House Price Crash Forum
deadman

Daily Express Front Page Monday

..over next five years.

Dear God. Help me. I don't think I can take any more. :lol:

(editted for omission of necessary smiley)

Edited by Deadman

Who knows where prices will be in 5 years time? None of us. But, given that peoprety prices tend to rise over the long term, 25% higher in 5 years time might not be what we want to hear, but it's like saying 'the pope will die in the next 5 years' - likely but not certain.

..over next five years.

Dear God. Help me. I don't think I can take any more. :lol:

Dirty Desmond is trying desperately to ramp up the market again, I see (and prop up his property portfolio).

Maybe they believe the government rescue will be enough to rekindle the market. Can't see it myself though - it's taken 10 years to get to the top this time. It took about 5 years in the 1980s and it took another 5 for the bottom to be reached. If I were to apply the laws of symmetry I would say we were looking at a long road to the bottom. Daily Express=toilet paper.

Well, I'm afraid I can't argue with that... I'm off to get a luxury studio for £400k, then in 5 years time I'll sell it for 500k.

I might give up work too, since my property will be earning me £20k/year all by itself!

They forgot to mention that in 5 years a loaf of bread will also cost you £6.

Do your own mathematics.

The Express is cheap in comparison. 9 rolls of Andrex cost me about 4 1/2 quid today.

The "Good news at last for homeowners" bit makes me have involuntary spasms of violent thoughts mixed with uncontrollable laughter.

F8ckin total cr*p. Who the f*ck is gonna believe this? Who the f*ck buys this utter utter sewage? I'm madder than a mad thing tonight.

The "Good news at last for homeowners" bit makes me have involuntary spasms of violent thoughts mixed with uncontrollable laughter.

F8ckin total cr*p. Who the f*ck is gonna believe this? Who the f*ck buys this utter utter sewage? I'm madder than a mad thing tonight.

I see they're offering free rose-tinted specs as well. :lol:

15057645.jpg

WTF are they "thinking"? :lol:

Does the editor not wince with embarrassment at having to put this kind of drivel out there? I hope Desmond's paying him well...

15057645.jpg

WTF are they "thinking"? :lol:

This irresponsible, pathetic rag is just out to increase sales - at any price. Trouble is there may be more than a few FTB's out there prepared to listen to this garbage.

...for those of you who know the story about my silly niece, I may just buy her a copy of this to make her feel better about buying a property recently that she can't afford. I'll frame it for her to hang around her 'fiance's' neck.

...for those of you who know the story about my silly niece, I may just buy her a copy of this to make her feel better about buying a property recently that she can't afford. I'll frame it for her to hang around her 'fiance's' neck.

haha

This irresponsible, pathetic rag is just out to increase sales - at any price. Trouble is there may be more than a few FTB's out there prepared to listen to this garbage.

So then shepple, you can spend, spend, spend, if you think you've got it! :lol::lol::lol:

I agree, anything to prop up the circulation, when the people are just starting to think of cutting back their daily 40p and opting for budget toilet paper instead. :lol:

And Mylenee to replace Vorderman then, phoar! Maybe she can help explain how +25% all works out for the best.

Edit: typo

Edited by Odin

Dear God it's David Orr from the NHF being taken totally out of context again :o , the silly tw@t it's the second time he's done this in the past six months or so. They attempt to make a point re. pricing out, lack of housing stock and get cornered, fukcin amateurs. <_< They're saying that if previous future projections are correct and the govt. don't fulfill their house building promises then property price falls could be arrested and reverse to rises by 4% a year over the next six years. But releasing their press release as they have and by the time it goes through the Express's version of Babel Fish, you're bound to get this translation...

Edited by Converted Lurker