House Price Crash Forum

Arrogant Developer & Stupid Ea

HOLA441

Before the crash (it is now a crash right?) I sold and wanted to buy in this new development -

www.theislington.com

but guess what - the developer aborted three launches in 2007 deciding instead to wait until the last lick of paint and light bulb were completed (Feb 2008).

In 2007 he could have sold 100% off plan and achieved massive profits.

Instead now its mothballed - shame. :(although the estate agent claims to be "building interest gradually through a teaser campaign"!) :lol:

Luckily I'm now renting but when they decide to launch (they may have to wait 5 years now) I may offer 30% of asking price for a 2 bed.......... :rolleyes: They are well and truly ****ed.

Sleep well.

HOLA442
It's bloody horrible! An eyesore. Why would you want to live there unless it was really cheap? Or you enjoy legions of noisy pissheads outside your window and 2 busy main roads, one on either side.

But but... it's "refined and exclusive 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments in the heart of theatrical Islington"

refined apartments? :blink:

HOLA443

It's bloody horrible! An eyesore. Why would you want to live there unless it was really cheap? Or you enjoy legions of noisy pissheads outside your window and 2 busy main roads, one on either side.

That wooden fascia is awful, I really don't have words to describe it.

This development has been bust before, the original developers ran out of money and the site was a dodgy car park for some years.

HOLA444
Guest Shedfish

i was curious as to who DTZ are -

http://www.dtz.com

"DTZ is a global real estate adviser, working with clients to create leading-edge property, investment and business solutions worldwide."

then it says, rather aptly -

title_market_intelligence.gif

We're sorry there's been an error with our system. If the problem persists, please contact webmaster@dtz.com.

:lol::lol::lol:

w@nkers

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
"theatrical" ??? Islington?

The Old Red Lion down upper street has a theatre in the back. And the Hen and Chickens I guess, though that's down Highbury Corner.

Why anyone would want to live here is beyond me. Unless you love Slug & Lettuce, Walkabout, constant traffic, and all the bams sleeping in the Green outside your window.

HOLA4410
But but... it's "refined and exclusive 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments in the heart of theatrical Islington"

refined apartments? :blink:

Refined - isn't that the process where they take out all the interesting bits?

HOLA4411

I lived close to this for a year, on Danbury Street. I walked past it every day, and I have to agree it is the ugliest development I have seen in a long time. Terrible mix of external materials, and some truely hideous colours.

I actually enjoy living in Islington though. I'm currently on Pentonville Road, but a little one on the way means we will be moving further out of central London next year.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I chuckle every time I wander past this place. Yep, it's definitely the heart of theatrical Islington all right; I've seen plently of pi55ed up Aussies acting like tw@ts at 2am coming out of the Walkabout just opposite.

Oh, they mean a different kind of acting......

HOLA4416
That address just shows a form for more information...is this the development on the corner of Islington Green and the Essex Road, next to Waterstone's?

The reason the website address is just a form for registration is that they have no money left for a full website. :lol:

And I agree with all previous comments - it's a pig-ugly development but no better location in N1 in my opinion.