House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Now That The Best Part Of The Year Has Gone...

In the past few years I have had EAs tell me, at this time of year, that August Bank holiday is the best time for them... then it becomes Sept/Oct as people "wish to be in their new home by Christmas" and then when November comes it usually is "People wait til lChristmas is out of the way before moving"...

I love the way all salespeople - houses, cars, whatever, seem to think that whoever they are talking to is stupider than them.

They have an answer for everything.

I think it's going to hit bad when people start ripping up the floorboards of their valueless house to put on the open fire because they can't afford the gas bill.. :blink:

Home 'owners' have much to learn in that dept.

The more advanced tenants take half the roof timbers out.

Though the former do not have a benevolent LA to put them back in again ready for the next winter.

Pretty soon we wont be talking about house prices.

The new buzz word will be a variant on survival

The spring bounce has come and gone, did it help stop the crash looking so bad ?

The best selling months are pretty much over so will we see HUGE dropps 2.5+ per month over the winter months ?

It could get bad, I mean....good :lol:

Although the data is seasonally adjusted it wasn't adjusted downwards as much as previous years. Another indication is mortgage approvals, and they have hit rock bottom too!

So yes, the crash is definitely on.

The spring bounce has come and gone, did it help stop the crash looking so bad ?

The best selling months are pretty much over so will we see HUGE dropps 2.5+ per month over the winter months ?

depends on seasonal adjustments, the coming aut/winter seasonal adjustments will reduce the falls in the stats. We have just gone through a period of adjustments that has made the falls bigger than they actually are....

Guest KingCharles1st

I think it's going to hit bad when people start ripping up the floorboards of their valueless house to put on the open fire because they can't afford the gas bill.. :blink:

My money's on November for more general hefty drops, not just the odd one. By then anyone who's been hoping to sell in the spring bounce, or in the summer 'because the garden's looking so nice', will either be getting desperate or will decide to stay put.

Having said that, there will still be a significant number who'll say, 'Oh, well, nobody buys at this time of year anyway, we'll just wait for the spring bounce...'

My house price prediction for the coming Winter :

House prices will follow the outside (and probably inside) temperature.