House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
YoungFTB

I've Noticed A New Ea Tactic

I've started to notice this tactic more and more these days

Example - http://www.propertynews.com/results.php?c=...mp;y=0&st=q

All the previous price reductions are changed to the current price so you can no longer see reduction history for a lot of listings.

I'll take a screencap incase my Property Bee is malfunctioning

Cap.jpg

I really don't see the point in EAs doing this, infact it's just stupid. If I was an EA I would be highlighting the reductions to illustrate that the sellers are dropping prices and they are open to offers.

It's a bit like these "POA" listings that are on the increase, another good way for EAs to shoot themselves in the foot

post-11077-1217358365_thumb.jpg

Hi YoungFTB - this could be a new EA tactic but it could also be a glitch with the property-bee tool itself as it has to handle dual currencies (Euros and Sterling) on the pn.com site as opposed to just sterling for the rightmove website on the mainland. You might want to alert beerhunter (the developer of property-bee) to this just in case it is a software glitch which wasn't picked up in my testing and it got overlooked when he launched 2.0.2.0 on 22nd July '08. Full details of the upgrade are here.

I've started to notice this tactic more and more these days

Example - http://www.propertynews.com/results.php?c=...mp;y=0&st=q

All the previous price reductions are changed to the current price so you can no longer see reduction history for a lot of listings.

I'll take a screencap incase my Property Bee is malfunctioning

Cap.jpg

I really don't see the point in EAs doing this, infact it's just stupid. If I was an EA I would be highlighting the reductions to illustrate that the sellers are dropping prices and they are open to offers.

It's a bit like these "POA" listings that are on the increase, another good way for EAs to shoot themselves in the foot

Hi YoungFTB - this could be a new EA tactic but it could also be a glitch with the property-bee tool itself as it has to handle dual currencies (Euros and Sterling) on the pn.com site as opposed to just sterling for the rightmove website on the mainland. You might want to alert beerhunter (the developer of property-bee) to this just in case it is a software glitch which wasn't picked up in my testing and it got overlooked when he launched 2.0.2.0 on 22nd July '08. Full details of the upgrade are here.

Thanks for the heads up Paul, I just updated Property Bee and the listings still appear the same.

The problem is also affecting Right Move also, would be good to know if it's a glitch or an EA tactic

According to BeerHunter on Property-Bee

Yes, I'd avoid clicking on individual properties at the moment.

Rightmove have changed the layout and property-bee is picking the price as the subtitle when you visit these individual pages :(

New version will be available tonight to fix this.

Could just be a glitch

No not noticed this, just a paucity of new listings. Clearly we have reached the point where the stand-off will be broken by distressed sellers because nobody else is likely to buy.