House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Propertyduck

Hampshire Estate Agent

This morning I passed the estate agents which is in our local village. The manager was out on the pavement watering the hanging baskets, I asked if business was quiet and he replied "very quiet indeed, in fact I am considering pruning the bushes as well" An hour or so later he was actually pruning the two 'ball' shaped privet bushes in tubs which stands either side of the door :rolleyes:

As a rough guide here in west Hampshire a three bedroomed two hundred year old cottage went on the market four months ago @ 320k it changed to £315k two months ago and has now fell again to just under 300k. Flats are falling in price as well, a one bedroomed retirement flat was around 100k a year ago and I have seen one for 65k. The average is around 75k.

In the village I lived in up until a year ago (15 miles away) the estate agents is a family run business and their prices have always been on the high side compared to national chains of estate agents. They always demanded top dollar for property and somehow got it. Their website has now become littered with 'reduced price' and 'must sell offers invited' I lived there for 25 years and have never seen that before.

The plus side to this is its getting closer to me putting in a few cheeky bids and seeing how it goes..................but not just yet methinks :P