House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

£450,000 For A 2 Bed "house" In East Sheen: Owner Paid

"We had bought it in 2006 for £304,000 and were thrilled when we had two local estate agents - Gascoigne Pees and James Anderson - value it at £479,000 and £469,000 respectively. We accepted the higher bid and shortly afterwards it went on the market. We had tens of viewings, but no offers. I suggested to the agent that this might be price-related, but - as estate agents do - they kept saying, 'We don't understand why it's not selling, it's such a lovely price' and told us not to lower it."

FFS! Do they think that estate agent's valuations are like an auction? "Oooohhh Foxtons have offered us £500,000 for it!"

Edited by thecrashingisles

Would you like to have a laugh?!?

Just read this:

Help! I'm suffering brickor mortis

That bird who paid £304k in 2006 and now thinks she has a RIGHT to sell for £450k c. 2 years later...! :wacko::wacko: HAS THE WORLD GONE DIPPY?!??!? :unsure::unsure:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...e#StartComments

Eric, let's hope she does sell and then completes on her "dream house" for 750K which then corrects in value by 35%, leaving her in neq eq with a 550K mortgage to service. I thought this type of alien being had vanished over the past few months.... <_<

how strange, looks like it's now on for 425K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-950...=1&tr_t=buy

They say £425K in the article:

But the couple remain fairly upbeat about the situation and are sticking at £425,000. Rebecca says: “We never had the £479,000 in our pockets in the first place so it's not like we've actually lost anything. And if we're affected like this then there must be bargains out there. We just need to wait and see."

got ya, just seen this whilst looking through the area, there are still times when the madness we've experienced leaves me cold and speechless, a million quid for this :blink: :

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-105...=1&tr_t=buy

Very true. I was just about to say, "Well it is a nice looking house." But it's just the sort of place that someone in my position ought to be able to think about buying. At over a million I've got no chance.

BTW, it looks like the drop to £425k on the other one was timed to coincide with the article. It will be interesting to watch if it sells or not... :)

Edited by thecrashingisles

got ya, just seen this whilst looking through the area, there are still times when the madness we've experienced leaves me cold and speechless, a million quid for this :blink: :

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-105...=1&tr_t=buy

Even this one, was on for more originally - its been reduced from £1,125,000 to £1,085,000

Seems a real bargain now - sign me up for two..

:lol::lol:ITS A SEMI!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Edited by Yorkshire Lad

Very true. I was just about to say, "Well it is a nice looking house." But it's just the sort of place that someone in my position ought to be able to think about buying. At over a million I've got no chance.

BTW, it looks like the drop to £425k on the other one was timed to coincide with the article. It will be interesting to watch if it sells or not... :)

it justs looks like the average 'acacia avenue' house you move into after buying the first one :blink: Even a 35-40% crash aint gonna account for the utter madness that the housing market is/has become. That 1mil house should be in the reach of someone who's perhaps paid off half of their 25 year mortgage and looking to move up, (neeed extra space for kids etc) We've got a helluva long way to go in Londonium if that article is a genuine barometer of the levels of denial...and is it denial, or is it reality? :o

it justs looks like the average 'acacia avenue' house you move into after buying the first one :blink: Even a 35-40% crash aint gonna account for the utter madness that the housing market is/has become. That 1mil house should be in the reach of someone who's perhaps paid off half of their 25 year mortgage and looking to move up, (neeed extra space for kids etc) We've got a helluva long way to go in Londonium if that article is a genuine barometer of the levels of denial...and is it denial, or is it reality? :o

I think it's denial. I can remember looking at some really nice places in SW London in 2006 at around the £300K mark. I held off buying because I wanted to build up a bigger deposit first but now similar properties are all on for around £450K. It's depressing...

Even a 35-40% crash aint gonna account for the utter madness that the housing market is/has become.

that's because 35-40% is just the beginning! Mwuhahahaah etc etc etc

East Sheen UK, yours for £1,085.000

eastsheen.jpg

For the same money: West Vancouver, most expensive residential area in Canada (which has had a property boom) + Porsche 911 + £80,000 change:

vancouver.jpg

For the same money: West Vancouver, most expensive residential area in Canada (which has had a property boom) + Porsche 911 + £80,000 change:

Plus you get to worry about getting eaten by bears instead of getting stabbed by a feral British youth. :)

Guest sillybear2

All fair points, but I must add something....

The kamikazee FTB, you would though, wouldn't you? :P

Edited by sillybear2

Even this one, was on for more originally - its been reduced from £1,125,000 to £1,085,000

Seems a real bargain now - sign me up for two..

:lol::lol:ITS A SEMI!!! :blink::blink::blink:

So good it has 5 photos, and two of them are the same.

Bizarre job titles these women have, what`s a "Digital marketing executive". Does this really mean a typist?

Fish finger salesperson.

It's a two-bedroom property, with a good garden.....

Eh!? :ph34r:

4876_EAN070262_IMG_03_0001.JPG

Edited by jonewer

Guest KingCharles1st

I'm not sure whether it would be wise to introduce a sniggering Beavis and Butthead video to HPC- that is the most astonishing thing I have ever read on HPC :blink:

I can't decide if its vanity, stupidity, ego or greed, it must be a sledgehammer mix of all four!!!!!

Edited by KingCharles1st

“One of these was for £450,000 in March. This we accepted, having realised that it was a realistic, reasonable figure. Meanwhile, I'd found the house of my dreams nearby in East Sheen at a price of £750,000 and put in an offer. But just before our buyers were about to exchange they demanded £35,000 off because of the market.”

Determined not to have her chain fall through, she went to the vendors of the bigger house she wanted and asked for the equivalent percentage off. “They were thinking about it but the next day our buyers came back and said they'd found somewhere else in Putney so dropped out anyway.

She is having a laugh yes? Having been asked for £35K off would it not suggest that to complete the deal she would then ask for £35K off, not £58K (the equivalent percentage). Its business, she was looking for her chances, luck blew out, so why is she now moaning. And as well, if she is prepared to accept £415K why not make that her marketing strategy rather than still sitting there "playing the game" (not very well!) A very selfish, tight person I suspect, and I would be quite happy to see her go down down down.

That's the "fabulous rear garden" of the rightmove advert!

Which fable? The Emperor's New Clothes?

Blimey - I never got that far. a naked back fence and not even a fake grecian wrought iron chair :blink: