House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheer Heart Attack

Estate Agents Playing Games With Property Bee?

They took action to disrupt Propertysnake, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they did the same to Property Bee.

If they do then i will write my own program and pass a limited number of copies around.

When they move to using images and not text for the price then things get interesting but not impossible.

Spot on Buzzardo - loads of em at it round here - on one day off the next and relisted.

LISTEN CAREFULLY MR ESTATE AGENT - (we know you all lurk here)

WHEN PEOPLE CAN SEE THAT THE PRICE HAS DROPPED BY USING PROPERTY BEE IT MAKES THE HOUSE MORE ATTRACTIVE TO THEM

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS? WORDS TOO LARGE? SENTENCE TOO LONG?

I'LL TRY AGAIN

PRICEE DROPEEE PEOPLE BUYEEEE - YOU KEEPEEE JOBEEEEE

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DRAW YOU A PICTURE FFS?

I'm doing my weekly Property Bee search on NE1 and there seems to be some action being taken to confound Property Bee.

They are now listing the price in the "subtitle" field instead of the "price" field, meaning that it messes up the sidebar function. Also, the change seems to have removed the "title" field now in the sidebar, the effect of which is that it is showing as an empty field.

It's happening across different estate agents. Cartel or Rightmove? Is the same thing happening for you?

I'm doing my weekly Property Bee search on NE1 and there seems to be some action being taken to confound Property Bee.

They are now listing the price in the "subtitle" field instead of the "price" field, meaning that it messes up the sidebar function. Also, the change seems to have removed the "title" field now in the sidebar, the effect of which is that it is showing as an empty field.

It's happening across different estate agents. Cartel or Rightmove? Is the same thing happening for you?

Yes this happened to me just a few minutes ago, I would be very surprised if they don't put a lot of effort into trying to close off Property Bee, it is too useful for the genral public.

They took action to disrupt Propertysnake, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they did the same to Property Bee.

I don´t use property bee, but I´ve noticed at my old UK address via propertysnake that 25% of the properties disappeared at the weekend, so something is definitely going on.

And one small anecdotal, there is now a 3 bed house for sale in my old road for less than I sold my house in June 2006. Anyone beat that date for a price reversal?

I've been getting this too, but just had something wierder.

I clicked on a listing and the Property Bee entry date for the change is 24th August 2008. Very STrange.

I just tried it on another one and didn't get the same glitch though :(

Happening here too, with Splodge particularly active taking stuff off and putting it back on to spoof the Bee.

HOWEVER, I'm note sure I get the logic (stick with me here, shame Injin isn't around anymore as he'd be a good acid test of the argument here :P:P )

• Right now, EA's need transaction volume to stay in business. Without it, they are completely fooked.
  • They will only get transaction volumes by encouraging vendors to drop their prices significantly.
  • Very few vendors (IMO) will take the plunge unless they see others doing it first.
  • As someone else elegantly posted yesterday (on a thread about Tippex and biro'd price drops) in every other market in the world "price reduced" gets buyers interested and buzzing round like flies. Why not use the same time-honoured technique here?

So, with all that out there, WHY would the EA's want to HIDE price drops - on the most effective price-drop communication medium there is right now (PBee) - and hence shoot themselves in the foot?

After all, they have the best get-out in the book; "it's not our tool, it's run by someone else and the internet's a big unregulated place...blah...blah...(teehee, thank God - they've saved our bacon)...."

But then again, most of them are thick tossers, who lie compulsively and couldn't get a proper job anywhere useful, so maybe the idea of applying "logic" to this argument is flawed in itself :lol::lol::lol:

Thoughts?

B

WHY would the EA's want to HIDE price drops [/color][/size][/i]- on the most effective price-drop communication medium there is right now (PBee) - and hence shoot themselves in the foot?

Thoughts?

B

I've thought about this too. I think EA's are scared to show the extent and speed of the drops, and also the increasing volume of properties unsold for a long time. They have no doubt already pursuaded some of their vendors to drop, and when they see the market sinking even further they'll do all they can to not contribute to the perception that things are even worse than they appeared to be a few weeks ago; after all, they then have to pursuade the vendor to drop even more.

Rightmove are behaving appallingly, and they are also shooting themselves in the foot. People are not THAT stupid and can see what's going on. Attempting to shut down Property Snake or remove ads just makes them look extremely mean, never mind dishonest. No doubt the Property Snake chaps felt the threats didn't have a leg to stand on (you cannot copyright this kind of information that is already in the public domain, only the look and feel of the website), but it would take a brave person to take Rightmove on with their pool of hyper-inflated corporate lawyers waiting to pounce with outrageous costs.

VP

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Spot on Buzzardo - loads of em at it round here - on one day off the next and relisted.

WHEN PEOPLE CAN SEE THAT THE PRICE HAS DROPPED BY USING PROPERTY BEE IT MAKES THE HOUSE MORE ATTRACTIVE TO THEM

I'LL TRY AGAIN

Haha. No accounting for the stupidity of EAs.

I'LL TRY AGAIN

:lol:

Worth quoting again just to help get it through their thick skulls.

I'LL TRY AGAIN

Let's not turn this into a love-in, but top post sbn, and nicely put.

Maybe this is the picture we should draw for them, FFS, just to make the point...?

beer_tramp.gif

B

post-13228-1217359210_thumb.png

Happening here too, with Splodge particularly active taking stuff off and putting it back on to spoof the Bee.

HOWEVER, I'm note sure I get the logic (stick with me here, shame Injin isn't around anymore as he'd be a good acid test of the argument here :P:P )

• Right now, EA's need transaction volume to stay in business. Without it, they are completely fooked.

• They will only get transaction volumes by encouraging vendors to drop their prices significantly.

• Very few vendors (IMO) will take the plunge unless they see others doing it first.

• As someone else elegantly posted yesterday (on a thread about Tippex and biro'd price drops) in every other market in the world "price reduced" gets buyers interested and buzzing round like flies. Why not use the same time-honoured technique here?

So, with all that out there, WHY would the EA's want to HIDE price drops - on the most effective price-drop communication medium there is right now (PBee) - and hence shoot themselves in the foot?

After all, they have the best get-out in the book; "it's not our tool, it's run by someone else and the internet's a big unregulated place...blah...blah...(teehee, thank God - they've saved our bacon)...."

But then again, most of them are thick tossers, who lie compulsively and couldn't get a proper job anywhere useful, so maybe the idea of applying "logic" to this argument is flawed in itself :lol::lol::lol:

Thoughts?

B

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! ;) All they need to do now is change all their listings to "POA" and they can all join jobseekers.

It seems to be working fine for me

e.g.:

29th Jul 2008

* Price changed: from '£249,999' to '£235,000'

21st Jun 2008

* Price changed: from '£260,000' to '£249,999'

7th Jun 2008

* Price changed: from '£275,000' to '£260,000'

30th Mar 2008

* Initial entry found.

£35,000 drop on a £275,000 flat - the drops are quickening.

yes i live in wa4 warrington

everything on with the halifax did exactly the same i dont use sidebar but just check everything every day

it appeared to day that you had to clickm on the property details for this to come to light

They've tried stuff like this before. Does anyone else remember 'The great 'reduced' label debacle of 2005'? There was a slight dip in the market (can't remember why but there was some sort of economic reason). Rightmove started to put reduced signs on their properties. We picked it up with great glee, only for them to withdraw them. However...

ITS DIFFERENT THIS TIME :lol::lol::lol:

You might avoid a dip based on a glitch rightmove babes, but you can't avoid the effects of a FULL SCALE GLOBAL MELTDOWN . SUCKERS

Ultimately, Rightmove is one giant database and as such its usefulness is partly because it is filterable eg, I can see houses priced between X and Y in area A. When they start messing about by allowing EAs to submit data that makes no sense in searches, they are shooting themselves in the foot. And then witness the rollout of Righmove Clone 2.0 which is currently being coded in some Eastern European basement right now.

Its a Mad Mad world that we live in now we have the internet.