House Price Crash Forum

http://immobilier-revelateur-de-la-nature-humaine.over-blog.com/

Ninon Ingrid and her sad life of an estate agent 1/1/13

Stratégies d' Onc Plusdsou pour continuer a vendre.

Scrooge McDucks strategy to continue to sell.

Friends loyal readers i haven't as yet put the key under the door and i still continue to sell.

This good news might satisfy those who may of been worried about my financial health (as well as mental) but it will annoy others who would like to smash the estate agents and hang them high.

To satisfy there insatiable spirit of vengance.

I have nothing new to tell you apart from prices are still falling between -5% to -7% and that business is tense.

Although the vendors are still living on another planet which is different to mine and the buyers.

I believe that many vendors have still not yet landed as there taste for profit knows only a limited moderation.

Even the media which is pessimist haven't mentioned the greed of the vendors and only articles that mention a small fall but not a collapse are taken into account.

The more alarming articles are simply treat with distaste and are brushed away.

Theres nothing better than a mini-study of the state of the competion in my area.

In 2006 my sector counted 6 agencies including my agency since the beginning of 2013 theres only 2 of us left (YES TWO)

One agency has moved to Toulouse one manager has retired one has died in strange circumstances and another went bankcrupt.

Resulting in 4 agencies that have closed and 7 members of staff that have signed on at the jobcentre.

Today the vendors can't so easily sell there goods and they ask more and more for free évaluations if we accept them all we would be doing half a dozen a day.

This costs time and petrol and it doesn't always work when trying to make them be reasonable about there prices.

Its not often after a free evaluation that you ever hear anything again from them but heres an example of a mail that i recieved.

Madame

I thank you for your visit yesterday you stayed a long time and you gave me good advice i was very happy with the plans and measures that you took this information is useful as well as explaining the diagnostics.

Our meeting has helped me to understand the stages of selling as well as the pitfalls to avoid.

All the same i have decided not to use your services due to your 5% fees i am happy to have recieved your free advice but seeing as i have to pay you if you sell this slows me down alot and i would rather spend your fees on work that still has to be done on the house.

You recommended that i should sell my house for 240K but this seems to me to be far to low.

I plan to sell for 295K with a possible 280K at the lowest.

In any case i won't go below the last figure all the same if i can't sell i might use your agency in the future.

This calls for a change in strategy when it comes to free évaluations!

If the vendor wants a serious evaluation we will give one but if the mandat is not given to our agency within a 4 month delay we will then send them a bill for the time and service.

This announce of an eventual bill has calmed down the vendors only those who are serious about selling despite the fear of a bill flying above there heads accept the others who only want a free evaluation have gone elsewhere.

This strategy permits us to selection the vendors who are serious and motivated from the dreamers and those who are blinded by greed and the vendors who have 5 years in front of them to look for the famous "idiot who wakes up in the morning".

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://immobilier-revelateur-de-la-nature-humaine.over-blog.com/

Ninon Ingrid and her sad life of an estate agent 1/1/13

Stratégies d' Onc Plusdsou pour continuer a vendre.

Scrooge McDucks strategy to continue to sell.

Friends loyal readers i haven't as yet put the key under the door and i still continue to sell.

This good news might satisfy those who may of been worried about my financial health (as well as mental) but it will annoy others who would like to smash the estate agents and hang them high.

To satisfy there insatiable spirit of vengance.

I have nothing new to tell you apart from prices are still falling between -5% to -7% and that business is tense.

Although the vendors are still living on another planet which is different to mine and the buyers.

I believe that many vendors have still not yet landed as there taste for profit knows only a limited moderation.

Even the media which is pessimist haven't mentioned the greed of the vendors and only articles that mention a small fall but not a collapse are taken into account.

The more alarming articles are simply treat with distaste and are brushed away.

Theres nothing better than a mini-study of the state of the competion in my area.

In 2006 my sector counted 6 agencies including my agency since the beginning of 2013 theres only 2 of us left (YES TWO)

One agency has moved to Toulouse one manager has retired one has died in strange circumstances and another went bankcrupt.

Resulting in 4 agencies that have closed and 7 members of staff that have signed on at the jobcentre.

Today the vendors can't so easily sell there goods and they ask more and more for free évaluations if we accept them all we would be doing half a dozen a day.

This costs time and petrol and it doesn't always work when trying to make them be reasonable about there prices.

Its not often after a free evaluation that you ever hear anything again from them but heres an example of a mail that i recieved.

Madame

I thank you for your visit yesterday you stayed a long time and you gave me good advice i was very happy with the plans and measures that you took this information is useful as well as explaining the diagnostics.

Our meeting has helped me to understand the stages of selling as well as the pitfalls to avoid.

All the same i have decided not to use your services due to your 5% fees i am happy to have recieved your free advice but seeing as i have to pay you if you sell this slows me down alot and i would rather spend your fees on work that still has to be done on the house.

You recommended that i should sell my house for 240K but this seems to me to be far to low.

I plan to sell for 295K with a possible 280K at the lowest.

In any case i won't go below the last figure all the same if i can't sell i might use your agency in the future.

This calls for a change in strategy when it comes to free évaluations!

If the vendor wants a serious evaluation we will give one but if the mandat is not given to our agency within a 4 month delay we will then send them a bill for the time and service.

This announce of an eventual bill has calmed down the vendors only those who are serious about selling despite the fear of a bill flying above there heads accept the others who only want a free evaluation have gone elsewhere.

This strategy permits us to selection the vendors who are serious and motivated from the dreamers and those who are blinded by greed and the vendors who have 5 years in front of them to look for the famous "idiot who wakes up in the morning".

Has this woman nothing better to do?

Has this woman nothing better to do?

i don't know why don't you ask her ?

Just post your comments on her blog and maybe she will reply which she often does.

I made a mistake i got the date wrong its the 1st of May 2013 when she published her article.

BTW its only her second post that she has made this year

Ninon Ingrid is an estate agent and she started her blog in April 2009 and today with over 2 million two hundred thousand visits she is famous.

I like reading what she has to say about her sad life in rural France trying to sell property.

She also posts some good images and for me her best one was in 2010 "Wolves disguised as sheep".

Which was her way of describing french peasants or country folk as they call them in UK.

There is alot to be said about Ninon but i can't remember i single post that she has made where she actually managed to sell a house!

The sad life of an estate agent.

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Toute-zone/Actualite/Faits-divers-justice/n/Contenus/Articles/2013/05/18/Arnaque-aux-prets-bancaires-controle-judiciaire-et-prison-1470428

La Nouvelle Republique

The New Republic

Justice Vienne 18/5/13

Arnaque aux prets bancaires.

Bank loan frauders.

The two suspects who were charged yesterday for organised fraud today one has been placed in prison the other under police control.

They are suspected of having contracted 17 bank loans by using fase names to buy property in the region amounting to a total of 1,66 million euros.

These loans were never paid back.

The fraud is simple an English resident who has been living in France for a long time buys land and houses at a low price.

He then sells them on at an expensive price 10 times there real value to his compatriots who all live in the same area in England.

These buyers in turn contact a french bank to finance there purchases by using false documents showing that they are capable of paying back there crédits.

Once the cash is paid into there bank accounts they send the cash to the person who they bought the land/property from which was over valued.

A french company is also involved suspected of providing false bills amounting to a total of 280,000 euros.

They were used for renovation work that had to be spent on the houses that were bought.

These bills were also used to obtain loans from the banks according to the french C.I.D in Poitiers.

The investigation also mentions 250,000 euros for invented services.

Having been placed in police custody the main suspect John Steele at first denied his role but later admited his responsibility he is now in prison.

Mr 3%

The suspected accomplice who provided the fase bills Alain Bellovand has admited in front of a judge his responsibility he recieved a 3% fee and has been placed under poilce control.

The police are now turning there attention to looking for British résidents who live in England real or fictive who managed to take out the loans in France.

Soon a large number of persons are expected to be in front of a judge to explain there role in this massive fraud that has hit the Vienne,L'Indre,Les Deux-Sèvres,le Cher ,L'Allier.

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Toute-zone/Actualite/Faits-divers-justice/n/Contenus/Articles/2013/05/18/Arnaque-aux-prets-bancaires-controle-judiciaire-et-prison-1470428

La Nouvelle Republique

The New Republic

Justice Vienne 18/5/13

Arnaque aux prets bancaires.

Bank loan frauders.

The two suspects who were charged yesterday for organised fraud today one has been placed in prison the other under police control.

They are suspected of having contracted 17 bank loans by using fase names to buy property in the region amounting to a total of 1,66 million euros.

These loans were never paid back.

The fraud is simple an English resident who has been living in France for a long time buys land and houses at a low price.

He then sells them on at an expensive price 10 times there real value to his compatriots who all live in the same area in England.

These buyers in turn contact a french bank to finance there purchases by using false documents showing that they are capable of paying back there crédits.

Once the cash is paid into there bank accounts they send the cash to the person who they bought the land/property from which was over valued.

A french company is also involved suspected of providing false bills amounting to a total of 280,000 euros.

They were used for renovation work that had to be spent on the houses that were bought.

These bills were also used to obtain loans from the banks according to the french C.I.D in Poitiers.

The investigation also mentions 250,000 euros for invented services.

Having been placed in police custody the main suspect John Steele at first denied his role but later admited his responsibility he is now in prison.

Mr 3%

The suspected accomplice who provided the fase bills Alain Bellovand has admited in front of a judge his responsibility he recieved a 3% fee and has been placed under poilce control.

The police are now turning there attention to looking for British résidents who live in England real or fictive who managed to take out the loans in France.

Soon a large number of persons are expected to be in front of a judge to explain there role in this massive fraud that has hit the Vienne,L'Indre,Les Deux-Sèvres,le Cher ,L'Allier.

1.6 million Euros is peanuts for a large number of properties and presumably the profits were divided between many fraudsters.

1.6 million Euros is peanuts for a large number of properties and presumably the profits were divided between many fraudsters.

Only two arrests have been made to date.

The fraud started in the Vienne in April 2008 and came to an end in the Cher in March 2013.

The so called french company seems to what is called here a 'micro company' a husband and wife business.

It was Mr 3% who contacted the banks for the loans he looked after the paperwork When he asked for a mortage the buyers had a lot in common.

Well they were all the same apart from the names and addresses of the English buyers in the UK.

Mr 3% renovation work bills were all imaginary no work was ever done.

As soon as the bank knew that it was a fraud after an internal investigation they put the properties up for auction.

What had been sold for a 100,000 euros was in reality only worth 10,000 euros.

The french police have said that they have located the area in England were they believe that other suspects may found and guess where?

Grimsby.

http://www.liberation.fr/societe/2013/05/23/suicide-d-un-detenu-britannique-a-la-prison-de-poitiers-vivonne_905055

Liberation 23/5/13

Suicide d' detenu britannique a la prison de Poitiers.

Suicide of a British prisonner in the prison of Poitiers.

A 38 year old British man who had been living in France for several years and who had been charged and jailed last Friday for fraud was found hanged in his cell last Tuesday.

He was found dead at 2pm on Tuesday hanged at the window of his cell with a belt.

Considered as being potentially suicidal he was discovered by prison guards whilst they were doing there rounds.

He was said to be the 'brain' behind a 1.66 million euros french bank loan fraud.

• 3 weeks later...

You can see by the comments which follow the DM article that most people reading it find the whole business of the unlikely marriage and the accidental/sudden death rather suspicious. :unsure:

Just a quick point. The wife cannot be "cut out of the will"as the DM states. The French law is pretty strict on inheritance. She will have, as a minimum, a life interest in his property (usufruit) or can take 25% of the whole. The only exceptions are if they were in the process of divorce or for "ingratitude" - attempted murder of the spouse or other serious issues.

Of course the usufruit of farmland may not be much use to her.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't be blinded by a cheap renovation job inspect everything with a magnifying glass.

What a sensible thing to say ....never buy when the sun is shining and you have had a few glasses of wine before you decide to buy.

In fact best to rent for a few years anyway under present conditions

As always prices are doing different things in different places.

Parts of Paris stable while others fall.....nothing new there but the general trend is downwards due to difficult credit conditions.

I have recently had two offers on Paris flats and there is certainly difficulty and caution from the banks regarding credit.

On a positive note you can't stop the sun shining and the people being great, and that is a major reason for people from other countries moving to France.

Re: Tax........ C.G.T.Tax has resulted in tax take falls and plans are in hand to reduce it buy some 11% as compared to the current regulations. in force.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Don't be blinded by a cheap renovation job inspect everything with a magnifying glass.

What a sensible thing to say ....never buy when the sun is shining and you have had a few glasses of wine before you decide to buy.

Parts of Paris stable while others fall.....nothing new there but the general trend is downwards due to difficult credit conditions.

I have recently had two offers on Paris flats and there is certainly difficulty and caution from the banks regarding credit.

On a positive note you can't stop the sun shining and the people being great, and that is a major reason for people from other countries moving to France.

Re: Tax........ C.G.T.Tax has resulted in tax take falls and plans are in hand to reduce it buy some 11% as compared to the current regulations. in force.

• Well spotted picnic. And I just found this link .... in Alpine.property.com's blog. (They give their own link to Le Figaro.)
  • Will it equally apply to the sale of any property located outside of France, if seller is tax resident in France ie no CGT to pay in France if the 'foreign' (non-French) property has been owned for > 22 yrs?
  • The tax rules in France never stay still do they? So it's quite hard (for a lay person) to get up to speed and keep on top of the situation from outside of France. :blink: Therefore, appreciate the heads up on that proposed U turn.

You can see by the comments which follow the DM article that most people reading it find the whole business of the unlikely marriage and the accidental/sudden death rather suspicious. :unsure:

It was an accident thats all the driver of the car has been taken to court and walked free last month no foul play.

Theres more news out today about this couple but i am not going to post it because its all turned into some sort of media voyeurism.

Yes it is hot.

When you talk about Paris just what do you mean by Paris are you talking about Paris dept 75 or ile de France?

In laymans terms "region parisienne" made up of 8 depts and 1301 communes and a population of just over 11 million.

The new CGT Tax changes will only apply to second or holiday homes and it is not yet law so nothing has changed.

Having said that what they give in one hand they might find a way of taking back in another but we will see.

Theres lots of news about the state of the market in Paris also Paris is the capital of empty property a total of 193,000 are empty.

I have some catching up to do about french property in general.

Such as the Pyrenees Orientales and Perpignan the Pays Basque and Cannes also the Apollonia fraud .

http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/2013/06/22/et-pourquoi-pas-aubusson_3434746_3232.html

Le Monde 21/6/13

Et pourquoi pas Aubusson?

And why not Aubusson?

The train is leaving in 5 minutes and Ada is still waiting for her rendez-vous.

She is annoyed with herself for having found a recruiting agency on internet.They offered to pay the journey to Aubusson in the Creuse just a visit to see if she might go to live there and work.

Today France is a victim of the medical desert and we need foreigners said the advert.

Ada comes from Cuba and she is 40 years old.

Just as the train starts up a man comes and sits next to her its Sylvain Blondin "expert in management".

He starts by explaining the french health system but Ada already knows .

Her life has already known lots of dead ends first of all Havana then her marriage in Pau with a teacher in 2006.

France does not recognize her diplomas she can only be an auxiliary nurse or nothing!

Then it was Madrid the long journeys low pay and rotten hours.

When the crisis hit Spain the exil started for the doctors.

Ada also discovered that having worked there for three years she could now be a doctor in France.

The journey to Aubusson continues by coach in the middle of fields near the hamlets that are often called "villages" if they have shop.

At last Aubusson with its 3,800 habitants and 20,000 in the vicinity five doctors and four chemists there does not exist a map of the medical desert in France.

Phillippe an estate agent shows them the surgery just the name 'Creuse' scares people according to him.

A legend that dates back to the 1950's when the wife of a doctor who came for a job interview well she stopped and turned around in the high street and refused to go any further.

Ada dares not to think of the talk that she will have with her husband when she gets back home.

He will tell her that "Its a hole".

In the cobbled streets amongst the ruined houses.

"They don't welcome you with open arms it takes along time to be accepted you will know that they have accepted you the day that they offer you a cup of coffee".

It starts to rain and Ada and Blondin run to a café.

Blondin says that his wife is from Romania and he started to recruit Romanian doctors in 2006 but today nobody wants them due to problems a few packed there bags and left stealing everything as well.

Then it was the turn of the Italians and the Spainish but the failure rate is 80%.

A chemist takes Blondin and Ada out for a meal its almost midnight when Blondin pushes back the plates.

"So Ada what are your thoughts?"

The chemist believes that she will say no.

Ada thinks fast if she refuses just when will she be offered another job?

she wants to be a doctor and as for her husband too bad for him.

"I am available to do what the others don't want to do".

Agreed about Autumn being ripe for some big falls....

Was in the Var last week doing a bit of a reconaissance, every single estate agents I looked in was deserted, bar none, local property mags full to the brim. One really telling sight was a home-made "for sale" sign for a 4 bed detached villa on 25 ares between St. Maxime and Grimaud - now if people are resorting to this for "prime" property like that it must be getting bad.

I reckon some cheeky offers for land in that area in Autumn may be on the cards for me.

All about purchasing in Autumn

http://www.lindependant.fr/2013/06/23/a-le-marche-de-l-immobilier-poursuit-sa-chute-en-2013,1767110.php

L'Independant 22/6/13

Le marché de l'immobilier des P-O poursuit sa chute en 2013.

The property market in the P-O continues its fall in 2013.

2012 was a particulary morose year on the property front.The first six months has confirmed this trend the sector is waiting for changes especially CGT laws that are promised for next September.

This could permit according to the notarys and the FNAIM by "giving a little air and dynamics to a dead property market that is victim of a local economy that is in a state of decay".

The coast laughs the mountains are crying.

Alexis from the FNAIM in the Pyrénnés-Orientales says.

"The holiday home market in the mountains is completely blocked and is disaster-stricken due to the new 2012 CGT laws".

"The coast is still a safe haven especially in the area of 'Collioure' it seems to have escaped the morose atmosphere".

Strong sales falls in Perpignan.

The first quarter fall is in the order of 30% a paradox when interest rates are low but the banks are reluctant to lend also households are in deep debt due to consumer loans.

The rental market is stable and attractive for those who cannot buy.

We are now seeing adults who are going back to live with there parents due to the crisis and high unemployment + 15,4% in the last year.

http://www.letelegramme.fr/ig/generales/france-monde/france/immobilier-l-acheteur-roi-du-marche-12-07-2013-2169008.php

Le télégramme 12/7/13

Brittany.

Immobilier l'acheteur roi du marché Breton.

Property The buyer king of the Brittany market.

Quote.

A lack of confidance in the future unstable taxes,stagnant spending power difficulties in obtaining credit and contempt from investors.

All of the conditions are united to make property prices fall in a market where a buyer is so rare that it is he who makes his law!

A general fall in prices.

New or old flats houses,land nothing escapes the price drops in the Brittany property market.

First time buyers are rare and the investors are absent.

Over the last 12 months sales have fallen by 22%.

New property has gone down like a lead weight due to high building costs and new construction laws.

As for the investors they have evaporated due to new rental laws and the fear of not being paid.

New Flats.

The number of transactions has fallen by 47% and prices have dropped by 2.4%.

Houses.

The average price has dropped by 1.8% and is situated at 167,000 euros.

In the Cotes d'Armor the volumes and the prices are collapsing.

The Coast.

Coastal property never got over the 2008 crisis its dominated by holiday homes and the vendors are using the "no drop,no sale" method.

In the Finistére we are seeing a real crisis in holiday homes and nearly all of the property has been taken off the market.

I haven't been to Cannes this year but normally even in May you get squashed in like sardinnes on the beach. I was in the South however in the last week of August before "la rentrée". In previous years this has been busy, especially with families soaking up the last rays of summer and who prefer holidaying outside the main 15 July - 15 August period. I would estimate around 25% few people. A straw poll of hotels suggests they had lots of vacancies with people staying for shorter breaks (4 days rather than 7). Some restaurants had already given up for the season and shut up shop.

I heard the 25% figure bandied about by tourist organisations for Corsica and of course Brittany had a dreadful start to the summer, 50% down in June/July due to rain.

Some of this may be down to changing tastes of tourists and not economic reasons.

I am in Cannes now. 50% of the apartments seem unused?! One taxi driver told me that he has 30% less business compared to last year. Getting a hotel room seems no problem at all. A reservation in a popular place like Le Baoli is not necessary. In general the place does not seem busy. BUT this may all change the weekend.

http://www.courrierinternational.com/article/2013/07/04/montpellier-la-face-sombre-d-un-midi-de-carte-postale

Courrier International 4/7/13

France

Montpellier la France sombre d'un midi de carte postale.

Montpellier The dark side of the midi post card.

My wife and i have been living in France for the last nine months in a town near the Med no its not exactly what you think.

Its not Paris nor the cote d'Azur not even a pretty village overlooking the wine yards.

We are living in Montpellier the biggest town in the region and one of the poorest in France.

The Languedoc-Roussillon has the highest unemployment rates in France.

In other words we are living in the "rust belt".

Before leaving the states and and just as most americans we had an image of France that is made up of lively cafés and castles the 'foie gras' and good wine at an hour.

We are living in the center of medieval Montpellier on the 5th floor in a building that dates back to the 18th century.

Outside the streets are narrow and tortured you could jump from roof to roof.

We buy our bread every morning and drink a tiny cup of coffee in the local café.

We are living in idyillic France that we had always imagined.

But here another France superposes our idyillic France.

Nomad punks the young unemployed the roms who play at being deaf and dumb.

The groups of mad drunks who sleep in the streets with there hungry dogs.

The far away suburbs are full of immigrants from North Africa that have turned into ghettos.

Ignored and forgotten about by french society.

We came here because my wife had found a teaching job at the University of Montpellier at first we did not know the different areas of the town.

So we rented a room for the first week in Figuerolles-Gambetta in a decaying house with a view of wasteland and graffiti.

In the nearby streets the shop signs are in arabic a mixture of kebab shops and fishmongers.

At the end of the tram-line the suburb of La Mosson built in the 1960's.

Today it looks like an under-developed country decaying blocks of flats with balconys that are covered with parabolic dishes.

When walking down 'rue de la loge' and we cross the square anyday of the week you will come across lots of campments.

The young with there dread-locks girls and boys sitting on there greasy ruck sacks drinking cans of beer at night-time they p*ss in the streets.

There is also a group of punks who spend there time getting drunk and beating there dogs all day long.

A 'garden of the homeless'.

Montpellier has a population of 300,000 and there are far to many tramps than there should be.

And what do the french do?

They pretend not to see or hear about social problems.You could live happily in Montpellier just as long as you don't put a foot in La Mosson.

The harsh reality is to be seen everywhere in France these people who sleep and die in the streets the begging children the dangerous suburbs.

Far away at the end of the tram-line;

http://www.courrierinternational.com/article/2013/07/04/montpellier-la-face-sombre-d-un-midi-de-carte-postale

Courrier International 4/7/13

France

Montpellier la France sombre d'un midi de carte postale.

Montpellier The dark side of the midi post card.

My wife and i have been living in France for the last nine months in a town near the Med no its not exactly what you think.

Its not Paris nor the cote d'Azur not even a pretty village overlooking the wine yards.

We are living in Montpellier the biggest town in the region and one of the poorest in France.

The Languedoc-Roussillon has the highest unemployment rates in France.

In other words we are living in the "rust belt".

Before leaving the states and and just as most americans we had an image of France that is made up of lively cafés and castles the 'foie gras' and good wine at an hour.

We are living in the center of medieval Montpellier on the 5th floor in a building that dates back to the 18th century.

Outside the streets are narrow and tortured you could jump from roof to roof.

We buy our bread every morning and drink a tiny cup of coffee in the local café.

We are living in idyillic France that we had always imagined.

But here another France superposes our idyillic France.

Nomad punks the young unemployed the roms who play at being deaf and dumb.

The groups of mad drunks who sleep in the streets with there hungry dogs.

The far away suburbs are full of immigrants from North Africa that have turned into ghettos.

Ignored and forgotten about by french society.

We came here because my wife had found a teaching job at the University of Montpellier at first we did not know the different areas of the town.

So we rented a room for the first week in Figuerolles-Gambetta in a decaying house with a view of wasteland and graffiti.

In the nearby streets the shop signs are in arabic a mixture of kebab shops and fishmongers.

At the end of the tram-line the suburb of La Mosson built in the 1960's.

Today it looks like an under-developed country decaying blocks of flats with balconys that are covered with parabolic dishes.

When walking down 'rue de la loge' and we cross the square anyday of the week you will come across lots of campments.

The young with there dread-locks girls and boys sitting on there greasy ruck sacks drinking cans of beer at night-time they p*ss in the streets.

There is also a group of punks who spend there time getting drunk and beating there dogs all day long.

A 'garden of the homeless'.

Montpellier has a population of 300,000 and there are far to many tramps than there should be.

And what do the french do?

They pretend not to see or hear about social problems.You could live happily in Montpellier just as long as you don't put a foot in La Mosson.

The harsh reality is to be seen everywhere in France these people who sleep and die in the streets the begging children the dangerous suburbs.

Far away at the end of the tram-line;

When are the next riots due? The French are usually pretty agitated in September/October after the rentrée. So about then I guess.

I've got to work/stay 4 days a week in the Parisian suburbs from October onwards, I won't be taking my car!

Le nouvel observateur. 17/7/13

La derniére hausse à Paris?

The last rise in Paris?

The history of property prices in Paris is like a tango .......in Paris !

The latest barometer and its the 50th edition of its sort our friends at 'best agents.com' say that we are now at our fourth consecutive rise since the spring......before the fall at the start of the new school year.

Indeed there is also the latest invention from Insee that was presented by a fanfare of drums and trumpets its called the 'seasonal effect'.

We have known for a long-time that summer prices tend to go up (when compared to average prices over the year) and winter prices tend to go down of course!

This only creates even more confusion when it comes to real price figures and trends this only disturbs journalists who's job it is to inform the good people of buyers and vendors.

Here is todays press release from 'best agents' good reading and good luck !!

The fourth consecutive rise of prices in Paris in July +0,4% (+0,3% for small surface areas and +0,4% for big surface areas)

Slight price increases in the suburbs +0,1% in the small and big crown.

Despite last months increase prices in Paris have fallen by -0,2% since the start of the year and -3,8% since June 2011.

The two engines that have been powering the price rises have now stopped.

Interest rates are no longer falling and are slowly going back up.

The seasonal demand for big family surface areas has now stopped .

Best agents confirmes its scenario of a drop of 0 to -5% in 2013.

When are the next riots due?

http://www.leparisien.fr/yvelines-78/yvelines-echauffourees-devant-le-commissariat-de-trappes-19-07-2013-2994027.php

last night actually in a place called Trappes in the Yvelines (region parisienne) 200 to 400 rioters attacked a police station!

Theres a video and a photo album on this link from today's Parisien.

Redwine ( and everyone else ) when I talk about Paris I refer only to the 20 Arrondisments .

I really hope they don't have more riots ( as I sold my underground parking ) but I suspect that you will be correct unfortunately

Off to the pool to cool down

best wishes Picnic.