House Price Crash Forum

French Property

HOLA441

No you post on other forums you started a thread on another forum topic started at 12.26pm about moving to the Limousin 29/3/11

Not forgetting your Limousin bike race thread :lol:

You hide in the new members group with lots of different IDs but its the same poster !!

You also post elsewhere selling property and as for one of your false IDs well in French its called "ma jolie fille" :lol:

Redwine,

Please explain to what you are referring, because I have no idea (moving 29/3/11) not me, sorry, we moved some while ago.

I do NOT sell property, I am happily retired in the Limousin, and have a full time (except for visiting HPC) job looking after the garden.

multiple ID's, totally untrue, where?

I assure all readers (on my children's lives) of this little dispute that I am not a poster on any other forums

Please note, I do read many motorcycle race forums, but I am neither a member or poster, I only check race results, nothing else.

but I am addicted to HPC, just arrived in UK, unloaded the car, and now reading HPC. But back in France by the weekend :P .

For your information we left dept 87 on sunday am, and drove to Cain for the overnight ferry to Portsmouth, now we have just arrived in Glawster.

I have no ifone(?) to have any access to the WWW for the last 24 hours.

Please, please, provide the information so that (we can all?) I can also read about the other Xpat from the Limousin.

So, besides getting a regional French capital mixed up you have now managed to get anonymous HPC posters mixed up! oh dear.

Regards,

Very truthfull, Robbinxpat.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

This video doesn't play outside France, sadly.

I thought that it might work but seeing as its an AFP reportage they will only allow viewers in France to watch it on a french system even though i live here i can't watch it on this site but i can watch it on the AFP website!

Having said that agence france presse is serious and maybe its about copyright laws thats why i never or rarely post links to uk news as i can't be sure if the link works

HOLA443

Redwine,

Please, please, provide the information so that (we can all?) I can also read about the other Xpat from the Limousin.

So, besides getting a regional French capital mixed up you have now managed to get anonymous HPC posters mixed up! oh dear.

Regards,

Very truthfull, Robbinxpat.

Well you do not seem to enjoy your own medicine do you

You don't like being accused of anything

When it comes to myself well its seems to be normal to mock or insult me

Your France is not my France

My France is a world of work making cash getting out of bed in the morning to go to work (i am not an EA BTW)

There are other British Ex pats like myself that live next to Geneva

We have actually alot in common Brits and French all married

Double income couples

We all have children

We have to also guide our children in the right direction

I do not want to commit financial suicide living in a region where there is no work

Its okay for you but not for me

We also have certain skills and speak 2 or 3 languages

Just google brit ex pat forums in the limousin

Can we now move on?

Regards

Redwine

HOLA444

Well you do not seem to enjoy your own medicine do you :P:P

You don't like being accused of anything :unsure:

When it comes to myself well its seems to be normal to mock or insult me

Your France is not my France

My France is a world of work making cash getting out of bed in the morning to go to work .......... (So did I from 1964) :P:P

(i am not an EA BTW)

There are other British Ex pats like myself that live next to Geneva

We have actually alot in common Brits and French all married

Double income couples

We all have children

We have to also guide our children in the right direction

I do not want to commit financial suicide living in a region where there is no work

Its okay for you but not for me

We also have certain skills and speak 2 or 3 languages

Just google brit ex pat forums in the limousin

Can we now move on?

Regards

Redwine

Utter garbage, please provide some evidence of what I am accused of.

Infact I'll even donote 1000 Euro to any charity of your choice when you prove what a multiple poster I am. :P

I am self taught (not too good I'm afraid) on me computer.

My interests (obsession even) are France, HPC and motorcycle racing.

The only 'forum' that I ever post on is here (HPC, and not regular either, until this 'capital of Limousin' dispute).

I have absolutely no knowledge of any 'expat' forums, I am not interested in being a little England'r in France and I'm not even tempted to 'Google' to find them.

So prove your statement (again) and I'll provide the cash.

I imagine that it shouldn't be too difficult to establish the id of a computer to prove your point, but I'm no computer tech, so I've no idea.

Best of luck.

HOLA445

I'll just add one thing....

Aren't you two old enough to know better ?

It's like an argument between my two kids.

"He started it"

"No, she started it"

"She says sorry first"

"No he says sorry first"

Can we get back to discussing house prices now ;)

HOLA446

Infact I'll even donote 1000 Euro to any charity of your choice when you prove what a multiple poster I am. :P

Best of luck.

You win Limoges is the capital of the Limousin

As for multiple poster i was just making it all up because you were getting on my nerves

Being serious the next time that you are in Limoges why don't you make a donation to

SOS BEBES 87

134,Rue Armand Dutreix

87000 Limoges

They help children who are in a difficult social situation

As Smog rightly points out we are acting like kids afterall they are the future and adults acting like children is not a good example

BTW don't believe everything that you read on an internet forum

HOLA447

http://www.francesoir.fr/actualite/justice/xynthia-rene-marratier-maire-place-en-garde-vue-91380.html

Francesoir 13/4/11

Justice

Xynthia René Marratier,le marie placé en garde à vue

Xynthia René Marratier ,the mayor taken into police custody

The mayor of La faute-sur-Mer has been taken into police custody for questionning wednesday morning (today) as part of police investigations into the Xynthia storm

He is now the third local politican to have been taken into custody in less than a week

The deputy mayor in charge of urban planning was taken into custody yesterday but released this morning

On the 7th of april another councillor also a member of the local urban planning commitee but also a property developer was also interviewed by the polce

They risk going to court to answer four charges of

Homicide

Putting innocent peoples lives at risk

Absent when fighting a sinister

Illegal vested inerests

The son of a councillor also the owner of a property business recieved the building permits from his mother

She continued to give her son the permits despite being warned by the DDE (a french gvt agency) who alerted her in 2008 of the risks of continueing to build houses behind a dyke below sea level

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualite/societe/20110414.FAP7740/tempete-xynthia-le-maire-de-la-faute-sur-mer-mis-en-examen.html

Nouvelle Obs 14/4/11

Xynthia le maire de la faute sur mer mis en examen

Xynthia The mayor of la faute sur mer has now been charged

The mayor of la faute sur mer has today been charged with homicide,putting innocent lives at risk,absent when facing a sinister and illegal vested interests

He is the first to be charged after the Xynthia Storm at the court of justice of the Sables d' Olonne

The mayor is free while awaitng his trail but he is under police control

He spent over 30 hours in custody

Two other councillors have been interviewed by the police

The majority of the victims died in the "Mortified Bassin" of la faute sur mer (below sea level) resulting with 29 dead

The association Avif re-grouping 40 victims have decided to go to court (public prosecutor)

IMHO This is all about what can happen when a group of VIs can take over a council to the point where they the EAs are prepared to let buyers die for there dream property

Having said that there are another 3 VIs that have not yet been charged

The French State are also just as guilty with there never ending buy to rent tax free property

Edited by redwine

HOLA4411

http://www.lesechos.fr/economie-politique/france/actu/0201300345551-les-pied-a-terre-des-etrangers-frappes-par-une-nouvelle-taxe.htm

Les Echos 14/4/11

Les pied à terre des ètranges frappé par une nouvelle taxe

The foreign "pied a terre" hit by a new tax

Foreigners who own a second or holiday home in France will soon be taxed to help finance the French public services

The hundreds of thousands of foreigners who own property in France but do not live (full-time) only pay the tax fonc or rates but they pay nothing to help finance the French public services eg hospitals roads etc

The gv't with its new tax reforms are planning a new tax based on the value (rentable) of there second home

The number of properties concerned is not "harmless"

This tax is aimed at foreigners who are attracted by France and the French who have left there country of origin

HOLA4412

http://www.lesechos.fr/economie-politique/france/actu/0201300345551-les-pied-a-terre-des-etrangers-frappes-par-une-nouvelle-taxe.htm

Les Echos 14/4/11

Les pied à terre des ètranges frappé par une nouvelle taxe

Foreigners who own a second or holiday home in France will soon be taxed to help finance the French public services

The hundreds of thousands of foreigners who own property in France but do not live (full-time) only pay the tax fonc or rates but they pay nothing to help finance the French public services eg hospitals roads etc

The gv't with its new tax reforms are planning a new tax based on the value (rentable) of there second home

The number of properties concerned is not "harmless"

This tax is aimed at foreigners who are attracted by France and the French who have left there country of origin

Thanks, Redwine, for that snippet of news.

If this tax is actually introduced, it would have, in my view, a profound impact on the market for holiday homes that attract the Brits and other non-French residents. Depending on the level of the tax, this could decimate that sector of the market.

Perhaps HMG should look at introducing a similar tax in the UK and curb the purchase of properities in London and the home counties by non-UK residents. Or would the figleaf of EU legislation (which the French conveniently ignore) be exploited to prevent this? I am against any disproportinate increase of property taxes on primary residences, but second homes are a luxury and should be fair game for significant tax hikes when government coffers are bare.

Edited by Heading South

HOLA4413

http://www.sudouest.fr/2011/04/16/xynthia-graffitis-et-insultes-contre-les-victimes-a-la-faute-sur-mer-373923-4700.php

Sud Ouest 17/4/11

Xynthia graffitis et insultes contre les victimes a la-Faute-sur-Mer

Xynthia graffiti and insults against the victims at la-Faute-sur-Mer

A victim of the storm was yesterday cornered "its a disgrace what you are doing to the mayor"

Graffiti and insults against the" association of the victims of the storm " have sprung up in the village

Mrs Arnaud who lost her father during the storm was insulted and spat on whilst going to the cemetery yesterday with her 12 year old daughter

"I came head to head with a retired couple.The woman said to me "you i am waiting to get you and she then spat on me"

Insulting graffiti was also spray-painted on the grave-yard wall during the night of Friday to Saturday where the majority of the victims are buried

Renè "The builder mayor" and his charming French mates!!

HOLA4414

http://www.ouestfrance-immo.com/actu_hausse-des-taxes-pour-les-residences-secondaires-en-france-_1846.htm

Ouest france 22/4/11

West France

Hausse des taxes pour les residences secondaires en France

Tax increases for foreign second/holiday home owners

The project of a new tax on foreign second-home owners in France is frustrating but does not worry EAs who sell luxury property in France

This new tax hardly risks to slow down rich foreign buyers

The g'vt will present its new tax-reform to parliament on the 11th of May

This new tax reform law includes a tax on second homes owned by foreigners

France is lucky it has the worlds most beautiful capital 'Paris' lots of tourist regions and good food but its becoming foot-hold owned by foreigners a sort of Club-Med

This new tax shouldn't be to hard on the rich foreign buyers its not going to be 15,000 to 20,000 euros a year thats going to change anything!!

IMHO the new law will be presented on the 11th of May but if it is voted then it won't become law before the end of June

HOLA4415

A victim of the storm was yesterday cornered "its a disgrace what you are doing to the mayor"

Renè Marratier is the kind of "old rogue" the French just love. If Capital hadn't done an expose on the Faute (what a name!) sur Mer scandale last month this would all have been buried. On the main news the locals were outraged that Renè had been arrested and seemed to think it was ok that "outsiders" and "parigots" were drowned in their homes. Most of the town was profiting in some way or another in selling dodgy land that should never have been built on to outsiders. It is like some kind of Ibsenesque dystopia.

I agree that buying a house next to the Atlantic and below sea level on marsh land is a pretty stupid thing to do, but then so is allowing the local mayor to issue planning permission on that land, land which he just happens to own. Still mayors are a law unto themselves, whether it is building appartments in avalanche zones or flood planes.

HOLA4416

http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Xynthia-les-gravats-du-chantier-de-demolition-de-La-Faute-detournes_6346-1772709-fils-tous_filDMA.Htm

West France 23/4/11

Xynthia Les gravats du chantier de demolition de La Faute detournes

Xynthia The debris from the demolishion site at the Faute stolen

At the Faute the debris from the houses that are being demolished have been (stolen) used to bank-up dirt -roads at a nearby village called Triaize

We have found tooth-brushes and bits of plastic

Triaze isn't a rubbish -dump says the local mayor

The préfet JJ Brot says "Those that have taken away or stolen the debris are 'invited' to return the debris to the company that are in charge of the demolishion work otherwise i will call in the police"

Not on this link but 203 tonnes of debris have been taken away from the demolishion site at the Faute this belongs to the French G'vt they are trying to re-cycle the debris but they won't have much re-cycling to do seeing as the locals are stealing at all

Charming French Villages they even steal from the dead

HOLA4417

I agree that buying a house next to the Atlantic and below sea level on marsh land is a pretty stupid thing to do, but then so is allowing the local mayor to issue planning permission on that land, land which he just happens to own. Still mayors are a law unto themselves, whether it is building appartments in avalanche zones or flood planes.

True as you say he should never have been given the power to build houses in a high risk flood plane but he did and he was also warned afterall it was he who decided those who were allowed to build houses there

The French justice or the court will attack good old "René" on his responsibility because all he had to do that night was to evacuate those at risk but he didn't or rather he couldn't give a damn about those out on the 'mortified -bassin'( he could of been a national hero instead of being a greedy , VI local mayor)

Everything according to 'René' is to be taken in a natural light-hearted way a sort of well it happened but its not my fault at La Faute

What about his and others bank accounts?

How much cash did he make building property there ?

This is something that has yet not been talked about and i doubt never will be

Anyway lets wait for the court case probably in a few years time

@ Agentimmo i found out how many holiday -homes were built at least near the Faute and Aiguillon over he last ten years

5032 to be exact but i don't know how many were flooded

HOLA4418

http://immobilier.nouvelobs.com/actualites/france/20110426.CHA5357/bientot_un_diagnostic_internet.html

Nouvel Obs 26/4/11

New Observer

Bientot un diagnostic internet ?

Soon an internet diagnostic?

Proposed by the "circle of property diagnostics"

A new diagnostic for "property internet" has been demanded by the "circle of property diagnostics"

This new diagnostic will be used as an information for future buyers or renters who are considering buying or renting a property

Also its free there is even an example of an "internet ticket" on this link

The list given on this link

Lead

Termites

Asbestos

Gas

Electricity

Natural risks

Technology ie Nuclear power stations

Energy ratings or household isolation

Not forgetting an "internet diagnostic" but this has not yet been decided

HOLA4419

http://www.sudouest.fr/2011/04/27/le-marche-de-l-immobilier-peine-encore-a-rebondir-382202-1368.php

South West 27/4/11

Le marchè de l'immobilier peine encore à rebondir

The property market is having a difficult time trying to bounce back

Investors The buyers today are rare ,prices are falling especially outside of Jonzac (Region Bordeaux)

The state of the market

Today the property pros are depressed

When the big cities are showing a rise in prices here prices have fallen by 15% to 20% in the county-side

The financial and economic crisis is here we are still at 2008 prices

The figures for property for sale here is massive

Buyers here are waiting and they are worried about there future (jobs etc)

An EA "I have not sold a single property this year"

The English buyers have long-ago deserted the country-side some have gone to Eastern Europe for cheap property

Those that are still here can't (escape) sell there property due to the fact that they bought at a too high price which is not the local price (Brit EA inside)

Today prices are falling sellers are in a hurry to sell

There only hope to sell are the retired from the North or Paris who might buy here for the climat

Today buyers think very hard before buying in the country-side

HOLA4420

There is no specific news on this but it sounds like it will be about 1 months rental income on the property... based on the annual rental income. So similar to Tax Fonciere. There will also be an "exit" tax for people taking assets out of France, this will be 19% of the capital gains on the asset. The idea is to stop French people leaving the current for tax havens.

HOLA4421

Looks as though the news about the fall in the value of the Euro on monday will make French property that little bit more affordable for foreign buyers.

But who will want to buy now if it could fall further?

My own feeling is that the £ will hit parity with the Euro in the long term, and this is just going to be a little blip on the inevitable way down.

Having just picked the first cherries raspberries and strawberries,I,m not sure that I really care!

HOLA4422

http://www.sudouest.fr/2011/04/27/le-marche-de-l-immobilier-peine-encore-a-rebondir-382202-1368.php

South West 27/4/11

Le marchè de l'immobilier peine encore à rebondir

The property market is having a difficult time trying to bounce back

Investors The buyers today are rare ,prices are falling especially outside of Jonzac (Region Bordeaux)

The state of the market

Today the property pros are depressed

When the big cities are showing a rise in prices here prices have fallen by 15% to 20% in the county-side

The financial and economic crisis is here we are still at 2008 prices

The figures for property for sale here is massive

Buyers here are waiting and they are worried about there future (jobs etc)

An EA "I have not sold a single property this year"

The English buyers have long-ago deserted the country-side some have gone to Eastern Europe for cheap property

Those that are still here can't (escape) sell there property due to the fact that they bought at a too high price which is not the local price (Brit EA inside)

Today prices are falling sellers are in a hurry to sell

There only hope to sell are the retired from the North or Paris who might buy here for the climat

Today buyers think very hard before buying in the country-side

We are renting, but now looking to buy in the Nice area, no-one is buying but no-one is lowering their prices either. You can't blame them really, if I'd have paid a few million for a villa that I can now only sell for half that, I'd hang on to it until the bitter end.

It seems that in the last few weeks though 'the bitter end' has arrived for a few people and the odd gem is creeping onto the market.

HOLA4423

Looks as though the news about the fall in the value of the Euro on monday will make French property that little bit more affordable for foreign buyers.

But who will want to buy now if it could fall further?

My own feeling is that the £ will hit parity with the Euro in the long term, and this is just going to be a little blip on the inevitable way down.

Having just picked the first cherries raspberries and strawberries,I,m not sure that I really care!

£ hit parity with the Euro ?

Possibly, but not for very long. It went near 1:1 in 2008 around Dec. Lasted a few weeks.

I've always felt value was around 1.20-1.25 euros to a £.

We seem to be heading back up into that territory.

Foreign buyers back into the French market? Maybe, but I don't expect to see them return in droves like the years 1995-2007. That was the boom. We are now entering bust. Petrol prices climbing means the low-cost airlines are cutting back capacity and lines. Those out of the way airports are starting to become expensive places to fly to. And don't even think about winter ;)

Property as a short term investment flip? Probably not these days. B)

IR's heading up? Grand. Should dampen even more of the speculators. B)

The crash is on....steady as she sails. :)

HOLA4424

http://immobilier-revelateur-de-la-nature-humaine.over-blog.com/article-pourquoi-la-chute-des-prix-sera-ineluctable-en-2012-72852554.html

Ninon Ingrid The sad life of an estate agent 30/4/11

Pourquoi la chute des prix sera inéluctable en 2012

Why the fall in prices will be inescapable in 2012

I would just like to post my views of the property market in 2011 and 2012

Theres nothing better than looking back into the past to see the future

2006 A good year

2007 Good to medium year

2008 First half good ,second half bad

2009 A very bad year

2010 A good year

2011 Medium

As you can see 2011 is far worse than 2010

Sales activity in 2011 are the same as in 2007

I thought that in 2008 we were going to see 5 or 6 years of price falls afterall prices have risen over the last 10 years but i was wrong

What i did not see coming was the world property crisis which started in the USA prices fell by 10% to 15% including Paris

2010 was a fantastic year everybody bought without any price reductions

Prices started to rise the vendors who were pushed by the pro-property media started to get greedy by putting up there prices

Well its like a hangover after a party

Property prices are far too high

Petrol prices are very high which affects rural property ( high transport costs)

Interest rates are now rising this is inescapable

The buyers can't afford to buy

Today less visits are made

The cherry on the cake

The (new ?) French President will be elected (election year)

A new sauce of taxes on property ?

New tax regimes ?

A cocktail for a property crash ?

Do you think that the vendors are aware ?

The answer is clear no

They only listen to price-rises but not price falls but the buyers are aware of the falls

You sell in 2011 drop your prices a little

Its best to cut your finger in 2011 than your hand in 2012 and your arm in 2013

The vendor will not drop his price since the notary tells him "All is going well Madame la Marquise"

Yet the EAs know that the price falls have already started

The forced property auctions will soon see a new age of gold!!

Rendez -vous in 2012 !!

HOLA4425

http://www.midilibre.fr/2011/05/06/immobilier-ce-qu-on-ne-vous-dit-pas-sur-le-marche,314949.php

Midi-libre 7/5/11

Languedoc-Roussillon Immobilier ce qu on vous dit pas sur le marche

Languedoc-Rousillon Property what they don't tell you about the property market

The chamber of notaries show a diverse property market

1 The exception Montpellier prices have risen by 7% in 2010 but high prices don't reflect the reality notaries are worried

The vendors are still firmly stuck on high prices

The buyers are no longer solvent the market risks being blocked

2 Avignon,Nimes,Narbonne property is still selling due to being next to the motorway but Nimes might be badly hit due to the stopping of the tramway!

3 The Aude and the Aveyron

In the Aude the english who were big investors up until 2007 are today selling at a loss

Aveyron who inherited the "Robiens" have flooded the market

Sold as a good place to invest the flats are not rented out and are now being sold at a loss according to the notaries

A 3 bedroom flat bought in 2004 for 90,000 euros is today being sold for 65,000 euros

In the Pyrénnés-Orientales they buy houses in the Gard they buy flats

L'Herault today they buy much later in the Dept 25% of buyers are aged between 40 to 49 years old

No commune has any real housing plans

They just do anything often following the investors because this "costs the least"