House Price Crash Forum

Rpo Vs. Rto

HOLA441

1. you screwed up on DNS yesterday. The fix for bind had been out for a while. No excuses there, ns*.fubra.com wasn't answering!

2. Big outage = cowboy op.. I am concerned. you have two DNS names, hinting at 2 servers, hence resilience. Don't tell me you put the same code on both boxes.

3. I wont even talk about resource tier redundancy

I am wondering if you guys have pubes yet? Grow with it.

---edit---

the purpose of the site is worthwhile, please don't let it go to pot. I am sure there are enough people who would help with quality

--end edit ----

Edited by contractor

HOLA442
HOLA443
Two name servers has minimal relevance to a sites resiliency. The two name servers could be on the same /24, for example.

It says nothing about the web serving / MySQL infrastructure.

If I were you I would spend as much time as possible disassociating yourself from that post. You screwed up bad there. Weakest link and all that ;)

HOLA444
1. you screwed up on DNS yesterday. The fix for bind had been out for a while. No excuses there, ns*.fubra.com wasn't answering!

2. Big outage = cowboy op.. I am concerned. you have two DNS names, hinting at 2 servers, hence resilience. Don't tell me you put the same code on both boxes.

3. I wont even talk about resource tier redundancy

I am wondering if you guys have pubes yet? Grow with it.

---edit---

the purpose of the site is worthwhile, please don't let it go to pot. I am sure there are enough people who would help with quality

--end edit ----

What on earth is this post about? Speak English man!

You can rest assured I won't talk about resource tier redundancy either, so at least we agree on something.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
If I were you I would spend as much time as possible disassociating yourself from that post. You screwed up bad there. Weakest link and all that ;)

No ;)

I am, after all, a director for an internet services company, with an annual turnover of approx £2 mil. So I know what I'm talking about ;)