House Price Crash Forum

Jeremy Vine, Bbc Radio 2 On 30/7

0q0

HOLA441

On today's show apparently there was something about the housing market and people opting to rent. I haven't got the time to go to Listen Again and trawl through boring Vine's show, anyone post the main points? There was a trailer for it using the phrase "Landlords report rising demand" or some such.

HOLA442
Guest anorthosite
Jeremy Vine is a reactionary fool and the only contributors to his show are those that are out of touch with or have never been in reality

He's a serious property bear, and has never gone along with the spin of the past few years.

HOLA443
On today's show apparently there was something about the housing market and people opting to rent. I haven't got the time to go to Listen Again and trawl through boring Vine's show, anyone post the main points? There was a trailer for it using the phrase "Landlords report rising demand" or some such.

Jeremy Vine is a reactionary fool (IMHO) and the only contributors to his show are those that are out of touch with or have never been in reality

Edited by Matt Henson

HOLA444
"Tenants report abundance of properties to rent"

I have managed to rent one of these but I would not exactly call this an abundance

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-t...p;k=&ko=any

Almost all are Let agreed, there was a surge of property available in June/July but that has all but gone in our area, even the lets that have been on the market for months are going and only the really shabby stuff is left. I suspect a lot of people are leaving London and as Marlborough sits on the limits of commuter range people are going for a longer commute in favour of lower rental prices, this may translate to more lets in London of course

Edited by Matt Henson

HOLA445
HOLA446

Ridiculously frustrating - properties in same lower end price bracket in different parts of Herts - one's up 3%, one's down 5% - ironically the one that's down is better-placed.

Hmm, hard to draw any conclusions at the moment but if pushed I'll say "summer slump"

HOLA447
Ridiculously frustrating - properties in same lower end price bracket in different parts of Herts - one's up 3%, one's down 5% - ironically the one that's down is better-placed.

Hmm, hard to draw any conclusions at the moment but if pushed I'll say "summer slump"

3 bed properties in around Cambridge looking a bit thin on the ground. More people holding off buying perhaps?

HOLA448
3 bed properties in around Cambridge looking a bit thin on the ground. More people holding off buying perhaps?

'You ain't seen nothing yet'..the rental industry is far, far worse than the EA inductry.

Hence, us renters need protection.

Lets get rid of the 'landlords', and their scummy methods to fleece us.

stand up for your rights.

HOLA449
'You ain't seen nothing yet'..the rental industry is far, far worse than the EA inductry.

The more I read the renting section here the more I feel compensated for the falling value of my house <_<

By the time I add up the additional cost, aggro, pi$$ poor energy efficeincy, agents full stop, having to move when the property has been flipped it almost adds up to my falling house value :o

HOLA4410

Good to see you back Bob.... Not!

Oh slight problem Bob, with no Landlords who are you going to rent from?

HOLA4411
Good to see you back Bob.... Not!

Oh slight problem Bob, with no Landlords who are you going to rent from?

You mean, you don't know?

:lol::lol::lol:

Think Matt, think.

BTW, you're not LL, you're fuzzballs out too fleece the general public of Britain. We got rid of the real landlords centuries ago, and you come creeping back again, a bit like the plague of long ago.

We dealt with the plague, and we'll deal with scummy wannabe landlords.