House Price Crash Forum
tuggybear

Miliband Positions Himself For Leadership

Lol... change the PM and suddely the mortgage markets will "un-jam" and Labour will get in again. How stupid are these people?

PS I think I've found a bug on your board...

Edited by I'veAlreadyLeft

I can't find the story?

However, did click on this

Now ignoring why I clicked on it in the first place, :rolleyes:, and the fact its got nothing to do with this topic, :rolleyes:, I was amazed at the direct evidence this photo offers to support a theory that the amount people seek attention (in the photo those the least distance from being in the middle at the front) correlates directly with the amount of fake tan used. :o

Edited by Fraccy

hes worse than gordon.

x2

thats gordons plan, get someone wose than him as the challanger so no one asks him to leave :lol:

hes worse than gordon.

I agree - I actively dislike him... and I was even willing to give Brown the benefit of my doubt when he became PM.

What would be hilarious, of course, is if Milliband were to become PM then poll even worse than Brown is doing now.

Milliband, of course would be more Machiavellian and calculating in his approach...

No story yet

Front page of Times + Guardian

Link : http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/F...B30%252C%2B2008

BYE BYE GORDON!

Later added : Link : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle4426131.ece

David Miliband today dares Gordon Brown to sack him by setting out how Labour can still win the next election, in what is being seen as the launch of his leadership bid.

The Foreign Secretary fires the first salvo in a deliberate challenge to Mr Brown in a newspaper article that outlines a blueprint for defeating David Cameron without mentioning the Prime Minister once by name.

Although Mr Miliband said that he did not believe that Labour should indulge in “introspection”, he urged Labour MPs to “change the way we do politics” and “find the confidence” to make the new Labour case once again.

He makes clear that he blames Mr Brown for Labour’s shortcomings. Giving an unsparing critique of the party’s failings, he singles out delayed reform of the NHS and a failure to devolve power — two familiar complaints against the Prime Minister.

Continued......

Edited by tuggybear

He's almost as bad as Gordon with the people skills and other requiremenmts for a leader

they need to rebrand as

the spineless party.

the median party.

the sandpit party.

what we need is a new cromwell.

someone like cameron.

only not as totally useless as cameron.

I agree - I actively dislike him... and I was even willing to give Brown the benefit of my doubt when he became PM.

What would be hilarious, of course, is if Milliband were to become PM then poll even worse than Brown is doing now.

Milliband, of course would be more Machiavellian and calculating in his approach...

i think gordon was a man with a 'mission' that was just plain wrong and ill thought out.

millyband is just creepy. hes the nulab version of the robotic cameron.

not a grain of talent other than office posturing. we have all worked with these types and they are always, always rubbish at what they do.

christ, what do we have to do to get a decent leader these days ?

:rolleyes: Told you so. More than once. This has been going on since Brown stepped up and the cabinet have been complicit throughout. Gordo was never going to fight the next election unless things went spectacularly well and we all know what happened to that. The deal with the Brownites via Ed Balls (who will get to be Chancellor which is the job he really wants) was done ages ago, I thought it was an open secret. Milliband has had protection like no other politician since... well, the last Labour Shadow Foreign Secretary. This is how the Labour party works. If you haven't noticed that Milliband has been foreign secretary for things that are going well or else Malloch-Brown suddenly appears (note: a peer and so excellent for soaking up punishment), you've been asleep. Politicians are vain, arrogant, and often blind to their own failings and the mood of the country. Yet, I think the political discourse in this country has reached a level where we assume they are thick and incapable of strategy which isn't the case. They are very good at politics, its just this isn't the same thing as actually doing any of the jobs associated with the offices of state. From here it is about choreography. If he really thinks he is going to have to be radical (and don't discount the mind-bendingly ferocious lust for power that is still there in the party, they are different in that regard from the late-period Tories who had genuinely lost the desire) the downfall of Brown will be on the bloodier side, it just depends how they need to make it look.

:rolleyes: Told you so. More than once. This has been going on since Brown stepped up and the cabinet have been complicit throughout. Gordo was never going to fight the next election unless things went spectacularly well and we all know what happened to that. The deal with the Brownites via Ed Balls (who will get to be Chancellor which is the job he really wants) was done ages ago, I thought it was an open secret. Milliband has had protection like no other politician since... well, the last Labour Shadow Foreign Secretary. This is how the Labour party works. If you haven't noticed that Milliband has been foreign secretary for things that are going well or else Malloch-Brown suddenly appears (note: a peer and so excellent for soaking up punishment), you've been asleep. Politicians are vain, arrogant, and often blind to their own failings and the mood of the country. Yet, I think the political discourse in this country has reached a level where we assume they are thick and incapable of strategy which isn't the case. They are very good at politics, its just this isn't the same thing as actually doing any of the jobs associated with the offices of state. From here it is about choreography. If he really thinks he is going to have to be radical (and don't discount the mind-bendingly ferocious lust for power that is still there in the party, they are different in that regard from the late-period Tories who had genuinely lost the desire) the downfall of Brown will be on the bloodier side, it just depends how they need to make it look.

any thoughts on the radical policies?

Story Here : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle4426131.ece

David Miliband today dares Gordon Brown to sack him by setting out how Labour can still win the next election, in what is being seen as the launch of his leadership bid.

The Foreign Secretary fires the first salvo in a deliberate challenge to Mr Brown in a newspaper article that outlines a blueprint for defeating David Cameron without mentioning the Prime Minister once by name.

Although Mr Miliband said that he did not believe that Labour should indulge in “introspection”, he urged Labour MPs to “change the way we do politics” and “find the confidence” to make the new Labour case once again.

He makes clear that he blames Mr Brown for Labour’s shortcomings. Giving an unsparing critique of the party’s failings, he singles out delayed reform of the NHS and a failure to devolve power — two familiar complaints against the Prime Minister.

Continued......

He will be deposed very soon.

The disaffection of voters in by-elections toward competence of Gordon renders him powerless.

To have a country ran effectively leaderless, does not suit politics.

People can not be left too long with a ‘totally’ ineffective PM.

They might question validity of why have a PM, they have no power (belief syndrome).

Didnt i read / hear somewhere that if gordo gets replaced it would force a general election (which would probably see labor with the smallest amount of seats in the commons)

Didnt i read / hear somewhere that if gordo gets replaced it would force a general election (which would probably see labor with the smallest amount of seats in the commons)

It's not a legal requirement but there would likely be enormous pressure to revalidate the party under it's third leader since the last general election. After all:

"To lose one parent leader may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness. "

Oscar Wilde HRH Queen Elizabeth II :lol:

Guest anorthosite

Maybe I'm just getting older, by Miliband looks even younger than William Hague ever did, and look what that did to him.

At least Hague came across as smart and able.

Giving an unsparing critique of the party’s failings, he singles out delayed reform of the NHS and a failure to devolve power — two familiar complaints against the Prime Minister.

Yes, NHS reform is always a topic of great concern in our office.

I am thinking that Gordon knows that if MillibanK takes his place he would be in charge when the shit really hits the fan and it would be the latter to get slaughtered, with Brownie only just smeared with shit.

Fine political methaphores, I know.