House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Bogof Housing Offer In Us

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/ju...risis.useconomy

Those wanting to snap up a bargain on the back of others' misery, or simply curious bystanders, can even go on a weekly bus trip around Stockton called the Repo Home Tour, set up by a wily entrepreneur, Cesar Dias. "We have one or two tour buses full every week," says Dias. "It becomes a friendly field trip."

More than a year has passed since the sub-prime crisis began to bite and in parts of the US even celebrities are being snared. Evander Holyfield, former world heavyweight boxing champion, is facing foreclosure on his $10m mansion in Atlanta, which has 109 rooms, a bowling alley and 17 bathrooms.

The market is in such a sorry state that a San Diego housebuilder, Michael Crews Development, is offering a "buy one, get one free" deal on new homes. Anyone purchasing a $1.6m luxury detached home in Escondido gets a $400,000 townhouse thrown in. Marketing director Dawn Berry says: "Everybody's talking about such terrible things. We did this to create a buzz."

In California's worst-hit cities, nobody seems hopeful of an upturn. If the slump continues, it won't be long before Stockton's worst-hit streets have more brown lawns than green ones.

Interesting article.

Tell you i came across a fantastic newish bugalow in Florida for $100k (50 Grand sterlin) complete with swiming pool and huge double garage.

$hit thats cheaper then they were 12 years ago if my memory serves me well.

Would buy it but i can not stand the nazis checking passports at the airports.

Without trying

3 bad/ 3 bathroom house for 83,000 pounds

Compass_Villa.jpg

$10,900

280241244996.jpg

More bargins but not florida

Edited by Justice

Hmmmm.... If you managed to get two newbuild houses on Bogof then you could knock the walls through and you'd have a normal sized house.