House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W12

Nationwide Numbers Out Thursday

I've seen the headline figure. I'm sorry, I'm trustworthy(ish), so I can't tell you what it is. (Braced for abuse).

Down, heavily, not as much as some months we've had recently, but still slithering down like the Starbucks frappuccinos that estate agents can't afford any more. Or something like that. I spent too long on the beers tonight to remember the embargo, but I think it's either 7.00 or 7.30.

Cue the Green Shoots of Recovery threads!

I've seen the headline figure. I'm sorry, I'm trustworthy(ish), so I can't tell you what it is. (Braced for abuse).

Down, heavily, not as much as some months we've had recently, but still slithering down like the Starbucks frappuccinos that estate agents can't afford any more. Or something like that. I spent too long on the beers tonight to remember the embargo, but I think it's either 7.00 or 7.30.

I'm not interested in Fionulalala's figure(s) anymore. 1% down this month, 2% the next. Boring.

What I want to know is, which month of which year are we back to already?

I'm looking forward to reliving summer 2005 again; I had a great weekend with a bunch of Aussie mates when we won the Ashes.

I suppose it's too much to hope for that we'll be back to the 2003 rugby world cup before the end of this year?

w12 dont risk your job by saying too much!

No, risk all.

HPC is much more important than your own self interest!

1.3% is my guess.

Edited by hostman

Do you want to update my signature for me?

I used to get the data early, but I'm no longer sleeping with ..... :o

:rolleyes:

I'm not interested in Fionulalala's figure(s) anymore. 1% down this month, 2% the next. Boring.

I'm looking forward to reliving summer 2005 again; I had a great weekend with a bunch of Aussie mates when we won the Ashes.

I suppose it's too much to hope for that we'll be back to the 2003 rugby world cup before the end of this year?

We're already into 2004 in real terms on the Nationwide figures!

Looks like you'll have to wait a few years more for that glorious summer 05 to come around again!

The evening standard has let slip -7.5% YoY, i.e. 1.1% MoM

Edited by mirage

I saw it to and confirm that it is going down but not as bad as the worst months. I can also confirm that England will get knocked out in the semis at the next world cup, wont win many medals at the Olympics, or have a local boy win Wimbledon and Labour will loose the next election.

let me guess, 1.6%?

This could be taken a stage further - have Nationwide announce the figures accompanied to a backing track of a song from the era to which prices have returned.

eg. From 2004, bubble popping pickers, its Ryan Cabrera - "On the Way Down"

"Sick and Tired of this world

There's no more air

Trippin' over myself

Goin' nowhere

Waiting

Suffocating

No direction

And I took a dive"

WOW, what a theme tune for the british economy...

Any more suggestions, bubble prickers????

I saw it to and confirm that it is going down but not as bad as the worst months. I can also confirm that England will get knocked out in the semis at the next world cup, wont win many medals at the Olympics, or have a local boy win Wimbledon and Labour will loose the next election.

Edited by gordonbrown

BBC Breakfast, not a squeak - Maybe the presenters can't handle it anymore.

From the Nationwide report ...

The price of a typical house fell by 1.7% in July

The price of a typical house is now £15,000 lower than this time last year

Housing purchase activity reaches a new low

Weakening economic conditions raise the likelihood of earlier interest rate cuts

Headlines July 2008 June 2008

Monthly index * Q1 '93 = 100 336.3 342.0

Monthly change* -1.7% -0.8%

Annual change -8.1% -6.3%

Average price £169,316 £172,415

* seasonally adjusted

Commenting on the figures Fionnuala Earley, Nationwide's Chief Economist, said:

“The price of a typical house fell by 1.7% in July, bringing the annual fall to 8.1%. This brings the average price

to £169,316, almost £15,000 less than this time last year and its lowest level since August 2006. House prices

have now been falling for nine consecutive months, but on average are still almost £11,000 higher than three

years ago.

:lol:

Sh*t the Bed. Thats not bad at all really, is it?