House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GrillsBears

See No Evil Speak No Evil Read No Evil

I think we're seeing a psychological impact here. People just don't want to know how bad things are getting. When the laughable NHBF pulished their house prices up a billion percent by 2013 it was the most emailed and most read story on the BBC website. Now at 10:15 it seems like most people would prefer to read about a bear that got it's head stuck in a jar......

It must be frying brains.... "Houses prices never go down"

I think we're seeing a psychological impact here. People just don't want to know how bad things are getting. When the laughable NHBF pulished their house prices up a billion percent by 2013 it was the most emailed and most read story on the BBC website. Now at 10:15 it seems like most people would prefer to read about a bear that got it's head stuck in a jar......

You presume the BBC is faithfully presenting the figures. Given their demotion of the Nationwide stats today to the bottom of the business slot in the breakfast prime time, I wouldn't presume this at all.

In edit I have to say that BBC is now carrying the Nationwide figures front and centre of its main web page and also it is 4th on the most read list.

Edited by Thucydides

Guess that proves that us HPCers are out numbered at least 10 to 1 by the "prices must always rise" merchants.

US wildlife officials who tried to capture a bear that had a jar stuck on its head, have shot the animal after it wandered into a busy Minnesota town.

He said the jar was the type that holds sweets or popcorn, and had probably become lodged on its head as the bear was foraging for food.

Now if the american public had only shown moderation in the size of their portions, the bear could never have got his head in.

Guess that proves that us HPCers are out numbered at least 10 to 1 by the "prices must always rise" merchants.

No just that people have a short attention span about things that affect them and a long one for things that entertain them - like the bear trying to get its head out of the ... what did the bear have its head stuck in?

You presume the BBC is faithfully presenting the figures. Given their demotion of the Nationwide stats today to the bottom of the business slot in the breakfast prime time, I wouldn't presume this at all.

In edit I have to say that BBC is now carrying the Nationwide figures front and centre of its main web page and also it is 4th on the most read list.

Well it was a famous tactic of Maggie thatcher....denying the oxygen of publicity.

....In those days it was for a paramilitary terrorist organisation.

These days,it's been raised to an art form.Suffocation of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the omnipotent priesthood think is unsavoury,subversive,contraversial of in anyway harmful(to them)

WHO ARE THEY TO JUDGE WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

........IT'S THE SPANISH INQUISITION ALL OVER AGAIN.

Now get with the programme....OR ELSE.

Now at 10:15 it seems like most people would prefer to read about a bear that got it's head stuck in a jar......

I blame the bulls.

Pet pigs 'success' at care home

And that's the Singing Piggies vote right there.

A colleague, overheard on the phone: "Did you see that story in the Express yesterday? Apparently it'll all blow over in a few years and prices will start rising again. So-and-so emailed it to me."