House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

5p Drop In Petrol Price Set To Get Housing Market Firing On All 4 Cylinders Again

Tossers of the media up to their eyeballs in property who have been boring the ******ing **** off everyone banging on about how wealthy they are, have today suggested that the generous drop in fuel prices mean that first time buyers, flush from the wonderful windfall from glorious Chancellor Brown, will be leaping onto the market in massive numbers to take on debt they can't afford to service. Barry Evans, a 19 yr old bloke from Bridgend said, "This is great news, with the £5 a week I'm saving on petrol for my scooter, it looks like I can probably still live on nettles and berries and keep under the threshold for paying back my negatively amortized student loan until it's written off, then I can get on the housing ladder and start a family. This is great." He was later found hanging from a tree.

:D thanks....made me choke on my morning tea!

Tossers of the media up to their eyeballs in property who have been boring the ******ing **** off everyone banging on about how wealthy they are, have today suggested that the generous drop in fuel prices mean that first time buyers, flush from the wonderful windfall from glorious Chancellor Brown, will be leaping onto the market in massive numbers to take on debt they can't afford to service. Barry Evans, a 19 yr old bloke from Bridgend said, "This is great news, with the £5 a week I'm saving on petrol for my scooter, it looks like I can probably still live on nettles and berries and keep under the threshold for paying back my negatively amortized student loan until it's written off, then I can get on the housing ladder and start a family. This is great." He was later found hanging from a tree.

...I suppose this 5p drop will spurt the Banks and other lenders into shovelling money out the door to anybody who can't afford it....and even provide Banks with the funding to do so.....I don't think so....the housing market is at the beginning of it's descent...not the end... <_<

These younsters need to learn a bit about investment. £5 a week in housing would be a total waste. He would be far better of in a guaranteed mid-term appreciating asset like computer hardware.

p-o-p

Has petrol gone down then? Can't say I noticed, and that's after doing about 600 miles this weekend. Will have to check out the price at the garage, and if it has dropped by 5p, I may celebrate and spunk the savings 66% of non-premium pork pie.

Oh, non-premium happy days are 66% here again!

Has petrol gone down then? Can't say I noticed, and that's after doing about 600 miles this weekend. Will have to check out the price at the garage, and if it has dropped by 5p, I may celebrate and spunk the savings 66% of non-premium pork pie.

Oh, non-premium happy days are 66% here again!

The supermarkets have cut by 5p, but other garages don't seem to have yet followed. Tesco are also doing their spend £50 in store and get 5p a litre off voucher as well, their garage had a huge queue over the weekend.

The supermarkets have cut by 5p, but other garages don't seem to have yet followed. Tesco are also doing their spend £50 in store and get 5p a litre off voucher as well, their garage had a huge queue over the weekend.

Even with a drop of 10p we would only be back to price levels of 2-3 months ago. Once it broke the £1 threashold there was no stopping it, around my way it's £1.19 for petrol, a drop to £1.09 would be welcome but it's not going to significantly change things.

Even with a drop of 10p we would only be back to price levels of 2-3 months ago. Once it broke the £1 threashold there was no stopping it, around my way it's £1.19 for petrol, a drop to £1.09 would be welcome but it's not going to significantly change things.

This was always going to be the problem, after the blockades in early 2000's the price never really fell that much. Wether this is a temporary reduction by tesco's and the like to get you in their store and how long it will last is another thing. I agree though that we're unlikely to ever see sub £1 petrol again

My guess is goverments knew they had go to far in extracting money from us all after the protests all over europe and they decided they had better pull back a bit else riots might break out big time.

Hope you are all ready for Enron style power cuts with winter ! I've got my generator ready just in case they try that one.

all this does is increase the stand off as sellers hold on to fantasy prices and so have to plough all funds into maintaining a heavy mortgage - they wont spend.

potential buyers who already decided they would not participate (the die hards) are waiting and so not buying furniture etc. not buying.

in the meantime the high street remains empty.

this will mean big job losses.

The resulting crazed orgy of spending looks inflationary to me.

I'm very worried. Petrol prices should not be lowered

Once the unemployed & the pensioners start putting downpayments on 1st class stamps & lumps of coal you'll have another credit bubble to deal with....

I'm with fumble on this one, oil price down to 126 USD from a peak of 147. Unleaded should now be at circa £1 per litre. The fact that supermarkets are currently promoting 5p a litre off vouchers with a spend of £50 in store means they have a larger profit margin to play with.

BTW, talking with the cashier in Sainsbury's at weekend, she said the majority of such coupons are chucked away. She said there had been many on the floor that morning, and other people had picked them up. None there when I looked round though....

I'm with fumble on this one, oil price down to 126 USD from a peak of 147. Unleaded should now be at circa £1 per litre. The fact that supermarkets are currently promoting 5p a litre off vouchers with a spend of £50 in store means they have a larger profit margin to play with.

BTW, talking with the cashier in Sainsbury's at weekend, she said the majority of such coupons are chucked away. She said there had been many on the floor that morning, and other people had picked them up. None there when I looked round though....

Perhaps you should make a hide in the fruit and veg section, armed with binoculars.

Here all you doom-mongers go again, with your gloomy predictions of price falls. Petrol prices are still higher than they were a year ago.