House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Interesting Discussion Over On Daily Mail Money Site

Nice discussion of that report about property going up 25% in 5 years or some other puff'n'stuff nonsense IMPO.

Well said Keith. Part of the reason for the drastic drop in house prices are the estate agents who seem hell bent of talking prices down - we recently put our house on the market and were told two weeks later to drop by at least 5%. Other properties in our area who have dropped by £50 - £75k and they still haven't sold - you have to be realistic but the agents saying drop by 10% and you will definitely sell are talking rubbish - they are desperate to earn some commission. People should stick with their realistic prices or will end up giving their property away. Katy, buckinghams

Oh dear Katy of Bucks!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/frame-money.html

Does she think that if you cut 10% and it doesn't sell then people are going to be suspicious of the low price? Great, just add 20% onto the price and that will certainly shift it.

Guest happy?
Nice discussion of that report about property going up 25% in 5 years or some other puff'n'stuff nonsense IMPO.

Oh dear Katy of Bucks!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/frame-money.html

Semi-literate daily attracting the financially illiterate.

It shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone that their readers are not capable of constructing a rational argument. The Daily Mail's stock-in-trade has always been sound bites for those whose thinking is superficial, but who want to appear to be brighter than readers of the red-tops. To subsequently discover that this same readership cannot reason for themselves is only to be expected.

Fish in a barrel as someone else commented yesterday.

Edited by happy?

Guest X-QUORK
Semi-literate daily attracting the financially illiterate.

Couldn't agree more. The Daily Hate is the paper of choice for the shouty Little Englanders you see clogging the roads in their MEW purchase 4x4s. Not the sharpest tools in the box and hopefully the ones who'll feel plenty of pain over the coming years.

I wish i was Katy.

in a permanent state of miffeddom?

I don't recall GC1 being so stuffed with indignation....?

... just fear, tragedy & pain of the sucked-in innocent

Guest happy?

I don't recall GC1 being so stuffed with indignation...

You're correct. People now have 'rights'. There was a time when rights were a noble thing, nations were forged fighting for them, grown men sacrificed their lives in pursuit of them, and others suffered pain and imprisonment for rights.

How rights have changed, they've been soiled, sullied, and cheapened. Every thug and chav knows his rights, consumers have 'rights' (mostly the right to buy crap on a credit card on Sunday whilst some child works for pennies in a Chinese sweatshop and his father dies in a coalmine with no safety regulations).

But hey we all have rights. It's my right to stamp my foot and accuse an Estate Agent of conspiring to cheat me - even where it's against their financial interest to do so.

I know my rights.

Edited by happy?