House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

British Chavs Making The Country Look Terrible - Again!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...cy-landing.html

A holiday jet bound for Britain was forced to make an emergency landing in Germany after two drunken British women threatened to open a passenger door at 30,000 feet and then tried to attack cabin crew with a vodka bottle.

I truly hope these morons get thrown in jail for a very long time.

I dont know, they are merely following the example of governments around the world. For example, FAnnie and freddie are climbing high on losses, and what to the government do, they get all rowdy, threaten the tax payers and actually DO open the door at 30,000 ft.

How is this off topic? These are the same people who cry and stamp their feet if they can't have a big house with a big morgage.

you any good at 'keepy uppy' in the garden Elizabeth? You kept that 'on topic brilliantly' ;) Just to add why do they give the UK a bad name, in some respects and on so many layers this is a decent 'snapshot' of England atm. That's our finest export, Brits with a little bit of access to cash, spending it abroad and blowing the last bit on the plane home, just a shame we've taken them 'back in' and not diverted them to The Carribean Beaut's 'mew paradise' :D

They should have got everyone else in seatbelts then let them!

These two were lucky to be on a UK airline. Had it been a US one with Sky Marshalls on board they would have been shot dead. One can but dream.

These two were lucky to be on a UK airline. Had it been a US one with Sky Marshalls on board they would have been shot dead. One can but dream.

Surely they don't let them carry guns do they? That really is a terrifying thought.

Surely they don't let them carry guns do they? That really is a terrifying thought.

Link

"Ma'am -please step away from the door.....Ma'am, step away from the door NOW!!!"

"Faack off You cu..."BANG!!!!!!

SWEET...

Of course they do.

It's no more terrifying than cops carrying them which they do in every country in the world except here.

Don't believe the movie make-believe of a single bullet through a window causing a plane to explode - it dosen't happen. You cannot bring a modern jet liner down with a pistol.

Of course they do.

It's no more terrifying than cops carrying them which they do in every country in the world except here.

Don't believe the movie make-believe of a single bullet through a window causing a plane to explode - it dosen't happen. You cannot bring a modern jet liner down with a pistol.

Of course they do.

I'm not worried about the engineering issues since I guess it's quite unlikely that a stray bullet would hit any vital bit of machinery. What scares me is, firstly, someone firing a gun with so many people in such a confined space and, secondly, the risk of the gun being wrested from the cop by one or more suicidal terrorists.

They should have got everyone else in seatbelts then let them!

totally agree,the pilot should have come out and told them to get out and walk.

I'm not worried about the engineering issues since I guess it's quite unlikely that a stray bullet would hit any vital bit of machinery. What scares me is, firstly, someone firing a gun with so many people in such a confined space and, secondly, the risk of the gun being wrested from the cop by one or more suicidal terrorists.

It's unlikely to happen like that. Sky Marhalls travel in pairs to prevent that sort of thing; in the event of an incident only one of them reacts first. This means that the second can deal with any trouble later. It also helps prevent a terrorist starting a rucus to expose the AM if there is only one on board.

The fact that it's a confined space with lots of innocents there really make no difference. If a Sky Marshall has to open fire then there is already a heavy risk of loss of the aircraft to begin with.

To be honest, I would feel safer on transatlantic flights knowing there was a couple of marshals on board. Just my 2p.

Me too.

Peronally, I would prefer if any US citizen who held a concealed carry permit were allowed to be armed as well. There would be very little change of any terrorist even bothering if a number of the pssengers were likely to be armed.