House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Local Haart Ea Closed. And Of 7 Estate Agents On Road

I know this should be in anecdotals but I thought it was interesting enough to be on the main forum.

The local Haart EA has closed office. There were 7 (including Haart) on the one high street. Your Move went a couple of months back so there are 5 left.

But what gets me is that Haart were the main drivers in reductions. I'd say they reduced 80% of their listings.

Of the other 5 left only one had more than 10 reductions (~15% of listings) and the other 4 I'd say about 5 property reductions each (~8% of listings).

So the one that is chasing the market down was the one that closed. And I thought they'd be the one who would have survived, along with another who do primarily lettings)!

I know this should be in anecdotals but I thought it was interesting enough to be on the main forum.

The local Haart EA has closed office. There were 7 (including Haart) on the one high street. Your Move went a couple of months back so there are 5 left.

But what gets me is that Haart were the main drivers in reductions. I'd say they reduced 80% of their listings.

Of the other 5 left only one had more than 10 reductions (~15% of listings) and the other 4 I'd say about 5 property reductions each (~8% of listings).

So the one that is chasing the market down was the one that closed. And I thought they'd be the one who would have survived, along with another who do primarily lettings)!

Never be the first to tell an unsavoury truth. No one will thank you for it and the desperate will look to someone who tells them what they want to hear (so "so what if it never sells. So what if the neighbour sold for £380K. Its worth £450K, tart up your bathroom woman"

I live near coulsdon in surrey and one of the estate agent has just got rid of 6 of the 8 staff who were working in it. SO looks like the property crash is starting to bite in this area. The lesson for them is maybe if they had reduced prices they may have sold more property and now not find themselves on the dole now. :rolleyes: