House Price Crash Forum

http://immobilier.nouvelobs.com/actualites/france/20110909.CHA7713/taxation_des_plus_values_immobilieres_pas_de_changement_au_senat.html

Nouvelobs 9/9/11

Taxation des plus -values immobilierès pas de changement au Sénat

Taxation of capital gains tax property no change at the senate

The senate has confirmed today the reform of CGT unless of course an appeal is made

The tax reform of CGT property has now been adopted for good

The senate did not modify the text voted by the G'vt

Therefore there will be no more votes!

The new tax reform applies to sales signed at the notarys office after the 1st of Febuary 2012

Which is more or less sales promises signed after the 1st of December 2011

The law will apply to all property sales "except your main home" meaning

Holiday or second home

Land

BTL or investement or let property

Social taxes will increase to 32.5% instead of 31.3% today

Land depending upon the region or town total tax up from 38.5% to 42.5%

No CGT reduction on second homes before it was 15 years today 30 years

The reduction

up to 5 years ZERO

2% a year 6 to 16 years

4% """""""17 to 24

8% 25 to 30

IMHO i always thought that they would get there holiday home tax but they did it in another way thats all

Sell before the end of this year if you want your CGT profit time is running out !

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2011/09/08/01016-20110908ARTFIG00438-l-etrange-disparition-du-marie-de-serre-chevalier.php

How about a love-story in the French alps but when the bride is an estate agent well your asking for trouble!

Le figaro 9/9/11

L'étrange disparition du marié de Serre Chevalier

The strange disappearance of the groom from Serre Chevalier

A retired farmer owner of much sought after land at the foot of the ski-station of Serre Chevalier has vanished since his wedding with an estate agent from Paris

Its a "love in the meadow" that has turned into a drama

Marcel Amphoux 67 years old has not been seen since last saturday when he left the village in the arm of his new wife Sandrine Devillard a 42 year old estate agent from Paris

During the wedding a few people including the mayor heard Marcel say

"I don't want to be married"

"I didn't have any choice"

"They came and got me"

The affair is even more troubled because the retired farmer owns several propertys and land at the foot of the ski-station worth 3,500 euros the M2

The locals did not like madame and they even whistled and shouted insults at her during the wedding!

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/on-s-aime-qu-on-nous-fiche-la-paix-09-09-2011-1599009.php

Leparisien

"On s'aime,qu' on nous fiche la paix"

Sandrine épouse de Marcel

We are in love now leave us in peace

Sandrine the wife of Marcel

Strapped up in a brand new black suit Marcel seems to be a little lost over-taken by the controversy surrounding his marriage

He seems to have discovered for the first time to busy roads of Paris!

In his village others thought that he had been kidnapped by his new wife

"We are on our honey-moon now leave us in peace!

Says Sandrine

"I am not the 'black widow" as others seem to believe"

"We love each other and live together and thats all,Okay Marcel?

Yes yes splutters Marcel

They are renters of Marcel who stopped paying there rent but when i took over things changed and now they want revenge!

Six years ago Sandrine ran a beauty parlour in Paris

"More like a 'massage parlour' says Pierre an old neighbour

Everything was closed hidden the only way to get in was to ring a door-bell

The only clients were men

The neighbours complained to the police

Today Michel who now runs a new business in the ex beauty parlour said

"When i took it over i got a shock everything was sordid even last winter there were still lots of dirty-men hanging around"

Sandrine" for the people in the village iam an outsider they are jealous"

"Does my husband look unhappy your happy aren't you Marcel?"

Marcel just nods his head

BTW all of France is following this its even on the radio it must be true love!

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2011/09/10/1164080-hautes-alpes-la-mariee-est-elle-trop-belle-pour-marcel.html

This is ladepeche reaction to the Parisien yesterday the articles nearly all say the same thing but with new facts

Haute-Alpes La mariee est-elle trop belle pour Marcel?

Haute Alps The bride is she to beautiful for Marcel?

Nearly all of the 520 locals are shocked that Marcel a very rich retired farmer but not good-looking has married the beautiful Parisienne

But one thing is clear for nearly all of the village!

This blond who has a big pair of tits is only after Marcels cash!

The old boy is about as attractive as the "ace of spades" but he is also the number 1 land owner in the village

Even the mayor asked questions about her real motive for wanting to marry him

I even went to the police to ask them to investigate

I had my doubts a girl like that who fell in love with Marcel ?

She met her dear and tender Marcel whilst on holiday in the region

She also says that she owns more property than him

Today they eat in the best restaurants in Paris and drive around in beautiful cars

The others are only jealous

Theres a photo of the newly weds on this link

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2011/09/10/1164080-hautes-alpes-la-mariee-est-elle-trop-belle-pour-marcel.html

This is ladepeche reaction to the Parisien yesterday the articles nearly all say the same thing but with new facts

Haute-Alpes La mariee est-elle trop belle pour Marcel?

Haute Alps The bride is she to beautiful for Marcel?

Nearly all of the 520 locals are shocked that Marcel a very rich retired farmer but not good-looking has married the beautiful Parisienne

But one thing is clear for nearly all of the village!

This blond who has a big pair of tits is only after Marcels cash!

The old boy is about as attractive as the "ace of spades" but he is also the number 1 land owner in the village

Even the mayor asked questions about her real motive for wanting to marry him

I even went to the police to ask them to investigate

I had my doubts a girl like that who fell in love with Marcel ?

She met her dear and tender Marcel whilst on holiday in the region

She also says that she owns more property than him

Today they eat in the best restaurants in Paris and drive around in beautiful cars

The others are only jealous

Theres a photo of the newly weds on this link

Smart girl - not too squeamish by the look of it either.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iYQMgPUDHIShlS2uCGNKsQwGYWtA?docId=CNG.f8430190acdf781c5f90d76686fcc52c.811

A Paris l'insalubrité a diminué,mais touche encore les plus fragile

In Paris the insalubrious (property) has decreased but still touches the most precarious

AFP 13/9/11

Paris-Six years after a fire that caused the deaths of 17 people in a timeworn building in Paris

Insalubrious accommodation has decreased in the capital but it hasn't disappeared

Familys in a precarious situation are at the mercy of property owners with little or no scruples

This is the case of Malika 38 years old who lives with her companion and there four children in a 22m2 flat on the 5th floor of a building in the 17th district of Paris

Rent 700 euros a month

In her home the walls are covered in mould the furniture is rotten due to the dampness

The wiring is out of date

The air vents just like certain radiators don't work

In the summer its like a sauna in the winter its like siberia

The owner refuses to do any repair work

I have been on the council list in Paris for the last 11 years

There exists a 'pocket' of "servants rooms' smaller than 9m2 and are difficult to identify because those who live in these conditions are often in a poor social situation

Many are threatened by there landlords

According to an urban report last May

174,600 private (rented out) accomodations were unworthy of Paris

So just to keep to the point for a moment...

Website MeilleursAgents.com, which collects data on house sales, announced earlier this week that it had seen Paris prices fall in the last two months by 3 percent accompanied by a drop in the number of transactions.

So why do the Paris property rampers (selling mainly to north americans ) not get this info onto their sites???

Website MeilleursAgents.com, which collects data on house sales, announced earlier this week that it had seen Paris prices fall in the last two months by 3 percent accompanied by a drop in the number of transactions.

So why do the Paris property rampers (selling mainly to north americans ) not get this info onto their sites???

http://www.arretsurimages.net/vite.php?id=11992

9/9/2011

Immobilier Paris flamme t-il?

Property Paris is it ablaze?

So how is the property market getting along?

For the Figaro and Liberation prices have fallen in Paris but Le Parisien says that "property is still ablaze in the capital"

The Echos are betting a price fall but at a later date

They all have one thing in common the latest and the same notarys study!

"At last good news for those who want to buy property in Paris according to notarys in Paris prices have fallen by 1.2% " wrote the Figaro and Liberation

Le Parisien using the same notarys study but with different figures

"According to notarys it costs 8150 euros the M2 in Paris figures for the second term 2011 or a price rise of 22.5% over the last year the highest since the last 22 years"

The Echos more prudent using "sales promises" says that prices will stop rising in Paris in October

This is the art of how you can interpret the same source of information in three different ways

http://immobilier-revelateur-de-la-nature-humaine.over-blog.com/

Ninon Ingrid and her sad life of an estate agent 21/9/11

Le vent tourne deja sur le marche immobilier

The wind is already turning on the property market

The barometer of Seloger.com thus conclured for the month of august 2011

A slow down of property prices in France

A difficult economic climate and rising interest rates is provoking a situation of waiting for the buyers

The vendors will have to cut there prices or the market will grind to a halt

Nothing today in the press is really concrete

Indeed the figures given by the notarys are at least six months behind the latest sales

The market has now entered a downward cycle

The reality in my agency in Toulouse

Internet visits are down by -15%

Telephone enquiries """""-15%

Only 15 to 17 visits a week

Real sales prices are down by -1 to-2% in the last three weeks

In another agency very serious with a good reputation sales figures are down by -15%

A very good diagnostics (dpe law) says that he hasn't much work since the 15/8/11

Holiday homes have already been taken off the market due to the new CGT laws

Yet despite all of these warnings vendors refuse to change there prices

I was called in by a vendor to evalue her house

I told her that it was probably worth 650K (i was over pricing) for her seductive 1930's house that needs to be re-freshed ie

re-painted new wallpaper electrics etc

With an inimate garden (tiny) and the garage with the low roof (smart and mini only)

She told me "are you kidding its up for same with several agencies for 1,150,000 euros"

I looked for the way out i knew that the vendor was going on a 8 year for sale crusade

For 2012 and the time that it will take for the vendors to drop there prices the market will grind to a halt

I was called in by a vendor to evalue her house

I told her that it was probably worth 650K (i was over pricing) for her seductive 1930's house that needs to be re-freshed ie

re-painted new wallpaper electrics etc

With an inimate garden (tiny) and the garage with the low roof (smart and mini only)

She told me "are you kidding its up for same with several agencies for 1,150,000 euros"

I looked for the way out i knew that the vendor was going on a 8 year for sale crusade

For 2012 and the time that it will take for the vendors to drop there prices the market will grind to a halt

Already happening around here, cote d'azur, for houses. 1-2 bed flats still sell , if near beach and good condition.

House sales. Dead.

3 properties within 2 mins of me. One has been for sale for 3 yrs nearly. Half-finished and price is Disnleyland figure. I suspect money laundering....

2nd, asking about 30% higher than anything sold around it. That's 30% higher than a 2007 estimate. Fantasy. Seller looking to retire and move away with cash sale.

3rd. For Sale Board has been up and down more times that DSK's trousers B)

Had a colleague who sold in summer. Took price hit of -25% of his asking price. Got the same amount back that he paid for in 2005, and just avoided negative equity. He was lucky. 1000s won't be....

Hello Picnic and its nice to see that you still posting seeing as it was you that created this thread

TBH i wanted to continue with my Paris post( number 1434 )but i did not because as they say here in France "its like that"

The court trail for the the 17 dead 14 children and 3 adults in August 2005

The arsonist was never found by the police or maybe they did not look for him?

Seeing as they were all black immigrants!

A trail but nobody will go to prison

The new tax or maybe on landlords who own and rent out the "servants rooms " in Paris along with other new property taxes that will go through parliament at the end of October

The real problem is that French Property is a thread not like a regional forum (although many seem to be as dead as a dodo )

Once a month somebody comes along and says this is boring or posts some one off news item just to keep the forum alive

You have a better chance of finding life on Mars than property news on certain regional forums

Hence the problem with the French Thread its often difficult to follow up on news items

Already happening around here, cote d'azur, for houses. 1-2 bed flats still sell , if near beach and good condition.

House sales. Dead.

I agree with you with everybody seems to want to buy a flat !

However there reasons are due to economics

1 less tax hab and tax fonc to pay a smaller surface to tax

2 cheaper heating costs with high gas bills BTW they are talking about a rise of 5% on gas

3 A house with a garden is alot of work for those of a "certain age" and it can becomefar to much work and expensive as well

4 French house are nice in the summer not the winter due to bad insolation etc

I am sure that theres lots of other problems as well

http://www.latribune.fr/vos-finances/impots/20110915trib000649496/de-combien-les-impots-locaux-ont-ils-augmente-dans-votre-ville-.html

La Tribune 19/9/11

De combien les impots locaux ont ils augmente dans votre ville ?

How much have local taxes gone up in your town ?

A moderated rise of 0.9% on average (this year) for local taxes which are the Tax Hab and the Tax Fonc

Taxes for 41 towns with a pop of over 100,000

Tax Hab

976 euros on average or +0.9%

Paris is the lowest with an average of 444 euros

The highest is Perpignan 1,127 euros followed by Rennes 1,144 euros

Lowest % rises are Toulouse and Nimes +0,1% and 0,2%

Highest % rises are Angers and Marseille +10% and +13,4%

Tax Fonc

961 euros on average on the rise by +2,7%

The lowest in France Villeurbane 548 euros then Lille 562 euros

The highest are Montpellier 1,270 euros followed by Nimes 1,215 euros

BTW theres a list of towns on this link that shows the two taxes and you will be recieving your bill in the next few days or so

but no one would want to live in Villeurbane... well unless they fancy Algiers without the sea.

I wouldn't say that Villeurbane is the worst of many bad areas in Lyon

Venissieux and Rillieux-la-Pape as well as Vaulx-en-Velin spring to mind

Rillieux-la-Pape i remember going there once and i got a shock

What a place everybody seems to live in high rise flats

No French or very few are to be seen there

Crime rules with nice street names like

Avenue Général Leclerc a rather fitting name seeing as today a Leclerc is a French tank and the police are going to need a tank to go in there!

There is also on the dual carriage way when you are heading to Bron or St Etienne a block of flats that you can see from your car

It looks like a ghetto after driven past it well over 500 times even today i can't believe that anybody would want to live there!

apparently "les Etats Unis" is the worst bit of Lyon although it is really just an adjunct to Vénissieux. Vénissieux has a bad reputation after a problem with a mad mullah a few years ago.

Still a lot of these places are not as bad as their reputations, well at least during the hours of daylight.

apparently "les Etats Unis" is the worst bit of Lyon although it is really just an adjunct to Vénissieux. Vénissieux has a bad reputation after a problem with a mad mullah a few years ago.

Still a lot of these places are not as bad as their reputations, well at least during the hours of daylight.

I have never been to 'les Etats Unis' the areas that i know well are Perrache and Tassin la demi lune

I liked Perrache during my student years i spent a year there with my UK university exchange scheme

A place next to the city centre and handy for the Eurolines coaches back to London!

Tassin is okay but highly overated property is very expensive there

They have the N7 as there high street but i nice looking clock on a round about

Lots of traffic!

http://www.vousnousils.fr/2011/09/23/australiens-sud-africains-et-americains-attires-par-la-french-way-of-life-513558

Australiens Sud-Africans et Americans attires par la "French way of life"

Australians ,South Africans and Americans attracted by the "French way of life"

AFP yesterday

Australians,South Africans and Americans are showing more interest in the French property market attracted by the French way of life

The art of living à la francaise according to a study by BNP Parisbas

The Britsh

There part of the market has continued to fall since 2008 but still remains stable at 11,2% (2010)

Some regions the Bourgogne ,PACA and Languedoc-Rousillon have even seen an up-turn

The other two major non-resident buyers are the Portuguese 13% and French ex-pats 12%

Worth remarking are the new buyers from outside of Europe these are the

Australians

South Africans

New-Zealanders and the Americans

The EAs questioned in the study say that the market is becoming more and more international

Future buyers are prepared to come to France from far away countries to enjoy the "French way of life"

Half of the future buyers only want to buy in France

French property is an excellent investment

A diversity of cultures and an authentic way of life

France also offers great leisure activity

The study by telephone in May 2011 asked a 155 persons who already own property in France and already financed by BNP along with 30 interviews with EAs

IMHO Pure propoganda you can see the" Rugby World Cup" effect here a telephone study with those who pay credit to BNP along with 30 EAs is not to be taken seriously

http://www.challenges.fr/actualite/monde/20110926.CHA4643/residences-secondaires-les-britanniques-preferent-la-france.html

Challenges 26/9/11

Residences secondaires les Britanniques preferent la france

Second homes the British prefer La France

Our British neighbours have deserted Spain and its instable property market to invest in France (according to a British study)

Today the British prefer France rather than Spain when it comes to buying a "second home"

France is today the country that the English,Scottish and Welsh prefer according to a study made by the property group Savallis and the internet site HomeAway

Our British neighbours look for "traditional property" with easy access

Also the image of stability that the french property market shows not like in Spain

The study shows that the British buy there property next to bars,restaurants,beaches and airports

They like cultural events and golf-courses!

A readers reply

Its a scandal that the British buy 'second homes' in france

This prevents the locals from finding homes at a reasonable price thus blowing up the property bubble the tax fonc and local taxes!

IMHO No real facts such as how much property has been bought just propoganda and this is the good weather effect we are having an indian summer over 25c everyday

http://www.challenges.fr/actualite/monde/20110926.CHA4643/residences-secondaires-les-britanniques-preferent-la-france.html

Challenges 26/9/11

Residences secondaires les Britanniques preferent la france

Second homes the British prefer La France

Our British neighbours have deserted Spain and its instable property market to invest in France (according to a British study)

Today the British prefer France rather than Spain when it comes to buying a "second home"

France is today the country that the English,Scottish and Welsh prefer according to a study made by the property group Savallis and the internet site HomeAway

Our British neighbours look for "traditional property" with easy access

Also the image of stability that the french property market shows not like in Spain

The study shows that the British buy there property next to bars,restaurants,beaches and airports

They like cultural events and golf-courses!

A readers reply

Its a scandal that the British buy 'second homes' in france

This prevents the locals from finding homes at a reasonable price thus blowing up the property bubble the tax fonc and local taxes!

IMHO No real facts such as how much property has been bought just propoganda and this is the good weather effect we are having an indian summer over 25c everyday

To be fair at least the Froggies don't generally withdraw your planning permission 15 years later and knock your house down because the developer had bribed the mayor to get permission for your development which was then, oddly enough, sold only to foreigners.

I also prefer France, but lets be realistic here, if one can live in Spain for only 1/5th of the price (probably we have not reached that stage yet), then even I will give France a miss.

Strange things are happening these days, so I will not try to defend this logic too much, but seems common sense to me.

I also prefer France, but lets be realistic here, if one can live in Spain for only 1/5th of the price (probably we have not reached that stage yet), then even I will give France a miss.

Strange things are happening these days, so I will not try to defend this logic too much, but seems common sense to me.

If price is your only consideration, then you could buy in Bulgaria or Morocco right now.

Spain is the choice for many Brits due to having an large enclave of Brits already on-site and having little or no need to speak Spanish. They tend to congregate along the east coast. Not many venture to Madrid, or the far west of Vigo etc.

France has a smaller amount of Brits, spread more evenly over the country. Hence the herd effect is less. Price is only one factor.

http://www.lecourrier.es/2011/09/les-prix-de-limmobilier-continuent-de-chuter/

Le Courrier d'Espagne

Le journal Francais d'Espagne

The French newspaper of Spain 22/9/11

Les prix de l'immobiler continuent de chuter

The price of property continues to fall

Just until when will the price of property continue to fall in Spain?

This is the question that we now are asking after the publication of figures for the second quarter 2011 by the Spainish stats agency INA

Showing a new fall of 6,8%

The new price falls concern all of Spain and especially

l'Estremaude -7,8%

Madrid -7,8%

The islands are less affected

Balearus -3,9%

Canaries -5,9%

Property prices first started there dizzy fall during the second quarter of 2008 and they have never gone back up since

Thirteen continual price falls or -23% since 2008 (G'vt figures)

Property experts say that they are pessimistic for the near future

The rest of this year will be very difficult future buyers decisions have been put on hold due to general elections due to be held on the 20th of November

BTW Three regional Spainish banks have just gone under

Bought by the Bank of Spain for 1 euro

Edited by redwine

http://www.metrofrance.com/nice-cannes/un-mois-de-soldes-dans-l-immobilier-sur-la-cote/pkjf!UiT7YvZb3nzIBDGFhsNnfA/

Un mois de soldes dans l'immobilier sur la cote?

A month of property sales on the cote?

metro France 7/10/11

To escape the increase of CGT certain property owners are tempted to drop there prices for a quick sale

The bargains could multiply here (Nice Cannes) between now and mid- november

Prices should fall and the margin for future buyers promises to be big!

The Reason?

From the 1st of febuary 2012 and due to the G'vts new property laws CGT which will mean that instead of 15 years you will then have to wait for 30 years before you are exempt from paying CGT

The majority of property sales made in the Alpes Maritimes were bought during the last 10 to 15 years

This is according to Pierre Laurent president of the local EA lobby the Fnaim

Many owners are today doing there sums and have discovered that they have an interest to sell quickly thus escaping the new law even if it means dropping there prices

However the Fnaim say that this will be only for a short period and they are worried about "repercussions" in 2012

IMHO I liked the EA lobby threat at the end of the article seeing as the vast majority of EAs in France are women what are they going to do go around hitting people with there hand-bags!