House Price Crash Forum

If housepricecrash.co.uk suddenly disappeared, where would everyone meet up, e.g could be a developer/BTL vested consiracy buy out as this web page is probably a thorn in alot of property vested interests ???

Anyone else having topics NOT marked as read? Or is my head just exploding after a long hot day?

PS What about a blogspot blog where site news can be posted in the event of a major outage?

My first thought was sabotage. On the face of it a ridiclous idea, but then I typed 'housepricecrash' into google and this site came up first.

It's hard to measure the impact of a site like this on perception- but I think it may be significant enough to warrant at least the attention of those trying to control the mythology of the current crisis.

Geoerge Cox ( Banking VI) came up with an interesting cameo on radio 4 this morning- a charming tale in which the banks featured as little restaraunts whose supply of food had been cut off by the big bad credit crunch, thereby preventing them from feeding their hungry mortgage seeking customers.

While it's possible he constructed this little homily on the fly, there was something polished about it that indicated a degree of forethought had gone into it.

The Banks are waking up to the fact that they are no longer totaly invisable to the sheeple, and are currently in the process of reconstructing their part in the 'credit crunch' to position themselves as victims of it, rather than the cause.

This site, and others like it, represent a threat to this project- so it's not inconceivable that some attempt may be made to shut them down.

Over at ********************* they were speculating that we were gone for good and bracing themselves for a visitation by a load of nutters. Nice to know what people think of you. I would tell you more of the erudite discussion taking place at this other place but after a few minutes I lost the will to continue and woke up ten minutes later with my face in my keyboabr.

edit interesting that our site treats **** as a swearword, neat.

re edit it even treats the acronym as a swearword, extreme!

Edited by Freeholder

it was due to the annual cleaning of the fubra cellar.

a janitor had by mistake leaned on the server speed switch lever and accidentally moved it to SLOW.

quickly fubra 'techs' spotted this and went down and moved it back up to MEDIUM.

crisis over.

There were rumours flying about at 'the other place' and about all of us 'nutters' on HPC. From what I can see, we are no madder than people on glow-ball HPC!