House Price Crash Forum

Bristol Tower Block Wobbles

HOLA441

I live in south Bristol ( in a rented room :( ) and keep an eye on prices in the Bristol area particularly south Bristol. In my own area bedminster I think its a stand off.

Before the "crash" I could not afford a place round here and now the "crash" is on I still cant afford anywhere.

Prices in my street in Southville were 225000, now 215000, ( asking ) so basically they are probably down to only 100% more than I could afford. Whoopee ! :huh:

However there is a one bed flat on the 8th floor of a tower block :ph34r: next to the City ground, on at in March offers over 90000, then couple of months later offers over 80000, just taken a look at CJ Holes window in North St, now offers over 70000. Vaacant possession all this time.

Not a very good flat though and you can get caught for a percentage of renovation costs if the Council do improvements.

HOLA442

The claim to fame of those flats is that was del and rodneys external flat shots.

If you want to buy a place you should forget Southville, stick with Bedminster and Totterdown. Much cheaper. I have seen some big falls in flats around BS3.

HOLA443
The claim to fame of those flats is that was del and rodneys external flat shots.

If you want to buy a place you should forget Southville, stick with Bedminster and Totterdown. Much cheaper. I have seen some big falls in flats around BS3.

Ive heard that, but scrutiny of the opening shots of fools and horses seems to show concrete panel construction and these are definately brick.

HOLA444

Bedminster and Totterdown still too pricey. Im thinking knowle west or hartcliffe. :ph34r:

HOLA445
Bedminster and Totterdown still too pricey. Im thinking knowle west or hartcliffe. :ph34r:

I'm glad you are joking. I wouldn't buy a property in knowle west or hartcliffe if it was £10. Seriously.

They definitely did film Only Fools And Horses at those flats, that Batman and Robin thing was also filmed at the end of the galleries http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:nPqU16j...;cd=1&gl=uk

"Only Fools and Horses - Nelson Mandela House exteriors were filmed at a housing estate in Bedminster and the episode 'Heroes and Villains' where Del and Rodney run down the street dressed as Batman and Robin was filmed in Broadmead."

HOLA446

I'm glad you are joking. I wouldn't buy a property in knowle west or hartcliffe if it was £10. Seriously.

I wasnt joking. I know two different people in knowle west / inns court. They havnt got a problem with it and they are ok people. Some streets I would not touch admittedly.

HOLA447

I wasnt joking. I know two different people in knowle west / inns court. They havnt got a problem with it and they are ok people. Some streets I would not touch admittedly.

HOLA448
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA449
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4410
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411
This flat originally came onto the market at 110k August 2007.

:o F my boots, hard to imagine. I wonder what the owners story is, and what he's thinking now. Currently I see its value at somewhere between nothing and 3x minimum wage, so it's still at least two times a realistiic price.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4412
:o F my boots, hard to imagine. I wonder what the owners story is, and what he's thinking now. Currently I see its value at somewhere between nothing and 3x minimum wage, so it's still at least two times a realistiic price.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: great isn't it! that room you're renting must seem like a great investment right now! Sitting it out in the bedsit ;)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
:lol::lol::lol::lol: great isn't it! that room you're renting must seem like a great investment right now! Sitting it out in the bedsit ;)

Err..yeh. Since i sold to rent in 2003 :o I reckon I'll come up smelling of roses after all. There are houses I can now buy in Bris at auction or via ea for cash, no mortgage involved, but now is not the time, (why would I want to blow my whole savings on a house and then have to fork out 2k a year on council tax, insurance and utilities) it did look like I was screwed last year though and I felt gloomy, and wondered if I should migrate to Stoke on Trent for cheaper housing!

Right now Im content, Im in my fave part of town, it s easy for me to move, i collect 6% interest on savings...my rooms ok.....for now.

athom......you are the owner of that flat and I claim my 5 pounds. :lol:

Edited by bricor mortis

HOLA4415
£60,000 now.

Yeh I noticed. No more 'offers above' shit either. And Devslim says it was 110k originally.

And folk come on the main forum saying the crash is all in our imaginations. If you own that flat its not in your imagination really though is it.

Edited by bricor mortis

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4416
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4417
  • 2 years later...
HOLA4418

They definitely did film Only Fools And Horses at those flats, that Batman and Robin thing was also filmed at the end of the galleries http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:nPqU16j...;cd=1&gl=uk

"Only Fools and Horses - Nelson Mandela House exteriors were filmed at a housing estate in Bedminster and the episode 'Heroes and Villains' where Del and Rodney run down the street dressed as Batman and Robin was filmed in Broadmead."

7: The real Nelson Mandela House

This may shatter some illusions, but Only Fools and Horses wasn't actually filmed in Peckham. The main locations were actually Acton (in Ealing) and Bristol.

Indeed, Harlech Tower – the block of flats which was used as "Nelson Mandela House" – is in Acton, while the famous bit where Del and Rodders run down the street as Batman and Robin was filmed in Broadmead Shopping Precinct in Bristol.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I am renting a 2 bed room in bedminster for £650

if I was planning to spent that in mortage, i would have half the flat i have now.

don't like my situation much but it does not make sense to buy now.

Furthermore, shopping around east street & asda, i can clearly see nobody have cash around there.

pawn broker, discount shop, poundland super busy.

Asda is full of people buying few booze and basic values only brands...

depressing, i prefer to rent and eat healthily

this area is becoming a third world country

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421

I am renting a 2 bed room in bedminster for £650

if I was planning to spent that in mortage, i would have half the flat i have now.

don't like my situation much but it does not make sense to buy now.

Furthermore, shopping around east street & asda, i can clearly see nobody have cash around there.

pawn broker, discount shop, poundland super busy.

Asda is full of people buying few booze and basic values only brands...

depressing, i prefer to rent and eat healthily

this area is becoming a third world country

What about North ST round the corner though, plenty of well to do's thereabouts.

No third world house prices in Bedminster either.

HOLA4422