House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Irish World In Denial

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

That'll be due to the clover shoots of recovery at the end of the rainbow seen after a long night out in Dublin.

I can't stop myself from laughing hysterically at the words 'pent-up demand' these days. I'm just waiting for this demand to get so pent-up that it explodes in an orgy of buying, and 75% of people in the UK decide to move house all at once.

Maybe not....

I can't stop myself from laughing hysterically at the words 'pent-up demand' these days. I'm just waiting for this demand to get so pent-up that it explodes in an orgy of buying, and 75% of people in the UK decide to move house all at once.

Maybe not....

:lol: It's like spending thousands on a venu,top DJ, food and party accessories for thousands, and only your Aunt Flo turned up with a Party 7 and a Cliff Richard album...

We have the opposite of pent-up demand. A lot of people who would normally have been this year's first-time buyers were panicked into buying early, i.e. last year at the height of the boom, just to get a foot on the ladder while they could. Not many people have picked up on this.

Edited by blankster

The same applies to Housing. Demand in Housing is being curtailed by the lack of availability of mortgages especially for first time buyers

I see that we're spelling Housing with a capital H now. That must be because it's Really Important.