucker' just as we passed an alley with a smoking - and downbeat looking= out on a 5 min break.

all local town eas (theres a lot) are all dead and have been for a long time. totally dead.

HOLA4424
lol,

I left Basildon many years ago because it was so s**t. I'm amazed (and really saddened) Southend could have sunk below that!

What hope is there left for us :unsure:

HOLA4425
i had a good sprit breaker around 2 months ago. walking in town past an ea with my brother we stopped to check out the insanity.

as usual we let our our usual ranted mutterings ending with 'anyone buying into the buy to let market right now is a sucker' just as we passed an alley with a smoking - and downbeat looking= out on a 5 min break.

all local town eas (theres a lot) are all dead and have been for a long time. totally dead.

Well done, keep up the good work.