House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KingCharles1st

Iran-

Guest KingCharles1st

I have seen more and more ominous news stories form the international press syndicates looking for any and every way to debase Iran and all that is stands for.

It's starting to get me nervous, bringing back memories of the Kuwait hospital baby incubator propaganda stories prior to Gulf War 1.

Fact- IF we go into Iran, we can forget about anything sensible happening inside our own boundaries, and then, assuming we did go in, where would that leave the UK as a nation?

Does anyone else feel its a situation of not 'if,' but "when?"

and great for staving off recessions! Basically politically its great, just that no one else wants it!

There are a few people here in my office that were born in Iran, if BBC tell us we're going to war do I have to kill them? Because I don't think I wanna. They are sick of the price of petrol too.

War is a great distraction.

tried and tested formula.

dot com crash(2000)......check

nikkei(1990).......check

winter of discontent(1979)......check.

...all of these are LOCAL phenomena.Notice that the scale of bloodletting in these era's is fairly limited.

......iraq/afghanistan in 2001/03

....iraq...1991

iran/iraq...+falklands.....1980.

property crash(2007).....looks promising doesn't it!!.....given the magnitude of the problem(pretty much global),you can expect a pretty much global remedy.

Russia and China will not sit by and let Iran get attacked it's as simple as that and anyone that thinks uncle same can take even one of these on are verymuch mistaken.

I've even come across rumers that Cuba will host Russian planes in responce to USA putting the nuke shield in poland.

Mad dog bush does not want you to think anything is possible buty total victory but look around and do you see victory in Afganistan unless your a drugs lord selling opion into the very system tha has supossed to be stopping the drugs trade.

Since liberation the drugs output of afganistan has gone up 300% so that some war on drugs we are having.

Russia and China will not sit by and let Iran get attacked it's as simple as that and anyone that thinks uncle same can take even one of these on are verymuch mistaken.

I agree.

China I think will bide it's time,they'll be happy to snap up the assets by launching an economic war on the US.Russia on the other hand are more likely to confront in the first place.They hold a lot of oil and are a big arms exporter,so some kind of showdown is beneficial to them on both fronts(albeit in a proxy capacity....they'd much rather arm iran and let them take the flak from the US military)

I'm really fearful of what the next few years hold for everyone. I too work with some Iranians and am frankly embarrased at some of the stuff on the news lately, to the point where I have difficulty looking a particularly close colleague of mine in the eye.

Russia on the other hand are more likely to confront in the first place.They hold a lot of oil and are a big arms exporter,so some kind of showdown is beneficial to them on both fronts(albeit in a proxy capacity....they'd much rather arm iran and let them take the flak from the US military)

Yes you could well be right

Also note that the USA/UK also sell a lot of arms and if the big boys dare not take each other directly then it's going to be a proxy war using israil.

Russia has some anti ship missiles that can take out american aircraft carriers so making them worthless so don't be too suprised to see america parking them in arms way and letting them get sunk as this will turn american people against the Russians and allow america to get yet more money from tax payers to build better weapon systems.

Maybe the ramping up of oil prices has more to do with getting americans on side for an attack than it is about peak oil.

no two ways something has to give whilst we have the current wanabe hittlers running the world.

George Galloway sums it up pretty well

As a signatory to the treaty governing the development of nuclear weapons, Iran has done nothing wrong under it either, at least according to the watchdog maintained by the international community, the IAEA.

Israel, on the other hand, refuses to sign the nuclear weapons treaty and thus, with a chutzpah which takes the breath away, claims it's not in breach of it.

Yet last week, it acknowledged the truth first revealed by the Israeli hero Mordechai Vannunu, who spent nearly 20 years in solitary for telling us that they possess nuclear weapons in abundance.

Their brazenness about this reached its apogee when they publicly thanked France, in the diminutive form of Nicolas Sarkozy, for the decisive help they had given them (we ourselves gave them the heavy water technology) to enable to build their nuclear arsenal.

So let me run that past you. Israel, which has hundreds of nuclear weapons, seems to be planning to attack a country with none with the support of France, Britain and the US and all in the name of, er, checking the spread of nuclear weapons in that region.

You couldn't make it up, but alas you don't have to.

Some recent articles, courtesy of Information Clearing House:

Russia takes control of Turkmen (world?) gas - M K Bhadrakumar asks how much longer can Washington afford to keep Iran out of the energy market as a consequence of the recent Gazprom agreements.

The geopolitics of energy makes strange bedfellows. Russia will be watching with anxiety the Turkish-Iranian-US tango. An understanding with Iran on gas pricing, production and market-sharing is vital for the success of Russia's overall gas export strategy. But Tehran visualizes the Nabucco as its passport for integration with Europe. Again, Russia's control of Turkmen gas cannot be to Tehran's liking. Tehran had keenly pursed with Ashgabat the idea of evacuation of Turkmen gas to the world market via Iranian territory.

Acts of War - Former arms inspector Scott Ritter provides a damning analysis of the evidence being used to build a case for war by the Israel-US-UK bloc

A key question that must be asked is why, then, does the IAEA continue to permit Olli Heinonen, the agency’s Finnish deputy director for safeguards and the IAEA official responsible for the ongoing technical inspections in Iran, to wage his one-man campaign on behalf of the United States, Britain and (indirectly) Israel regarding allegations derived from sources of such questionable veracity (the MEK-supplied laptop computer)? Moreover, why is such an official given free rein to discuss such sensitive data with the press, or with politically motivated outside agencies, in a manner which results in questionable allegations appearing in the public arena as unquestioned fact?

... A major culprit in this entire sordid affair is the mainstream media. Displaying an almost uncanny inability to connect the dots, the editors who run America’s largest newspapers, and the producers who put together America’s biggest television news programs, have collectively facilitated the most simplistic, inane and factually unfounded story lines coming out of the Bush White House. The most recent fairy tale was one of “diplomacy,” on the part of one William Burns, the No. 3 diplomat in the State Department.

... Sending a relatively obscure official like Burns to “observe” a meeting between the European Union and Iran, with instructions not to interact, not to initiate, not to discuss, cannot under any circumstances be construed as diplomacy. Any student of diplomatic history could tell you this. And yet the esteemed editors and news producers used the term diplomacy, without challenge or clarification, to describe Burns’ mission to Geneva on July 19. The decision to send him there was hailed as a “significant concession” on the part of the Bush administration, a step away from war and an indication of a new desire within the White House to resolve the Iranian impasse through diplomacy. How this was going to happen with a diplomat hobbled and muzzled to the degree Burns was apparently skipped the attention of these writers and their bosses. Diplomacy, America was told, was the new policy option of choice for the Bush administration.

Plan Facts About Iran's Military - Eric Margolis examines the balance of terror between Israel and Iran. I fail to see how Iran - even a nuclear armed Iran - poses a threat to Israel. They might have a point if Israel itself was non-nuclear and a signatory to the NPT. Its all about the balance of terror.

Thanks to its strategic triad, Israel’s nuclear forces are indestructible, hence capable of devastating retaliation against any enemy nuclear strike.

Making Nuclear Extermination Respectable - Professor James Petras criticises a recent NY Times article by Israeli-Jewish historian Benny Morris which threatens Iran with nuclear strikes.

“Iran’s leaders would do well to rethink their gamble and suspend their nuclear program. Barring this, the best they could hope for is that Israel’s conventional air assault will destroy their nuclear facilities. To be sure, this would mean thousands of Iranian casualties and international humiliation. But the alternative is an Iran turned into a nuclear wasteland.”

Morris is a frequent lecturer and consultant to the Israeli political and military establishment and has unique access to Israeli strategic military planners. Morris’ advocacy and public support of the massive, brutal expulsion of all Palestinians is on public record. Yet his genocidal views have not precluded his receiving numerous academic awards. His writings and views are published in Israel’s leading newspapers and journals. Morris’ views are not the idle ranting of a marginal psychopath, as witnessed by the recent publication of his latest op-ed article in the New York Times.

Big problem though, Iran is a war we won't win. Top generals from both the US and UK have already said that i war with Iran would leave us xtremely vulnerable. For this reason I'm not sure a full scale invasion will happen, however, this does not rule out air strikes.

I'm convinced that a combined US and Israel Air Strike is more likely and they will target key installations such as airports, GAM sites and nuclear installations.

Big problem though, Iran is a war we won't win. Top generals from both the US and UK have already said that i war with Iran would leave us xtremely vulnerable. For this reason I'm not sure a full scale invasion will happen, however, this does not rule out air strikes.

I'm convinced that a combined US and Israel Air Strike is more likely and they will target key installations such as airports, GAM sites and nuclear installations.

And they will block the straits of Hormuz with sunken tankers and oil will go over $300 a barrel, fook us royally and the US in the process.

I work with 2 Iranians and they are cool, down to earth people. In fact they never say they are Iranian, they are Persian and their people hate the mullahs and frankly the Arabs!

Good luck all and God Help us to the non atheists here.

And they will block the straits of Hormuz with sunken tankers and oil will go over $300 a barrel, fook us royally and the US in the process.

I work with 2 Iranians and they are cool, down to earth people. In fact they never say they are Iranian, they are Persian and their people hate the mullahs and frankly the Arabs!

Good luck all and God Help us to the non atheists here.

I agree completely I think we are all very badly educated about Iran. Its people in general are very well educated and civilized and I think an invasion is simply crazy and will never result in peace. People in Iran don't like the regime they live under but they don't want full blown war either. I think the regime in Iran is more likely to change if we leave it alone and stop the threats.

Reading the news today I think something is brewing in the middle east

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ike-Israel.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2488879/Ir...r-proposal.html

Something is going to happen and it will start with Israel and maybe America will join in....who knows. If it does then seriously start stocking up on food as the result will be soaring fuel and food costs. For us this is a no win situation.

Yes but Russian missile technoligy is ten years ahead of anything america has so any attack maybe repelled if Russia has given Iran such weapon systems.

People need to remember who is attacking who and pretending an attack by Israil is not an attack by america itself is just plane stupid and will not fool Russia/China

Yes but Russian missile technoligy is ten years ahead of anything america has so any attack maybe repelled if Russia has given Iran such weapon systems.

Hang on. The Soviet system gave up the cold war struggle partly because they were loosing the techno military race with the West.

There then followed 10 years of economic stagnation in Russia during which the country technically went bust and the military budget was cut severely. The Russian military machine could barely house and feed its armed forces.

In the same period the US has been spending oodles of money on military techno innovation, yet you claim Russia has missile technology with a ten year lead over the US equipment! Get real.

Hang on. The Soviet system gave up the cold war struggle partly because they were loosing the techno military race with the West.

There then followed 10 years of economic stagnation in Russia during which the country technically went bust and the military budget was cut severely. The Russian military machine could barely house and feed its armed forces.

In the same period the US has been spending oodles of money on military techno innovation, yet you claim Russia has missile technology with a ten year lead over the US equipment! Get real.

Very untrue, Russia has been making lots of money from oil and gas and since then has been spending again. Yes America has cool stuff but when it comes down to plain war we will have to put troops on the ground to make a lasting impact.

Very untrue, Russia has been making lots of money from oil and gas and since then has been spending again. Yes America has cool stuff but when it comes down to plain war we will have to put troops on the ground to make a lasting impact.

And michael gorbachev had some very choice words(of warning) about the forming EU.

He was smart enough to see that it would become a dictatorship of sorts many years ago,and would be positioning itself by stealth to take over economic supremacy.

Russia is by no means a dead duck,but the EU is a bigger enemy by far.

St Petersburg went from being the 124th most expensive place to stay to the seventh in just a few years.

It wanted to pay back IMF loans early.

Because it did not have the money to match america on aircraft carriers it sat back and asked what could it do to nutralise this threat ! Answer build more advance missiles that cost 1000's the cost of the carriers it could take out.

America spent millions on developing a special pen that would work in space. Russian took pensils.

Russia has addressed it financial probloms, america has not.

Look at the achivments of the USR because they match anything the west have done and it's propaganda from the BBC that sugests russia is backwards so that the public don't get to scared when Bush and his thugs play games with them.

Nukes are old hat and bio-weapons are where it's at but the trouble is no one knows who's got what so we all run a huge risk if the fighting goes too far.

Sorry but it's poor old america that is between a rock and a hard place and it needs to except it demise with the same guts as Russia/Rome/........................................